Falcons Keep Nolan (Rumored 2 Year Deal)

Trouble

Meh.

Dead last defense in the south and looks like it will stay that way.

the D got alottttttttttttt Better after we got Spoon Back

Bartu and PW will be much better in yr 2

Tru looks like a solid Corner

Babs and Peters both FAs, Peters Value dropped in week 16 with a torn acl, both will resign pretty cheap I think.... we have to find a Pass Rushing DE. maybe Hardy, maybe Clowney .... with everyone healthy, we are just a Pass Rusher away from being at least Respectable imo

We lost a lot of talent on that side of the ball this season. Grimes is pro bowling with the phins. Abe is doing good. We threw Dunta away and started 2 rookies there. Injuries riddled the D but we found 2 new starting LB`ers.

He worked with what he had and that wasnt much.

the D got alottttttttttttt Better after we got Spoon Back

Bartu and PW will be much better in yr 2

Tru looks like a solid Corner

Babs and Peters both FAs, Peters Value dropped in week 16 with a torn acl, both will resign pretty cheap I think.... we have to find a Pass Rushing DE. maybe Hardy, maybe Clowney .... with everyone healthy, we are just a Pass Rusher away from being at least Respectable imo

20th is about where I see them unless they land a serious pass rush.

The bucs will be better with better coaching.

The saints and panthers have defenses that will be top 5. Their fronts are some of the best in the league.

We lost a lot of talent on that side of the ball this season. Grimes is pro bowling with the phins. Abe is doing good. We threw Dunta away and started 2 rookies there. Injuries riddled the D but we found 2 new starting LB`ers.

The off season will make or break atl.

Both lines need retooling and Decoud needs to be cut.

20th is about where I see them unless they land a serious pass rush.

The bucs will be better with better coaching.

The saints and panthers have defenses that will be top 5. Their fronts are some of the best in the league.

dont think Nolan has ever had a D ranked less than top 12 in back to back yrs....

Panthers are gonna lose Hardy, and that will expose their suspect secondary

Saints D of late has Faltered a bit

Bucs yea they are gonna be good barring Injuries like we have had....

we dont know how it will look come Sept

but I feel good about Nolan....

We'll see about that in 2014. The Falcons fielded the #27 defense this year with the injuries, and the #24 defense in 2012 without the injuries. Neither was that impressive. Nolan arrived in Atlanta and inherited the 2011 #12 defense. Something isn't adding up.

dont think Nolan has ever had a D ranked less than top 12 in back to back yrs....

Bucs yea they are gonna be good barring Injuries like we have had....

we dont know how it will look come Sept

but I feel good about Nolan....

Saints d didn't falter. Saints offense did.

Just think when they get all those injured players back that most said would make the saints worse than 2012 when they happened.

Hardy will be a big loss for car.

I think you'll see some moves in the Def backfield for car.

We'll see about that in 2014. The Falcons fielded the #27 defense this year with the injuries, and the #24 defense in 2012 without the injuries. Neither was that impressive. Nolan arrived in Atlanta and inherited the 2011 #12 defense. Something isn't adding up.

Waoh.

Say it ain't so.

24 and 27, jeez that's worse than Greg Williams led defenses. Lol

Hardy isn't leaving Carolina.

And this regression of the Saints defense you refer to, please explain further. The defense was as steady as could be, remaining in the Top 7 all year, finishing #4.

Saints d didn't falter. Saints offense did.

Just think when they get all those injured players back that most said would make the saints worse than 2012 when they happened.

Hardy will be a big loss for car.

I think you'll see some moves in the Def backfield for car.

they are gonna have to make some moves back there....

its very easy to cover for 2 secs

when that jumps to 6 or 7 secs

they are gonna have big Problems with the QBs and WRs in South and NFC as a whole

Hardy isn't leaving Carolina.

