Well How Do You Feel About The Birds This Morning?

Nono

I have mixed feelings. Part of me says keep the same staff drop a couple of coaches, cut a few players, draft smart and we are back in it. And, another part of me says what I saw yesterday was little league football and how can high paid coaches who's only job is to draft and develop players, how could they have been so wrong this year. Am I to put faith in them getting it figured out and what kind of BS will they tell or not tell us in the off season.

I don't know what to think---all I know is I need a break from this miserable season and don't want to hear about contract extensions. What should happen is Arthur riding the halls of Flowery Branch on horseback firing people making everyone scared and butt tight.

Working for ther Falcons is like working for the post office or being a teacher---you can't get fired not matter how bad you fuk up.

Edited by Nono

I thought that yesterday's outcome was just what the organization needed. The team fought hard, but came up just short due to the inability to protect our passer and attack theirs. That is the only message that matters going into the off season.

I feel good about the fact that the needs are clear. I feel good about the fact that the staff really doesn't have a lot of question marks about the players currently on the roster. Everyone got to play in competitive games against opponents with incentive to win down the stretch.

It really should be crystal clear were we are at. In essense, we just played our 2014 preseason, and now get o go into the draft a free agency clearly understanding where we failed last year, and what we currently have on the roster.

I think getting live fire opportunities to evaluate the bottom of your depth chart is a great advantage going into the off season. If we mess up player evaluation/selection, the burden is clearly on TD in my mind. This is his make or break moment.

i feel that we are a few good FA signings, a few good draft picks, and a few getting players healthy again to being contenders again.

This isn't bashing you. It's just the most recent post stating the same thing. But, it sounds like we've heard this from a few sources and the organization the past 3-4 years. It gets old hearing we are always just a few good FA signings away.

I think a lot of it has to do with the current coaching staff, from the HC to the line coaches to strength and conditioning. It wasn't very long ago we had the most pro bowl players than any other team. No real excuse that we've only won one playoff game in this current staff's tenure.

Even though I feel that some changes should be made... I would hate to fire the oline coach and keep the same players that stunk it up this season for a new coach to try and fix.

But honestly, somebody needs to show these players where the weight room is...

Even though I feel that some changes should be made... I would hate to fire the oline coach and keep the same players that stunk it up this season for a new coach to try and fix.

But honestly, somebody needs to show these players where the weight room is...

something has to be done, unless you like watching what happened yesterday replay itself next year, yeah who is more to blame ? the players ,the coaches, the GM, how bout all their sorry assets

Mixed feelings.

They are a team mired in mediocrity.............from top to bottom.

O-line, a complete train wreck.............which sets the table for 90% of their woes on offense.

ZERO pass rush on defense which is BRUTTALY unfair to the secondary.

TWO serious problems.............O-line & zero pass rush.

I thought that yesterday's outcome was just what the organization needed. The team fought hard, but came up just short due to the inability to protect our passer and attack theirs. That is the only message that matters going into the off season.

This is the most concise statement of what has plagued this team for at least the last 3 years I've seen in a while. The ONLY thing that irritates me about the coaching staff is we were promised when Smith came along that we would build up the middle, and we've done pretty much the opposite of that. We need offensive guards and defensive tackles, and a lot of them. Big, mean, nasty types who can move the other team off the ball on both sides of the ball. We probably need at least 1 additional offensive tackle and at least 1 additional pass rusher, but IMHO, the middle of the field is where we lose football games.

Add in a good, solid tackling machine at LB while we're at it. I'm tired of watching the other team run right through the middle of our defense like a plate of hot Indian food.

i feel that we are a few good FA signings, a few good draft picks, and a few getting players healthy again to being contenders again.

thats kind of what i hope. sign a couple fa for both lines, get a couple high picks that can hopefully contribute immediately and we should be back on the plus side of wins next year.