How Sad Is It That The 07' Falcons Put Up 4 Wins

swiffcheese

lead by 3 below average QBs in Harrington , Redman, Leftwich. Had a QB get indicted and basically coach planning his exit route was able to scrap together 4 wins in a season

but the 13' Falcons with

Top 10 QB Matt Ryan

Greatest TE to ever play in Tony G

Nolan as DC

Smith as coach

talent like Osi, Moore, SJax

put 4 wins on the board

6 years later we are no closer to a championship then we were during 04'

lead by 3 below average QBs in Harrington , Redman, Leftwich. Had a QB get indicted and basically coach planning his exit route was able to scrap together 4 wins in a season

but the 13' Falcons with

Top 10 QB Matt Ryan

Nolan as DC

Smith as coach

put 4 wins on the board

don't forget to mention the worst o line and d line in the league.

Nolan had nothing to work with

Coach Smith I question if he is a plus

osi, moore, sjax are all average at best for their respective positions.

not sure what the point is.

but the 13' Falcons with

Top 10 QB Matt Ryan

Nolan as DC

Smith as coach

put 4 wins on the board

I don't see your point.

This team is led by a below average qb as well.

Mike Smith and Matt Ryan rebuilt that team around them in 2008 and we went 11-5 when we were expected to get 6-7 wins in 2008. we made the playoffs in 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2012. We had home field advantage twice in that span. We entered 2013 with high expectations and we ended up with a 4-12 record, we lost a lot of star players to injury, our offensive line is probably the worst in the league and we lost 7 out of 12 games by less than a touchdown, a lot of games by only one point and some of the games we lost that looked like blow outs on the score board we hung in all the way to the 4th qtr. if we can rebuild the 2007 team into what we had from 2008-2012 then im confident we can build this team back into a contender this offseason

You homers are delusional. Do you realize how many team fans think they have the worst oline ever in the whole wide world?

Where are you finding that I'm a homer. I didn't say Matt doesn't have his faults at all. All I said was this year's line was worse than the 2007 line. Maybe after you go back and get your GED, the reading comprehension will rise.

Where are you finding that I'm a homer. I didn't say Matt doesn't have his faults at all. All I said was this year's line was worse than the 2007 line. Maybe after you go back and get your GED, the reading comprehension will rise.

Matt who? Lol @ rising reading comprehension. Only a homer could conclude that our 07 line was drastically better than this years. Edited by Matty Melts

We had McClure, Blaylock and Clabo. Please list the other two starters on the OL this year that were better than McClure and Clabo were in 2007? I'm waiting.....

as a unit, neither were good at all. Was 07s better? Maybe. But its debatable. Not much difference in the quality of play no matter how bad you want it to be true. Throwing around names doesn't make your case for you.

Swift you are a troll. We all know this. You know it. You love it. It is what it is.

However, I won't say that this needs to be considered when evaluating Smith and TD next season. It's been said before but this season was a DISASTER! Yes, injuries factored in but that's still not enough of an excuse for this team finishing with 4 wins. They were (record wise) just as bad as the Petrino team and worse than the '03 team or any team under Mora. That should be considered.

I'm glad that after that stretch from the Cardinals to the Bucs that this team started to show some fight again but Blank has shortened that leash I'm sure. A season like 2011 next year will likely get Smith fired in 2014.

Guest Cally307a

2013 atlanta jaguars

superbowl or bust

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bust

we got back to what smitty is most comfortable with Jaguar smittyball koetter ballbr

time to bring back mularkey now that he knows how to coach jacksonville falcon football and our dreams of being jacksonville will be complete

On offense I would match up any player from 07 except QB (maybe TE) with this years team

Oji/Dahl vs Baker/Holmes

Blalock vs Blalock

McClure vs Hawley/Konz

Fornery vs Reynolds/Konz

Weiner/Clabo vs Schraeder/Trueblood

Dunn/Snelling vs SJaz/Snelling

White/Vs White

Jenkins vs Douglas

Ovie vs Dimarco

old Crumpler vs old Gonzalez

On Defense the 07 team had better players than this years team position by position

as a unit, neither were good at all. Was 07s better? Maybe. But its debatable. Not much difference in the quality of play no matter how bad you want it to be true. Throwing around names doesn't make your case for you.

It wasn't throwing around names, it was stating a fact. I see you don't have a real argument so on to a different topic. Unlike trolls like you, I don't want poor quality of play ever. Have a great day.