Td Just Admitted To Overestimating The Oline

Atlanta_Dawgs46

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone will hate on him about this, but IMO it is refreshing that he manned up and took responsibility. Even more refreshing is that they know it is a problem, so we likely will see new faces. hopefully no less than 3.

I would find a top notch RT, draft two guards in rounds 2-5, let them both be in the battle for both guard spots along with Konz and Gunn. 2 best win, and if we can save some cap sapce and move on from Blalock, no tears by me.

my guess is:

LT - Baker, Holmes

LG - Blaylock, Gunn

OC - Hawley, draft pick

RG - Konz, draft pick

RT - UFA/draft pick, Schraeder

everyone will hate on him about this, but IMO it is refreshing that he manned up and took responsibility. Even more refreshing is that they know it is a problem, so we likely will see new faces. hopefully no less than 3.

Agree. At least there is some degree of accountability there

Yet, a few minutes later, he said that he wasn't going to question how he built that line, wasn't going to change his approach to building the O-Line, and that he thinks there's talent that will continue to develop. That, right there, is the death knell, my friends. He'll admit to overestimating the O-Line because it was blatantly obvious, but if he's not going to change how he did things, which lead to the building of this disaster, then we can forget seeing any marked improvement. He didn't take responsibility for anything. He just begrudgingly stated what was crystal clear.

Edited by bfarmer1980

Yet, a few minutes later, he said that he wasn't going to question how he built that line, wasn't going to change his approach to building the O-Line, and that he thinks there's talent that will continue to develop. That, right there, is the death knell, my friends. He'll admit to overestimating the O-Line because it was blatantly obvious, but if he's not going to change how he did things, which lead to the building of this disaster, then we can forget seeing any marked improvement. He didn't take responsibility for anything. He just begrudgingly stated what was crystal clear.

Ok, I just read this. Now it makes sense. Please disregard my other post.

Then we can count on more of the same.....Drafting "cross-trainable" projects who don't really pan out and going top heavy with skill position players.

Good idea Hair Gel, I mean, it's filling up that trophy case so far.

Listening to this, Smith ( I mean I knew Smith was involved) is involved with what players come here as well; he needs to go. That fact that neither lines have been somewhat decent in his tenure he is more responsible then T.D. . This will not get better no matter who we bring in. He has trouble evaluating and he has trouble coaching.

Yea, but this was obvious. Not really unexpected. I mean, they just gave up 9 sacks in a game and everyone has watched them throughout the season...that was about the only thing he could have said.

I still sense that he believes in his method of building an Oline. That probably means you can forget about any big time FA Center or otherwise and folks will probably be upset to see that we're going to give guys like Holmes, Konz, Schraeder and possibly even Reynolds more chances to get it "right".

Then he didn't really admit to doing anything wrong. This is like a child apologizing for doing something his mother told him not to do, and then proceeding to do it again 10 minutes later.

Man, this is depressing and sounds like the same bullshet press conference after the Giants spanked the Falcons.

"Oh, we're going to evaluate what went wrong and take immediate corrective action."

What a load of crap.