Matt Ryan - Falcons All-Time Leading Passer

PriMeTiiMe

And if anyone tries to blame this year on Ryan their clueless.

439/651 comp/att

67% Comp. %

4515 Yards

6.93 YPA

26 TDs

17 INTs

89.6 QB Rating

All solid numbers. Considering the fact :

1) our line was a turnstile (40+ sacks given up)

2) no running game (dead last in league)

3) he was without his #1 target and deep threat most of the year (had 41 catches and 580 yards in 5 games and ryan was on fire when he was playing)

4) roddy was banged up all year as well and missed multiple games (worst season since 06)

5) defense sucked and gave up 20+ every week forcing us to throw more

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

Ryan shares blame (stats out the window) but he is not the only one to blame. Let's just stop with the "Ryan can carry a team" and the "Ryan is elite" talks for awhile, though. I do not care about stats bc they are taken out of context. I mean, look at Ryan's number of pass attempts. I'd rather have a strong running game and about 150 less pass attempts for $1000 Alex.

Ryan is far from our main issues and problems, though.

Ryan... More playoff appearances than Bartkowski also.. More playoff losses... Still no heart... still cant close... There's no hope as long as he's here

And there's no hope for you, Lord Dumbazzz.

"still can't close"? That doesn't make any sense at all. I can't believe I still get surprised at the stupidity and lack of football knowledge on this board.

Ryan... More playoff appearances than Bartkowski also.. More playoff losses... Still no heart... still cant close... There's no hope as long as he's here

Took 9 sacks in one game and was still leading the team down the field, and he has no heart?

Hawley hikes the ball to no one, and that's Ryan's fault?

Edited by Sidecar Falcon

Ryan deserves a freakin medal for all the shlt he had to deal with. I cringe when I hear all the bitching about what he doesn't do. As alarming as those 44 sacks are, I'm scared to see the total amount of times he was hit, knocked down or hurried. It's like like 70% of his completions resulted in him being on his ***. The man has my respect. I would like to think the FO does as well.

Ryan deserves a freakin medal for all the shlt he had to deal with. I cringe when I hear all the bitching about what he doesn't do. As alarming as those 44 sacks are, I'm scared to see the total amount of times he was hit, knocked down or hurried. It's like like 70% of his completions resulted in him being on his ***. The man has my respect. I would like to think the FO does as well.

No soul can question his toughness. . . . that's for sure. If playing with the injury he had couple seasons ago did not convince anyone, then this season should be the tell all be all that he is tough both mentally and physically. . .

Ryan = Dan Marino and Jim Kelly if u get right down to lol That's what what all of you sound like... And you know what... there fans still say he coulda did it if he had this and that... You've scene what an elite QB can do Manning, Brady, Brees The list goes on.... All closers Since some of U think he's comparable to Manning I guess we have about 4 or 5 more seasons b4 we can expect a SB win.....lol

do we win that game if Ryan doesn't throw a pick six? or are we still blaming the wind in the Dome for that one? Ryan had decent stats but he didn't play game winning football this year with costly turnovers, and bad play at critical times. the whole team was bad though, so he isn't the only reason we lost, just one of many. I just don't want to see ANYONE trying to give Ryan credit for "his" regular season wins if he can't be held accountable for "his" regular season losses

If we can carve out the 30+ mil in space like some have projected, we have to go OL **** near exclusively. We don't have to have pro bowlers. We just need some above average avg/good vets who know what the **** they are doing.

FA

Schwartz 4 m - Beasting at G in the absence of Asomoah for the past month.

DeLaPuente 4m - Solid C

Collins 5mil- can play both Tackle spots at a higher level than anyone we have hopes for on this roster

Sviteck 1mil- Can fill in at either T spot admirably.

LT:Baker/Collins/Holmes

LG:Blalock/Gunn

OC:Puente/Hawley

RG:Schwartz/Draft

RT:Collins/Sviteck/Holmes

Edited by bigjmw84

do we win that game if Ryan doesn't throw a pick six? or are we still blaming the wind in the Dome for that one? Ryan had decent stats but he didn't play game winning football this year with costly turnovers, and bad play at critical times. the whole team was bad though, so he isn't the only reason we lost, just one of many. I just don't want to see ANYONE trying to give Ryan credit for "his" regular season wins if he can't be held accountable for "his" regular season losses

Well considering he has been pretty damned consistent despite this **** they call an oline I

If we can carve out the 30+ mil in space like some have projected, we have to go OL **** near exclusively. We don't have to have pro bowlers. We just need some above average avg/good vets who know what the **** they are doing.

FA

Schwartz 4 m - Beasting at G in the absence of Asomoah for the past month.

DeLaPuente 4m - Solid C

Collins 5mil- can play both Tackle spots at a higher level than anyone we have hopes for on this roster

Sviteck 1mil- Can fill in at either T spot admirably.

LT:Baker/Collins/Holmes

LG:Blalock/Gunn

OC:Puente/Hawley

RG:Schwartz/Draft

RT:Collins/Sviteck/Holmes

You REALLY want to use Holmes even as a back up? After his disgraceful play today I want his *** sent packing.