Td Has Been Money Inside The Top 10

THE ICEMAN

TDs only two picks inside the top ten was Ryan(3) and Julio(6) and both have turned into franchise cabiler players.

If he nails it again and selects another top player inside the top ten he's do some credit for that at least.

Throw in Trufant,Alford,Worrilow and Bartu last year he could have quite a crop of young players he has drafted or signed these last two drafts.

This year picking at the top of the 2nd round we should get another player ready to start day one.

He has had some missed but everyone does.

I think this is the draft that either will make or break this collection of coaches players and gm.

I think injuries played a huge role in the outcome of the season and losing so many close game( ones we normally win in the pass) matter of fact we lost I believe all the close ones were we would have had to co e from behind NO's,NE,Mami,Jets,Sanfran,Carolina thats a lot of games that we were a few plays from winning.

I think ultimately We'll sign some guys have a stellar draft and win 11 plus games next year being last in the divison has its perks as we'll play the other 3 NFC divisions worst teams versus the divisions winners.

I think this team though has to get back to running the football though its really hurt us the last two years having no run game.

He's a very good GM. We are only ailing in the trenches, meaning he's done a fairly decent job in other areas. Get better across both lines and he'll be great.

Just because you are good at one thing, doesn't mean you'll be good at another. Especially when you refuse to admit that you were wrong.

TD is like a contractor who is good at beautiful wood work but his houses always have major plumbing problems. He just spends all his budget on expensive marble, glass and wood but buys el-cheapo pipes and hires cut rate vendors to do the plumbing.

Now some of his customers start to complain that their toilets keep getting clogged and the drains overflow.

What does he do?

Either he admits he sucks at plumbing and hires a good plumbing assistant or one day he gets run out of town after one of his houses gets flooded with crap and the owners get mad.

But he has proven by his record and by talent that he's good at evaluating other positions. Yes he sucks when it comes to the trenches, but is he supposed to openly admit that to Blank? He said as much by saying he was wrong when it came to their readiness.

Some of the TD haters refuse to wake up.

I am likely in the minority but I think TD is a lousy GM. Is Julio a great receiver? Absolutely. Worth 5 draft picks? Maybe, but without those picks you have no depth and no young blood to replace the aging. Was Trufant worth giving up a 3rd pick? Was Sam Baker worth the two 2nd rd and 4th rd picks? Eventually losing all that talent adds up.

Look at the perennial winners in this league and how they handle the draft. When is the last time one of these blockbuster trades worked for the team getting the 1 guy?

I feel that Nolan has been given the power to pick the players for his defense. He got off to a good start last draft when he had input on the players. TD won't get in his way and we will get the players we need to turn it around. He signed a 2 yr deal allowing him to work with his picks/FA 's for 2 more drafts.

TD has been money with skill position players.

TD has also been an a$$clown with O and D Line players - close to 100% failure rate.

This always cracks me up. People act if TD has drafted a ton of 1st rd Dline and Oline players. PJ and SB weren't bad players at all. The problem has been injuries has killed their careers. Were they injured before? Yes, but that doesn't always mean anything.

Konz was a late 2nd who most scouts and others thought would be a really solid player. Only thing he needed to do was get stronger. That's on him and the coaches. Not to mention the scheme. 3rd round and later rounds are borderline starters to good role players and hidden gems.

This always cracks me up. People act if TD has drafted a ton of 1st rd Dline and Oline players. PJ and SB weren't bad players at all. The problem has been injuries has killed their careers. Were they injured before? Yes, but that doesn't always mean anything.

Konz was a late 2nd who most scouts and others thought would be a really solid player. Only thing he needed to do was get stronger. That's on him and the coaches. Not to mention the scheme. 3rd round and later rounds are borderline starters to good role players and hidden gems.

In other words, "Dog ate my homework".

TD's drafting skills for trench players is worse than Mariah Carey's acting.

smh both of them had red flags from injury concerns coming out of college. Especially Sam Baker. Baker has dealt with injuries but he plays like complete garbage if he has a simple paper cut. Peria on the other hand got hurt the second game of his rookie year in 200-frickin-9. He's played in every game since then except TWO. He doesn't have that excuse. He's just a terrible player that should have never been picked because he's the exact same type of player that Babineaux was/is. I thought it was a stupid pick then

as a run defender. Jamaal Anderson could do that. He showed nothing as a pass rusher, which means he's a career backup

Not sure if you recorded the game but he was a monster at nose tackle pass rushing towards the end of the game. Collapsed the pocket twice in a row but nobody else was there. Anderson was also a top 10 pick.

Edited by red falcon

PJ and SB weren't bad players at all???? :lol:

Baker was solid at his best, an embarrassment for the game of football at his worst...did ya really forget that MNF game against Philly in 2011 that quickly???

Jerry was another board hype job because everybody wanted him to come in hot since he was gonna be 30 in a blink of an eye...he was an average player before the injury and could barely get on the field afterwards. now he's a decent role player in a rotation but a very lacking starter...and old as f*ck.

these are his 1st round attempts at the trenches...some of the most underwhelming players on our team.

Not sure if you recorded the game but he was a monster at nose tackle pass rushing towards the end of the game. Collapsed the pocket twice in a row but nobody else was there. Anderson was also a top 10 pick.

calling Anderson a top 10 pick is moreso a sight to McKay than an ode to his skil

smh both of them had red flags from injury concerns coming out of college. Especially Sam Baker. Baker has dealt with injuries but he plays like complete garbage if he has a simple paper cut. Peria on the other hand got hurt the second game of his rookie year in 200-frickin-9. He's played in every game since then except TWO. He doesn't have that excuse. He's just a terrible player that should have never been picked because he's the exact same type of player that Babineaux was/is. I thought it was a stupid pick then

Lol ok

PJ and SB weren't bad players at all???? :lol:

Baker was solid at his best, an embarrassment for the game of football at his worst...did ya really forget that MNF game against Philly in 2011 that quickly???

Jerry was another board hype job because everybody wanted him to come in hot since he was gonna be 30 in a blink of an eye...he was an average player before the injury and could barely get on the field afterwards. now he's a decent role player in a rotation but a very lacking starter...and old as f*ck.

these are his 1st round attempts at the trenches...some of the most underwhelming players on our team.

Are you ignorant? Baker was hurt then and wasn't healthy that entire year. When healthy he's solid. He was the best option at the time and we had to get a LT that year.

As far as PJ lol. He was a stud in College and his only knock was his age. The knee injury ruined his career. He was a UT penetrating DT. The injury took his burst and other things away. He never got it back and we used him different.