Wtf Is Going On In Flowery Branch

Jaymadd

Let me start out by saying I am not asking for a wholesale firings for the staff, but I need them to get an identity that will help this team. When Smitty and Co first arrived we had a team that was built to run the bull and the goal was a defense that would bend but not break. When we failed bigtime in the playoffs and made the change to Keotter and Nolan the goal seemed to by a highly proficient passing attack and a defense that could create turnovers. It seems that it is alot of confusion because after the 1st group of Coordinators left we cant seem to master our second set of strategies for the offense or defense. The FO doesnt seem to understand that we need some sense of balance. WE need to be able to run the ball and I even wonder if Keotter wants to run the ball. I even wonder do want to stop teams from running over us or sack the quarterback. This year we seems to really confuse what we are trying to do. The FO really dropped the ball this year and missed a real opportunity to build on our performance from 2012 even with the injuries. This is the year they need to understand our weakness that fix that ish. I think that TD has been trying to be too cute with his solutions. I am beginning to doubt we see any personnel changes with our coaching staff but I am hoping that we seem some better talent bought in through FA and the draft and we really stop playing players just because we want to show some type of loyalty instead of looking at every position to see if/how we can upgrade that position.

Just a Day in the Mind of Jaymadd

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one expect business as usual from The Branch. We're only projected to be about 6 or 7 million over the cap which TO will unfailingly use to resign our own players to lofty contracts that they quite frankly didn't earn this season. We need elite players along both lines but that means spending big bucks in free agency which TD is loathe to do. It's incredibly frustrating as a fan because there will more than likely be some very good players available this year specifically along the interiors of both lines.

Wont take to much to turn it around quick. We can win a SB with these coaches just have to fix the trenches and hope the injury bug doesn't get us again.

I agree with the bolded, but I honestly don't think it will be a quick fix. Hopefully it will be, but I just don't see it. Not to sure about winning anything with these coaches either.

I really can't blame koetter for not running the ball behind the "valley girls " we have playing on the oline .

They're the players he wanted. Hill is the O-line coach he wanted. The system that doesn't fit the personnel is what he wanted. So, **** Koetter, fire his sorry *** with his terrible position coaches, and wait and see who becomes available from the top teams to replace him.

I agree. Dimitroff is enamored too much with trying to run this team like the Patriots. Like getting rid of aging veterans (Abraham). Only thing is, Belichek and company seem to have a player or two waiting in the wings. Who in the h&11 did we have to take Abe's place?

We are not the Patriots!!!

He never takes chances on talented players from big schools that might not be so squeaky clean. Case in point, DaRick Rogers from Tennessee. The guy looks and plays similar to Julio and Roddy. Take a flyer on him. You know your QB prefers big targets. The guy went undrafted. Now he's blowing up in Indy. And the guy is from right here in Georgia.

In addition, we must have one of the worst scouting departments in the league.Maponga!! Shan Schillinger? Chris Owens? Reynolds? Holmes? Konz weak @$$? Decoud?Ewing? Are you kidding me? Is he allergic to FSU and SEC players. What we need to do is hire someone from the Cincinnati Bengals to draft. They get it!!

They're the players he wanted. Hill is the O-line coach he wanted. The system that doesn't fit the personnel is what he wanted. So, **** Koetter, fire his sorry *** with his terrible position coaches, and wait and see who becomes available from the top teams to replace him.

I do think that hiring Koetter was probably not the best personnell decision but I also think we could win if he brings more of a balance and we bring in someone to help come up with some schemes to run the ball.

I do think that hiring Koetter was probably not the best personnell decision but I also think we could win if he brings more of a balance and we bring in someone to help come up with some schemes to run the ball.

Koetter was never competent. He was bad in Boise State. He was bad in Arizona State. He was bad in Jacksonville. He is the problem with the offense. He does not know what personnel he wants and he especially doesn't know how to use what players he has correctly.

Koetter was never competent. He was bad in Boise State. He was bad in Arizona State. He was bad in Jacksonville. He is the problem with the offense. He does not know what personnel he wants and he especially doesn't know how to use what players he has correctly.

I even question why did we scrape the no huddle offense that we had sucess with. It seems the FAlcons wanted to be more like the passing teams but failed in finding a OC that could do that.

I even question why did we scrape the no huddle offense that we had sucess with. It seems the FAlcons wanted to be more like the passing teams but failed in finding a OC that could do that.

His hiring was a horrible choice and I made my opinions on that very clear when it happened. They need to bring in someone who will run an offense similar to the Seahawks: Zone blocking scheme, power running strategy, with plenty of leeway for the QB to make presnap reads and audibles.

I agree. Dimitroff is enamored too much with trying to run this team like the Patriots. Like getting rid of aging veterans (Abraham). Only thing is, Belichek and company seem to have a player or two waiting in the wings. Who in the h&11 did we have to take Abe's place?

He never takes chances on talented players from big schools that might not be so squeaky clean. Case in point, DaRick Rogers from Tennessee. The guy looks and plays similar to Julio and Roddy. Take a flyer on him. You know your QB prefers big targets. The guy went undrafted. Now he's blowing up in Indy. And the guy is from right here in Georgia.

In addition, we must have one of the worst scouting departments in the league.Maponga!! Shan Schillinger? Chris Owens? Reynolds? Holmes? Konz weak @$$? Decoud?Ewing? Are you kidding me? Is he allergic to FSU and SEC players. What we need to do is hire someone from the Cincinnati Bengals to draft. They get it!!

I don't think Dimitroff does ANYTHING like the Patriots. The Patriots always trade back and rack up picks. Dimitroff shows a tendency to trade up in drafts and give up more picks.

The Patriots invest heavily in their lines and plug and play with nobody receivers. We definitely do not do either of those things.

Patriots constantly turnover at RB and use the next guy in line. We ride out workhorse RB's

I don't think Dimitroff does ANYTHING like the Patriots. The Patriots always trade back and rack up picks. Dimitroff shows a tendency to trade up in drafts and give up more picks.

The Patriots invest heavily in their lines and plug and play with nobody receivers. We definitely do not do either of those things.

Patriots constantly turnover at RB and use the next guy in line. We ride out workhorse RB's

He tries to model this team as the Patriots South.

Always used to talk about the "Patriot Way"

Regardless, this team needs a shake up. Mike Smith, TD and company have gotten too comfortable.

The Bengals and what have they done in the last decade again under Marvin Lewis again????

Please I bet if you supported another team you could come up with a similar miss ratio with regards to players in the draft and FA.

This is hardly an exacting science this selecting of players and alot of MBers are real experts when hindsight is involved.

The Bengals and what have they done in the last decade again under Marvin Lewis again????

Please I bet if you supported another team you could come up with a similar miss ratio with regards to players in the draft and FA.

This is hardly an exacting science this selecting of players and alot of MBers are real experts when hindsight is involved.

Wtf are you defending Dimitroff. Its evident that he has missed on too many players. The proof is in the pudding.

Go look at the players on the Bengals team and get back at me. Nobody said anything about Lewis and his coaching ability. I'm talking about the evaluation and acquisition of talent buddy.

As much as people want coaching changes around here let's not let the players off the hook. The last sliver of respect I have for TD will evaporate instantly if all he does is resign the same mediocre players and expect the coaches to work god like miracles with them plus another near aging vet or two. We need to come out if free agency with at least two solid to good o-linemen and a stud for the defensive front 7 plus depth. If The Branch continues with business as usual it will show that they learned absolutely nothing from this disastrous season.