Lamar Holmes

Dirtybird#11

We have gotta cut this fat overweight SOB i have never ever seen a NFL player be burned by a defensive lineman so many times in one season and Hardy absolutely tore his a$$ up yesterday.Im tired of the Lamar Holmes OT campaign can we please put it to an end.

I think we rushed Holmes to early into starting action, but yesterday 2 of the sack were on Tony Gonzalez and 1 of the sacks was on an inside stunt. Go back and look at the game

We have gotta cut this fat overweight SOB i have never ever seen a NFL player be burned by a defensive lineman so many times in one season and Hardy absolutely tore his a$$ up yesterday.Im tired of the Lamar Holmes OT campaign can we please put it to an end.

He is worthless just as I said all season. He was a reach in the draft that is never going to pan out

You don't dump 3rd round picks after only two seasons unless they A: have shown absolutely effort and/or potential, or B: they've been charged with manslaughter. Neither applies to Holmes.

I disagree with option A

He is either on his back or completely lost every play. He delivers an average initial punch and just let's his man go time after time. It is a disaster

I think we rushed Holmes to early into starting action, but yesterday 2 of the sack were on Tony Gonzalez and 1 of the sacks was on an inside stunt. Go back and look at the game

dont even try that. i watched him for most of the game and he would get beat for entire drives down the field. greg hardy handled him everytime he was lined up across from him. it was very bad. either matt got rid of the ball or he got hit by holmes guy

dont even try that. i watched him for most of the game and he would get beat for entire drives down the field. greg hardy handled him everytime he was lined up across from him. it was very bad. either matt got rid of the ball or he got hit by holmes guy

Exactly... That's another point. If #2 didn't know how to get rid of the ball quickly so well this line would have been even worst statistically

yep…Holmes just doesn't seem to have it. and the fact that the offense can NOT even be run in its' full capacity due to Holmes and his OLine mates skews the performance!! they are ACTUALLY WORSE than the numbers show IMO!!!

Agree that is a long version of what I just said

At the beginning of the season I thought that he was out of shape and needed conditioning. Then I realized that he was just lost and getting beat badly on a lot of plays. Almost looked like he was out there chasing butterflies at times. But I can't believe that I am saying this , but I think he may get better next year. Shouldn't part with him just yet still to early.

Exactly... That's another point. If #2 didn't know how to get rid of the ball quickly so well this line would have been even worst statistically

YOU can say that ish about all of our OLIne if Matt didnt get rid of the ball so quickly then majority of our online would ranked even worse statistically because 100% of our oline is bad. EVen Blallock struggled yesterday giving up a sack and pressure up the middle. IMO the online that had the best showing yesterday was Gunn. WE cant blame Holmes because TD and co failed to bring in Vets or talent that was ready to start.

YOU can say that ish about all of our OLIne if Matt didnt get rid of the ball so quickly then majority of our online would ranked even worse statistically because 100% of our oline is bad. EVen Blallock struggled yesterday giving up a sack and pressure up the middle. IMO the online that had the best showing yesterday was Gunn. WE cant blame Holmes because TD and co failed to bring in Vets or talent that was ready to start.

I agree, if we get rid of holmes get rid of reynolds, konz, shaeder (sp?) and blalock as well. Not to mention trueblood. I think you only notice holmes because he's on the outside. Konz and renolds were destroyed this year as well. If you're going to point use all your fingers.

I never said any of them were decent. What I did say was that Holmes was a disaster from day 1.

Baker isn't going anywhere

Blalock is our best linemen but it average

Hawley can be decent at center I think

RG Reynolds/Gunn/Konz all are worthless. The only thing about Konz I like is that he played alright there as a rookie. That's it.

Holmes/Trueblood are worthless

Schraeder I think with a little more experience and some weight room time could be a good swing tackle. I like some things I see out of him. He was been ok considering he shouldn't even be on the roster let alone starting.

We need to sign a free agent RT and draft a RG in the 2nd round

You don't dump 3rd round picks after only two seasons unless they A: have shown absolutely effort and/or potential, or B: they've been charged with manslaughter. Neither applies to Holmes.

You mean we have someone on this message board posting simple logic.

Sorry mono these idiots think firing all coaches and cutting all the players is the right thing to do.

I never said any of them were decent. What I did say was that Holmes was a disaster from day 1.

RG Reynolds/Gunn/Konz all are worthless. The only thing about Konz I like is that he played alright there as a rookie. That's it.

Schraeder I think with a little more experience and some weight room time could be a good swing tackle. I like some things I see out of him. He was been ok considering he shouldn't even be on the roster let alone starting.

Konz is worse than Holmes IMO. I still think that Holmes can be a solid starter at tackle just needs to be coached up and get in shape, but with Konz he is just weak and sorry, and IMO Hardy at no joke, I actually wanted the Falcons to draft him when he came out of Ole Miss, he was just injured alot in his senior/jr season and underperformed his senior year. I think Blalock is below average and I know he is going to be cut next year.

I don't care how much strength and speed the guy puts on, he looks like he completely doesn't care about being beat

You won't get rid of that personality

I know it may seem like I am defending Holmes but I think holmes is probably run of the most take no sheet Oline we have, it is just that he needs time to develop and get in shape. I got faith in him that he will be a starter again at some point in the future, but I am of the opinion that we might need to draft a tackle and a guard in the 1st two rounds

Konz is worse than Holmes IMO. I still think that Holmes can be a solid starter at tackle just needs to be coached up and get in shape, but with Konz he is just weak and sorry, and IMO Hardy at no joke, I actually wanted the Falcons to draft him when he came out of Ole Miss, he was just injured alot in his senior/jr season and underperformed his senior year. I think Blalock is below average and I know he is going to be cut next year.

I wanted Hardy too.

I feel the same way you do but about opposite players.

I think Konz can be decent if he got a lot stronger and coached up. He has at least shown he can be a decent player his rookie year.

Holmes is horrible... Sorry he isn't ever going to be good IMO. I'll never back down from it unless he proves me wrong and I'll be the 1st one to admit it should he ever do that.

Hey Konz,Gunn,Blalock,Baker,Schraeder,and Hawley are all worth keeping they have all showed promise but the rest of them are the ultimate pile of crap!

Archived