Is There "momentum" Now That The Falcons Have 2 Game Losing Streak?

Objective Critic

So the Falcons won a couple of useless games to take them out of the Clowney race, and yet still have a losing streak to which those who so wanting the Falcons to just "win no matter what", can sit back and look at the "momentum" the Falcons will carry over to next season. Gonzo doesn't even get to go out with a win.

Personally, I think this momentum idea is total BS, but there are those who do believe it is real.

So now all Falcons fans have to sit through a terrible season and the homers or realists, tankers or non-tankers have nothing, football wise, to be happy about.

Isn't that just great. The Falcons win and lose is such a fashion that the entire fan base does not get what they want.

We still can look forward to the off-season so both sides once again will be most likely equally disappointed. Seasons Beatings everyone biggrin.png

Edited by Objective Critic

So the Falcons won a couple of useless games to take them out of the Clowney race, and yet still have a losing streak to which those who so wanting the Falcons to just "win no matter what", can sit back and look at the "momentum" the Falcons will carry over to next season. Gonzo doesn't even get to go out with a win.

Personally, I think this momentum idea is total BS, but there are those who do believe it is real.

So now all Falcons fans have to sit through a terrible season and the homers or realists, tankers or non-tankers have nothing, football wise, to be happy about.

Isn't that just great. The Falcons win and lose is such a fashion that the entire fan base does not get what they want.

We still can look forward to the off-season so both sides once again will be most likely equally disappointed. Seasons Beatings everyone biggrin.png

Not very Objective, Mr. Critic. dry.png

I lost my first race by 2 seconds but at each meet I got a slightly better time and still lost but by less time by the end of the year I was losing by 1/2 second

Was that momentum? no

Next year I ran my best time and won was that momentum? no

the guy that always beat me graduated

ACTUALLY Momentum is the product of multiplying Mass times Velocity

All this talk of Clowney makes me think of the '08 draft when everyone was sure Glenn Dorsey was it--I am not so sure Clowney is everything we think or write and what Atlanta needs is so obvious. Ask Matt, some protection!

All this talk of Clowney makes me think of the '08 draft when everyone was sure Glenn Dorsey was it--I am not so sure Clowney is everything we think or write and what Atlanta needs is so obvious. Ask Matt, some protection!

Not going to matter. TD seems unable to draft offensive linemen, so even if he attempts to address it, Ryan will still be running for his life. So at best the Falcons can start scoring again, but the defense won't be able to stop anyone.

True, but it's at least something to talk about speculate on! smile.png

Not my best choice of words...

Draft discussion is good. Complaining about what may or may not happen in the draft before free agency has even started isn't.

I mean, we could grab Greg Hardy in FA and that would make u for us missing out on clowney.

Why are people sooo short sighted?

It was never about Clowney...

It was about having a pick in the top 2 of EVERY ROUND. We would have had soooo many options.

Now we have to wait to see what the teams in front of us do.

I said it at the time and I will say it again.... In 3 weeks no one is going to give a **** about the wins against the Bills and Redskins.

Why dont we just hold back on the judgment until we see who we pick up in FA.

Speculation is pointless right now.

Nah. TD has shown a template for draft picks that we can see. He picks guys who fit the Falcons filter: team captains, guys who usually play in the SEC, no off field issues and high motors - not to mention injury prone and not exactly the most athletic. Julio met the filter and had athleticism, but TD was willing to over pay to get him. Also TD has a propensity of reaching for players projected for the lower rounds and picking them high.

As for FA, TD is all over the place and for the most part has been ok. He made some decent pick ups like Osi and Asante.

That being said, you build your team through the draft, which is not TD's forte.

Why are people sooo short sighted?

It was never about Clowney...

It was about having a pick in the top 2 of EVERY ROUND. We would have had soooo many options.

Now we have to wait to see what the teams in front of us do.

I said it at the time and I will say it again.... In 3 weeks no one is going to give a **** about the wins against the Bills and Redskins.

For me it was more about leveraging trade opportunities for the best available QBs.

I dont think those 4 spots will kill us in the 2nd round.....that's not much of a big deal. But there's a possibility that the Top 5 goes in a way that leaves us with out access to a guy that we really want.

I would take an athletic / playmaking Rookie D-lineman over a good Rookie O-lineman. We just gave Ryan a lot of money so he needs to be protected by a proven FA whoever that is.

For me it was more about leveraging trade opportunities for the best available QBs.

I dont think those 4 spots will kill us in the 2nd round.....that's not much of a big deal. But there's a possibility that the Top 5 goes in a way that leaves us with out access to a guy that we really want.

True but there's a possibility it might not. We might be able to find a JJ Watt or it might be like 07 where the difference was Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Anderson...

It's all a guessing game but the only thing tangible at this point are the value of the picks and the higher the pick the more valuable... but years from now we'll be able to tell our kids we beat the Redskins...