I Would Love For The Stars To Line Up Just The Right Way, For The Saints And Panthers To Meet Up In The Nfccg.

Big Bubba

You know, I'd really prefer that not happen. The Saints are just behind the Seahawks on the list of teams that I don't want to play. When you play a team three times in a year, funky stuff starts happening.

For that to happen, the Saints would've had to knock off the Seahawks. Since you list that team as the #1 team you don't want to play, wouldn't you, therefore, want to face your #2 option?

The Saints are dangerous. If they make it to the NFCCG and it's against the Panthers, I'd say the Saints would win that rematch in a close one. I say that because I think Payton would be better at making the necessary adjustments than Ron. And divisional matches are always hotly contested.

But obviously the Saints' road woes have to be acknowledged. It would be epic and I'd sign up for that right now.

Edited by SaintsFanInLA

so who here thinks, Saints can go get Pummeled with snowballs in Philly and then go beat Hawks in Sea ?????????

come on

lets see a show of hands.....

lol

I'd rather do a show of hands at who thought the Falcons were SB material this past year.

At least the Saints are in the playoffs and every team in the playoffs has a shot right now.

Don't worry about us Ray Bob we are history this season. Why don't you worry about the saints trying to get their first ever playoff win on the road!...WFWIJS'Jcool.png

I would think u would remember this but saints fans haven't worried about atl since 2006. 13-3 remember.

Pox calls the Georgia dome the BOA south but truthfully, it's the Superdome of the east.

I would think u would remember this but saints fans haven't worried about atl since 2006. 13-3 remember.

Pox calls the Georgia dome the BOA south but truthfully, it's the Superdome of the east.

I don't care what any Atlanta fan says. They are a bandwagon town and are easily taken over by other teams fans.

I saw it for myself. I have always been a Braves fan since Dale Murphy. And it disgusted me when The Cubs came down and took over Turner Field. 14 Division championship and the Cubs were able to turn Turner Field to Wrigley South? ?? Really??? I was surrounded by Cubs fans. From the field to the Varsity.

Edited by Rewind

Yeah, I remember Shred early on in the season was saying something like the Panthers defense was overrated, really wasn't all that good, had inflated stats and would be exposed. It wasn't long after that he exiled himself to his weekly picks threads for the rest of the season.

Lol, that along with your extreme homerism the entire off season I'm sure we all put a lot of stock in your predictions dude. rolleyes.gif

Shred's preseason predictions are irrelevant here, they don't shift NO-SEA into a match up that favors New Orleans.

This has a low chance of happening, because NO has to win in SEA to get there. CAR may beat SF or GB, but I doubt NO is beating SEA. Plus, do you really want NO to be the type of team that can win in Seattle?

Facing a team, especially a team good enough to make the playoffs 3 times is when funky stuff starts happening, as has been said. When teams face each other enough, they start to find more ways to get an edge, favorable match ups by knowing their opponent more and there's no telling what your gonna get.

The rivalry playing out in the biggest game it could happen in(since it can't be the SB)sounds like such a great narrative, but I doubt it's the best thing for the Panthers. They took care of NO in week 16, the best thing for them is to never see NO again.

Shred's preseason predictions are irrelevant here, they don't shift NO-SEA into a match up that favors New Orleans.

This has a low chance of happening, because NO has to win in SEA to get there. CAR may beat SF or GB, but I doubt NO is beating SEA. Plus, do you really want NO to be the type of team that can win in Seattle?

Facing a team, especially a team good enough to make the playoffs 3 times is when funky stuff starts happening, as has been said. When teams face each other enough, they start to find more ways to get an edge, favorable match ups by knowing their opponent more and there's no telling what your gonna get.

The rivalry playing out in the biggest game it could happen in(since it can't be the SB)sounds like such a great narrative, but I doubt it's the best thing for the Panthers. They took care of NO in week 16, the best thing for them is to never see NO again.

Oookay? And wouldn't that exact same thing hold true for the Panthers as well? HeII, if anything it might even favor us more this time since around since we'll have Steve Smith back and I seriously doubt Kenny Vaccarro is making a comeback from a broken ankle in that short amount of time. I wouldn't bet on Cam having an off game against the same team 3 times in one year as well...

Either way I'd rather play the Saints in Charlotte than the Seahawks in Seattle. I don't even see how anyone could argue otherwise on that one.

And the Shred thing was more of a response to this...

Panthers wont beat Niners or Packers

their only hope is to draw Philly

and Saints May beat Eagles, But they will be Crushed in Sea

... rather than his slim chance comment. Because we all know Shred is such a football prophet. :lol: