The All Ex-Falcon Offensive Line

TheEvilDead1983

I complied a list of the offensive linemen that used to play for the falcons and we let go, We could assemble a decent line with everyone we let go. Definitely better than who we currently have

LT- Tyson Clabo (Miami): He is a natural RT, and definitely the weak point on this hypothetical offensive line, but is he really worst than what we have now?

LG- Roberto Garza (Chicago): This guy has been starting for the Bears for what seems like forever. I'm not sure how good he is, but the bears can at least move the ball and protect the passer.

C- Todd McClure (retired): McClure was willing to come back, the Falcons said no. Big mistake.

RG- Harvey Dahl (St. Louis): A mauler and a beast of a player. Opposing defensive linemen were affraid to play against this guy.

RT- Will Svitek (New England): Why did we let this guy go? He would have been so cheap to keep around, and way better than Trublood or whoever is currently starting. It's hard to keep track because they switch starters every game.

Now, this may not be a great O line, and LT is an obvious weakness unless if someone else can think of a LT that we stupidly let go. But the point is, the people we let go are better than the people we keep! Horrible job by our front office.

Every time someone comes up with new stats or facts...I just become more and more disgusted with this franchise. I mean they make it REALLY hard to be die hard, just stupid decision after stupid decision, god.

That's no pro bowl list but I would take them in a heart beat

Edited by TheeTKOBeatz

Every time someone comes up with new stats or facts...I just become more and more disgusted with this franchise. I mean they make it REALLY hard to be die hard, just stupid decision after stupid decision, god.

That's no pro bowl list but I would take them in a heart beat

This is well said. This is definitely not a dominant NFL offensive line, but It is WAY better than the one we have now. I think TD is responsible for letting every one of these guys leave except for Garza.

That is sad because Svitek was a decent player! Trueblood is one of the worst right tackles in the league.

Yup….and you can't say it was another Vance Walker situation. Svitek was still a backup in NE. Just a foolish waste of a potential decent tackle spot. All for 600 grand….

Yup….and you can't say it was another Vance Walker situation. Svitek was still a backup in NE. Just a foolish waste of a potential decent tackle spot. All for 600 grand….

I know he was starting for at least a little while. I was watching a Patriots game and saw him out there playing. I watched him and he was definitely holding his own. For the life of me, I could not figure why we let him go considering our horrible situation at RT.

I know he was starting for at least a little while. I was watching a Patriots game and saw him out there playing. I watched him and he was definitely holding his own. For the life of me, I could not figure why we let him go considering our horrible situation at RT.

He came in for injury if I remember correctly. Which would have been his same situation here at the very worst.

It all just goes back to how AWFUL our team is at talent evaluation. Out of all the linemen we have drafted, not ONE is good.

And on top of that. This staff watched Svitek, Johnson, and Holmes in practice all of 2012, and decided that Holmes and Johnson could handle the RT job and svitek wasn't needed. They couldn't have been more wrong.

He came in for injury if I remember correctly. Which would have been his same situation here at the very worst.

It all just goes back to how AWFUL our team is at talent evaluation. Out of all the linemen we have drafted, not ONE is good.

And on top of that. This staff watched Svitek, Johnson, and Holmes in practice all of 2012, and decided that Holmes and Johnson could handle the RT job and svitek wasn't needed. They couldn't have been more wrong.

That's the thing that bugs me the most. Our staff and front office had the opportunity to evaluate all of our offensive line prospects, and in almost every case they made the wrong decision. I would take Dahl and Svitek back in a second.

He is talking about guys we let go.

Back on topic, Clabo sucked this year. Prolly worse than Holmes and Schraeder to be honest.

Yeah, Clabo sucks. He was the only guy who we cut that I could even think of that could fill that position. He would definitely be a huge liability at LT. Still, overall I think the ex-falcon offensive line is better overall than the one we put on the field this year.

Edited by fbassman2001