I Just Want A Mean, Nasty Defense

1989Fan

I am as sick of the 'soft' label as I am the losses. I want the D to be statistacally good, but beyond that I want them to be known as a tough D. Like BAL, PIT, SF, SEA, etc. No more quick and undersized, gimmicky type of crap. Line up, and whoop asss.

Who on our D would fit in a smashmouth kind of football, and who would have to go?

DL - does anyone fit the mold of a tough defense? Maybe Goodman and bring back Peters? Osi is soft.

LB - I like Bartu, Worrilow and Spoon honestly. I dont think they are all good enough to start in '14, but I like them. Bartu could back up Spoon at WLB. We need to add a bad asss here IMO.

DB - I like the toughness and attitude of Trufant, Alford and Moore. DeCould needs to go though.

So who do we think fits the bill in the draft and UFA as tough, bad asss type of players who wont take any crap?

Call me crazy, but I would be all for bringing in roid boy Browner either for CB or FS.

I think we all would. I am just so tired of seeing teams like the Niners, Seahawks, Carolina, Jets, Chiefs, etc building awesome defenses and we continue to produce something that resembles margarine. I wouldn't even mind seeing an offense that could but fear in opposing defenses. We have neither. As far as Spoon, I am not impressed with him.

I am as sick of the 'soft' label as I am the losses. I want the D to be statistacally good, but beyond that I want them to be known as a tough D. Like BAL, PIT, SF, SEA, etc. No more quick and undersized, gimmicky type of crap. Line up, and whoop asss.

Who on our D would fit in a smashmouth kind of football, and who would have to go?

DL - does anyone fit the mold of a tough defense? Maybe Maponga and bring back Peters? Osi is soft.

LB - I like Bartu, Worrilow and Spoon honestly. I dont think they are all good enough to start in '14, but I like them. Bartu could back up Spoon at WLB. We need to add a bad asss here IMO.

DB - I like the toughness and attitude of Trufant, Alford and Moore. DeCould needs to go though.

So who do we think fits the bill in the draft and UFA as tough, bad asss type of players who wont take any crap?

Call me crazy, but I would be all for bringing in roid boy Browner either for CB or FS.

me too

DL - does anyone fit the mold of a tough defense? Maybe Maponga and bring back Peters? Osi is soft.

In todays NFL you need "supermen" type athletes at so many positions, by supermen type athletes I mean great size and speed, if you have bulky or slower 3-4 LB's for instance then they are gonna get killed by teams like the Saints and their passing game....that also goes for 4-3 LB's too. How many times do you see a LB covering #43 for the Saints ?

Years ago a size and speed LB could dominate like Lawrence Taylor, now it's almost a prerequisite.

I think athletes like the Seahawks have are ideal on defense.

I made a comment during the game yesterday about how Cam Newton would pull down and run on us a lot and yet when you watched the carolina, saints game, he was very hesitant to run..i think part of that is because he knows he will be hit with borderline late hits, cheap shots, etc where here he has no fear from that at all...

You and me both bro. A couple big nasties at DT would make a lot of the holdovers look much better. DeCoud needs to go but he probably won't.

Honestly it would of been nice, bit this regime to the aproaxh of trying to build a nightmare of an O to put terror into defenses, and up until this year it had done a good job but it forgot 2 things a non conservative coach and #1 actually an Offensive LINE. It is hard to build up both side of the team to strike fear all around we just went with the offensive path thinking a D minded coach could make the D acceptable but once again they forgot the Lines