Coach Smith What Do You Think About The Execution Of Your Team?

Question: Coach Smith What Do You Think About The Execution Of Your Team?

Smitty : "I'm All For It"

What a difference a year makes. I mean the coaching was questionable but the execution was flat out turrible! Let's just compare the drop off from 2012 to 2013:

QB pressures allowed (sacks, hits, hurries) - 192

Dropped passes - 28

Turnovers - 18

Takeaways - 31

QB pressures allowed (sacks, hits, hurries) - 292

Dropped passes - 41

Turnovers - 28

Takeaways - 21

Obviously the most glaring drop off was the shoddy pass protection, but the turnovers and drops skyrocketed while the takeaways plummeted. What do you guys think about the execution of the 2013 team?

What boggles me is that we had a big drop off in 2013 compared from 2012, even tons of injuries and still looked like the same team. Only difference is that we won more games last year. Even when we were healthy and went 13-3 last year with Julio, we were still blowing leads, having tons of 3 and outs, looked anemic in the 3rd quarter and games usually came down to the last play or drive. I don't understand. It has basically been the same way for the past 5 years, only we were winning more.

What boggles me is that we had a big drop off in 2013 compared from 2012, even tons of injuries and still looked like the same team. Only difference is that we won more games last year. Even when we where healthy and went 13-3 last year with Julio, we were still blowing leads, having tons of 3 and outs, looked anemic in the 3rd quarter and games usually came down to the last play or drive. I don't understand. It has basically been the same way for the past 5 years only we were winning more.

Smitty. Will always be that way until Smitty leaves or changes his approach.

What boggles me is that we had a big drop off in 2013 compared from 2012, even tons of injuries and still looked like the same team. Only difference is that we won more games last year. Even when we where healthy and went 13-3 last year with Julio, we were still blowing leads, having tons of 3 and outs, looked anemic in the 3rd quarter and games usually came down to the last play or drive. I don't understand. It has basically been the same way for the past 5 years only we were winning more.

I think the difference is in previous seasons we won the close games. This year we didn't.

@NO - 23-17

@MIA - 27-23

NE - 30-23

NYJ - 30-28

NO - 17-13

@GB - 22-21

@SF - 34-24

CAR - 21-20

Eight losses by a combined 35 points. In the past we won many of those games. With a little better execution (fewer dropped TDs, pick sixes, whiff blocks, dropped picks, etc.) we could be playing next week.

Question: Coach Smith What Do You Think About The Execution Of Your Team?

Smitty : "I'm All For It"

What a difference a year makes. I mean the coaching was questionable but the execution was flat out turrible! Let's just compare the drop off from 2012 to 2013:

QB pressures allowed (sacks, hits, hurries) - 192

Dropped passes - 28

Turnovers - 18

Takeaways - 31

QB pressures allowed (sacks, hits, hurries) - 292

Dropped passes - 41

Turnovers - 28

Takeaways - 21

Obviously the most glaring drop off was the shoddy pass protection, but the turnovers and drops skyrocketed while the takeaways plummeted. What do you guys think about the execution of the 2013 team?

somewhere, John McKay just rolled over in his grave.

Here is another (semi) quote from McKay:

"We can't block, we can't tackle, we can't catch and we can't run. Other than that, we're in good shape."

Really its pretty simple. Almost all of the pre-TD players, almost all our good FA signings, are gone. They were some of the vets that held the team together in previous years.

This year Roddy was hurt. Babs ineffective as far as run stopping goes. Nicholas sat. Snelling did make the most of his limited opportunities. But obviously none of that was enough.

And Samuel just got -old-. He fell off a cliff.

Edited by egoprime II

Is MR only supposed to take sacks and not throw the ball away...incomplete pass is better than sacks.

MR played his worse when the Falcons were still in contention...fact.

the guy isn't very mobile, but don't act like he avoided another 5 more sacks in yesterday's game with quick throws where he got hit.

Either way it STARTS with GM then HC. Ryan only has control over 1/4 of the team and that is the Pass offense. Not the defense, special teams or running game. Even that 1/4th requires some sort of blocking from the oline.

it starts with Smitty and TD as they control the WHOLE team.

Here is another (semi) quote from McKay:

"We can't block, we can't tackle, we can't catch and we can't run. Other than that, we're in good shape."

McKay was very entertaining. Can you imagine Smitty making these types of quotes in his pressers? Nebba hoppen. Sometimes the players need to be thrown under a Greyhound. Glanville was good at it too.

the guy isn't very mobile, but don't act like he avoided another 5 more sacks in yesterday's game with quick throws where he got hit.

Either way it STARTS with GM then HC. Ryan only has control over 1/4 of the team and that is the Pass offense. Not the defense, special teams or running game. Even that 1/4th requires some sort of blocking from the oline.

it starts with Smitty and TD as they control the WHOLE team.

MR td/T/o ratio is not on the O-line. I agree he is not mobile and expect him to throw the ball away rather than take a sack...which he did too

much this season. Yet, you think MS is constipated.