And this regression of the Saints defense you refer to, please explain further. The defense was as steady as could be, remaining in the Top 7 all year, finishing #4.

no way will they be able to keep Hardy

not and resign LK the next yr

and Saints in the first 7 or 8 games

the run D was Beast

the last 6 weeks

teams have found some gaping holes to run thru

thats the way it has looked to me anyway....

and Saints in the first 7 or 8 games

the run D was Beast

the last 6 weeks

teams have found some gaping holes to run thru

thats the way it has looked to me anyway....

Shred, do you actually research this stuff, or just throw it out there?

In the first 10 games of the season, the Saints surrendered 114 yards per game rushing.

In the last 6 games of the season, the Saints surrendered 107 yards per game rushing.

Shred, this needs to be addressed.

Shred, this needs to be addressed.

I'll address it. In 2011 we were a 'ground and pound' team, that controlled the clock and kept the opposing offense on the sideline. The past 2 years, we have turned into a pass heavy offense and our defense has suffefred because of it.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

BTW, I like Nolan here and if Smitty doesn't get us back to the PO nest year, I fully expect Nolan to be our next HC.

Edited by dirtydealin5858

Maybe they can get him some players besides Weatherspoon, and the rookie CBs. They both had their moments this season.

Other than that, you all need help just about everywhere.....and please don't tell us how Keith Brooking Jr. (Worrilow) is going to the HOF!

Maybe they can get him some players besides Weatherspoon, and the rookie CBs. They both had their moments this season.

Other than that, you all need help just about everywhere.....and please don't tell us how Keith Brooking Jr. (Worrilow) is going to the HOF!

Moore and Babs are serviceable, we just need to find a damned pass rush and DeCoud's replacement.

Moore and Babs are serviceable, we just need to find a damned pass rush and DeCoud's replacement.

I forgot about Willie Mo. He is a very good safety, and Babs is serviceable. Clowney COULD be a huge plus for your line, if he doesn't bust, like some are predicting.

I'll address it. In 2011 we were a 'ground and pound' team, that controlled the clock and kept the opposing offense on the sideline. The past 2 years, we have turned into a pass heavy offense and our defense has suffefred because of it.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

No way I'm letting you off with this answer.

The Saints are one of the most pass happy teams in the NFL. Yet under the watch of Rob Ryan, they ranked #4 in Defense in 2013.

For the record, The Falcons threw the ball 659 times and the Saints 651 times in 2013. The Saints ran the ball 391 times and the Falcons 321 times. Saints put the ball in the air 62.5% and the Falcons 67.2% of the time.

Saints Defense was #4, the Falcons #27.

Saints lost to season ending injuries 7 Defensive starters in 2013.

There is more wrong than a change of Offensive attack. I believe the D-line is extremely suspect, the play of the LB, especially MLB, was less than what was expected, and the Safety play declined. The Falcons also have no depth on Defense, so when the starters went down, so did the Defense.

No way I'm letting you off with this answer.

The Saints are one of the most pass happy teams in the NFL. Yet under the watch of Rob Ryan, they ranked #4 in Defense in 2013.

For the record, The Falcons threw the ball 659 times and the Saints 651 times in 2013. The Saints ran the ball 391 times and the Falcons 321 times. Saints put the ball in the air 62.5% and the Falcons 67.2% of the time.

Saints Defense was #4, the Falcons #27.

Saints lost to season ending injuries 7 Defensive starters in 2013.

There is more wrong than a change of Offensive attack. I believe the D-line is extremely suspect, the play of the LB, especially MLB, was less than what was expected, and the Safety play declined. The Falcons also have no depth on Defense, so when the starters went down, so did the Defense.

6 rookies starting on defense didn't help either. Like i wrote earlier, the lack of talent on defense did us in. Not Nolan's scheme

6 rookies starting on defense didn't help either. Like i wrote earlier, the lack of talent on defense did us in. Not Nolan's scheme

Those 6 rookies didn't start the majority of the season, so let's not place the blame on them. I agree with the lack of talent being the primary issue.

But why is it Nolan's scheme was ineffective in 2012, dropping so many positions after 2011?