The Game Is Over. The Season Is Over. Let's Talk About Gonzalez, Tiololo, And Da Future!

Supes™

You can't replace a Tony Gonzalez. Probably the best TE to in NFL history and an amazing human being. But we know that already. Thank you Tony, and goodbye. You're a man amongst men and we salute you, sir. Your shoes are impossible to fill, but it's time for you to turn the page and the same applies to the Falcons. It's time to move on, but we'll never forget your time in Atlanta! THANK YOU!!!

Levine Tiololo may never become a Gonzo, but he may well end up being our surprise draft pick from 2013 and even beyond. He's unproven, but me thinks he has tremendous potential. He presents automatic match-up problems with his height for any D, and rumor has it he's a damm fine athlete with good blocking skills and soft hands. Tight ends are so important in the modern NFL, and I hope Levine studied the GOAT carefully this season and absorbed as much as he could.

What do you fellas think?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Levine Tiololo may never become a Gonzo, but he may well end up being our surprise draft pick from 2013 and even beyond. He's unproven, but me thinks he has tremendous potential. He presents automatic match-up problems with his height for any D, and rumor has it he's a damm fine athlete with good blocking skills and soft hands. Tight ends are so important in the modern NFL, and I hope Levine studied the GOAT carefully this season and absorbed as much as he could.

He seems much stiffer than gonzo due to his height

Edited by FALCONSFAN1492

An elite TE is not needed for a high powered offence. Find a tweener pass catcher in the draft... the Martellus Bennet type. Then blockers at TE elsewhere.

I didn't say that Tiololo had to be elite. He just has to be solid. "Elite" is an often over-used term in here anyway.

I didn't say that Tiololo had to be elite. He just has to be solid. "Elite" is an often over-used term in here anyway.

Agreed. I wasn't saying you said that, I was essentially agreeing with you. Toilolo will be fine, just want the team to add a pure pass catching TE (that doesn't necessarily block well) in addition to him.

i liked Chase Coffman in preseason, some of the plays he made and the way he caught the ball reminded me a lot of Tony Gonzales, not sure why he never got used in the regular season, if there was maybe an injury or something? but i think we will be fine at TE. Justin Peele was a good TE for us and thats all we can really as for is another Justin Peele.

i liked Chase Coffman in preseason, some of the plays he made and the way he caught the ball reminded me a lot of Tony Gonzales, not sure why he never got used in the regular season, if there was maybe an injury or something? but i think we will be fine at TE. Justin Peele was a good TE for us and thats all we can really as for is another Justin Peele.

He was injured for the majority of the season.

Watching Levine I don't see him no more then a red zone threat. Which is fine but he's doesn't have speed to be a big threat every down

Tony G wasn't fast either but he used his body and strength to get open.

Wait didn't Tony Gonzalez have it rough his first couple of seasons? What round was Shannon Sharpe drafted in?

Lets give Toilolo a chance before we say he'll never be good.

Besides with Mike Smith as coach he'll never get playing time anyway, look at our no name 4th string running back.

Yeah I was wondering what the answer would be after TG left but Levine doesn't have the speed IMO to be a hybrid TE but in the redzone up top he could be good. I think we need to get someone that is more of a big receiver/PF type TE. Honestly I don't care about your blocking, we need receiving threats everywhere.

If they don't fix the oline I think we should run a lot more 2 TE sets. If that is the case we need to pickup a vet TE to go with LT and Coffman. I can't figure out why Coffman hasn't gotten more action, he must really suck at blocking. I do know he was hurt at some point too but he wasn't seeing the field when he was healthy

If they don't fix the oline I think we should run a lot more 2 TE sets. If that is the case we need to pickup a vet TE to go with LT and Coffman. I can't figure out why Coffman hasn't gotten more action, he must really suck at blocking. I do know he was hurt at some point too but he wasn't seeing the field when he was healthy

brah i'm totally with you on Coffman!!! the cat can flat out catch!! maybe with TG retiring he gets another shot with Tiololo bein' more of the blocking TE...where both are utilized. but to see his pass catchin' ability sit on the sidelines is a waste IMO...

You can't replace a Tony Gonzalez. Probably the best TE to in NFL history and an amazing human being. But we know that already. Thank you Tony, and goodbye. You're a man amongst men and we salute you, sir. Your shoes are impossible to fill, but it's time for you to turn the page and the same applies to the Falcons. It's time to move on, but we'll never forget your time in Atlanta! THANK YOU!!!

Are you on drugs? Levine is weak as **** and his run blocking is pathetic especially in goal line situations.