Bleacher Report's 2013 Nfl All-Rookie Team

Sidecar Falcon

hi-res-186716693-desmond-trufant-of-the-atlanta-falcons-reacts-after_crop_650.jpg?1388361734

Grant Halverson/Getty Images

Desmond Trufant, Atlanta Falcons (11 Votes)

Generally speaking, even highly touted young cornerbacks often struggle in their first year in the NFL. It's a position that brings with it very real growing pains.

Desmond Trufant of the Atlanta Falcons has been the exception to that rule.

Installed as a starter from the get-go, Trufant has shined, notching 70 tackles with a forced fumble and two interceptions.

The former Washington standout also held his own, ranking inside the top 10 at his position in Pro Football Focus' coverage rankings.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1904242-bleacher-reports-2013-nfl-all-rookie-team/page/13

Excited to see him play next year.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BankerTurd™

i wanted him in the draft, i remember everyone calling for tds head for trading up to get him, wonder where they are now to eat some

300802d1360010756-surveyor-tim-pitts-not-recommended-eat-crow.jpg

dark side of me has no comment.

as for me. I think we did not have to trade up for him. but if we would have missed out and got rhodes I would have been happy and then been pissed half way in the season when I saw Tru being better and rhodes being just ok like Alford.

i wanted him in the draft, i remember everyone calling for tds head for trading up to get him, wonder where they are now to eat some

300802d1360010756-surveyor-tim-pitts-not-recommended-eat-crow.jpg

Didn't want him then. While he has played decently, the Falcons had and have more pressing needs. Assuming that we should eat crow on this is like saying we should eat crow for not wanting the Julio trade. Last year's draft was overflowing with offensive and defensive linemen.

So we have a decent corner with a defense that still sucks and and offensive line that cannot block. I would trade Trufant for any number of linemen in a heart beat.

Didn't want him then. While he has played decently, the Falcons had and have more pressing needs. Assuming that we should eat crow on this is like saying we should eat crow for not wanting the Julio trade. Last year's draft was overflowing with offensive and defensive linemen.

So we have a decent corner with a defense that still sucks and and offensive line that cannot block. I would trade Trufant for any number of linemen in a heart beat.

Considering Samuel's injuries this season and McClain struggling at times, we would've had no one to play the position otherwise...

trufant is far better than decent and im will to bet you wouldnt trade him for any of the linemen on this team. Corner was the pressing need last year and dimi met that need. Think about how terrible our secondary would be without him.

?

Considering Samuel's injuries this season and McClain struggling at times, we would've had no one to play the position otherwise...

Doesn't matter. Your defense starts up front. You put pressure on the QB and it will make the average CB look good because he has less time to cover the WR. You give the best CB all day to run around and follow the WR, the QB will shred the defense.

There was no need to trade up for him and TD could have gotten a corner with relatively the same talent at a lower pick possibly still being able to pick Trufant, or better yet, got a defensive or offensive linemen.

I love how fans tout Trufant and Worrilow and yet the defense still sucks. It was a better defense last year when the team didn't have these guys. Now I am not blaming these 2 players, but it seems that their performances are not nearly as impressive the fans are making it out to be. For instance the amount of tackles that both players made is most likely due to how often the defense was on the field because the offense kept going 3 and out.

I bet that if this offense starts becoming more consistent, you will see those tackle numbers drop.

Edited by Objective Critic

trufant is far better than decent and im will to bet you wouldnt trade him for any of the linemen on this team. Corner was the pressing need last year and dimi met that need. Think about how terrible our secondary would be without him.

Think about how bad these linemen are with him. We need some space eaters and pass rushers.

Well regardless of all other considerations already posted, I am just glad we hit a home run with our #1 pick this year. There is nothing more galling or deflating than blowing a #1 pick. Many of the ones we made in this regime have not panned out as expected. But this one seems to be the real deal so far. I am grateful for that myself.

Think about how bad these linemen are with him. We need some space eaters and pass rushers.

trufant makes them better by keeping up his coverage if anything. Im not saying we dont need lineman but we did address the issue last year, maybe not as well but it was addressed, and the injury to kroy certainly didnt help the situation.