Don't Fret --- Things Could Be A Lot Worse

JG2008

Don't Fret --- things could be a lot worse

We could have easily won 3 more games and been middle of the road 7-9 , missed the playoffs and be picking like 14th or 15th in each round and be in an unlikely position in the draft to rapidly turn this around --- but we now are picking 6th in each round and we actually are going to have decent cap space available as well for FA

Even though I think TD has done a horrible job with drafting lineman - I actually think that the cold slap in the face that this franchise got this year makes this a do or die draft and FA for TD and I think that with the high draft picks we have in each round along with the decent space available for FA that TD is going to turn it around in this draft and FA because if he doesn't and we have another bad year next year with the same glaring problems unfixed he knows he and MSmith will be done. Luckily for TD he has high draft picks to and cap space make his job easier which also means there is ----No Excuse --- for not getting the job done

Edited by JG2008

Don't Fret --- things could be a lot worse

We could have easily won 3 more games and been middle of the road 7-9 , missed the playoffs and be picking like 14th or 15th in each round and be in an unlikely position in the draft to rapidly turn this around --- but we now are picking 6th in each round and we actually are going to have decent cap space available as well for FA

Even though I think TD has done a horrible job with drafting lineman - I actually think that the cold slap in the face that this franchise got this year makes this a do or die draft and FA for TD and I think that with the high draft picks we have in each round along with the decent space available for FA that TD is going to turn it around in this draft and FA because if he doesn't and we have another bad year next year with the same glaring problems unfixed he knows he and MSmith will be done. Luckily for TD he has high draft picks to and cap space make his job easier which also means there is ----No Excuse --- for not getting the job done

True story. Even Elmer Fudd couldn't screw this opportunity up.

Mike Smith, Dirk Koetter, Pat Hill, Ray Hamilton and whoever the S&C coach is are all still here. No faith that the Falcons can turn it around with those coaches still in place.

Mike Smith gave us back to back to back winning seasons.. Go sit down somewhere.

Mike Smith gave us back to back to back winning seasons.. Go sit down somewhere.

Mike Smith did a good job of taking the Falcons from a train wreck to a relevant team but Mike Smith can't win in the playoffs. He's this era's Marty Schottenheimer. Good regular season coach, terrible postseason coach. When are you people going see the truth about who he is?

Mike Smith did a good job of taking the Falcons from a train wreck to a relevant team but Mike Smith can't win in the playoffs. He's this era's Marty Schottenheimer. Good regular season coach, terrible postseason coach. When are you people going see the truth about who he is?

We have been having playoffs problems for a very long time now.

Edited by Skareffect

Mike smith is a great coach. Im just not sure he can get this team, as its constructed, to the promised land. Belichick might. But Im not sure mike is that guy. Again, i like him and think he is a good coach. But he's no Leonidas.

He's this era's Marty Schottenheimer. Schottenheimer had a history for taking losing franchises (Browns, Chiefs, Chargers) and turning them into good stable franchises but not being able to get them to the promised land. Never even got to a Super Bowl.