Listening To This Interview, I Am Convinced

Flying Falcon

It sounds like Groundhog Dimitroff has seen his shadow and there will be at least one more season of really crappy, inexplicable front office moves.

yay.

I will say, both Smitty and Dimi were more humble and contrite than I expected them to be. The various falcons folks I follow on twitter concluded the same thing, for whatever that is worth.

As long as it translates into the possibility, just the possibility of doing business in a new way, maybe loosening the "Falcon filter" a bit, picking a true tackle or guard and letting them play just their position...no more of this cross-training Boy Scouts crap.

Actions speak louder than words. Let's see if they have learned anything.

no pass rush and no running game for the past two years says you are wrong.

People just can't get over the nice shiny W-L record and evaluate the team without taking its record into account. Regular season wins only serve the purpose of getting you into the playoffs. A 9-7 team who wins 1 or 2 playoff games had a more successful season than a 14-2 team who is one and done. The underlying issues (that have existed for varying lengths of time) with this team have been an inability to run the ball, an inability to stop the run, lack of a consistent pass rush, and difficulty converting 3rd/4th and short. None of them have been fixed since they cropped up. Not a single one.

While conveniently leaving out TD's success.

he has done some great things for atl. Him and Smitty took us from a horrible team to a very good team. Problem is they are having trouble taking us from very good to great. Not many people are able to do that. I dont think the way both of their approach to the game will get us there. Simple as that