Matt Ryan Survived 2013

Falcons_Frenzy

This is the highlight of our season sadly. I have to give Matt Ryan a lot of credit for being the resilient, hard working, professional that he is. He showed a lot of poise, toughness, and never pointed the finger at anyone for this abysmal season. If anything Matt showed me more this year than any other year. Yeah he may not of impressed statistically. When you consider the deficiencies at OL, defense, special teams, coaching, rushing, and injuries it's safe to say Matt Ryan is the undisputed leader and best player on this team like it or not.

It really is kind of amazing that he didn't get hurt. On top of the 40something sacks, he probably got hit 200 times. And Ryan isn't a big guy. The fact that our FO signed him to a $100M contract and proceeded to field an OL that horrible is reason enough to clean house IMO.

We are extremely lucky that Ryan made it through the year without puling a Thiesman/Silva. Geez, that dude is as tough as they come. To be hit as much as he was this year, and to finish, is a testament to how good we have it with Ryan.

BTW, Holmes has got to go.

Good post. The haters will be here shortly they are busy in other threads now. Ryan is the rock of the team and will be for at least 6-7 more years. smile.png

I

We are extremely lucky that Ryan made it through the year without puling a Thiesman/Silva. Geez, that dude is as tough as they come. To be hit as much as he was this year, and to finish, is a testament to how good we have it with Ryan.

BTW, Holmes has got to go.

I agree, dude took his lickings and kept on ticking. I wouldn't release Holmes yet. I think he has potential but we should groom him on our bench.

No one should question Ryan's toughness after this year. Some will, but they're wrong.

If they question how tough he is, they don't understand pain. Even in other years, he has proven his tolerance for uncomfortable situations. When Suh twisted his head around, and it seemed that he demolished his knee/ankle, he missed one play. That dude is a breast...

I know that a TON of football injuries go undisclosed... and I've just gotta think there's something sprained at the very least by now. Every player gets bumps and bruises but something has gotta be wrong in there from all of these hits. If not, I'm convinced he's T-1000 from Terminator 2.

Ryan should march into TD's office and demand a better OL for next season.

Valid point. He needs protection. He was pretty good this year, despite the Oline sucking donkey genitals. It was a down year for him, but imagine if we get everything working. A decent OL, healthy WRs, a TE younger than 47, a defense that can stop Trent Green... We would be unstoppable.

This is the highlight of our season sadly. I have to give Matt Ryan a lot of credit for being the resilient, hard working, professional that he is. He showed a lot of poise, toughness, and never pointed the finger at anyone for this abysmal season. If anything Matt showed me more this year than any other year. Yeah he may not of impressed statistically. When you consider the deficiencies at OL, defense, special teams, coaching, rushing, and injuries it's safe to say Matt Ryan is the undisputed leader and best player on this team like it or not.

You get it. It was a bad season. But if we learned one thing, it's that Ryan is the best guy to have behind center...