Why Wear A Dark Visor Every Game?

I meant to bring this up earlier. But William Moore had a dark visor against the 49ers, and I believe in every game this year. That game was at night time.

Is this supposed to be intimidating and cool? It's as dumb as guys that wears sunglasses inside the gym. It's not making you cool, and in the case of an NFL player in a night game, it probably does more bad than good

playing under bright lights takes away the actual time of day in the equation...some people simply have sensitive eyes when it comes to bright lights shining directly into their eyes.

This. Imagine looking at the sun in some situations. Some guys can't handle even the slightest light. It blurs your vision. If he uses it I support him.

To fans, but to other NFL players a dark visor, and add in those 'intimidating' face masks, it just a joke when they line up across from each other

Those lights are bright as h3ll. The mask helps the glare. It's not just about being cool or looking badass. I actually liked day games more than night when I played because it's easier to lose the ball in the lights at night. It's also to protect your eyes and face from injury and willie moe's playing style he'd definitely get eye pokes or scratches.

I'm 99% sure he does it for 'intimidation' not because of lights

I'm just saying...it wouldn't be detrimental to his play because the field is bright as f*ck during night because of the night lights...I'm not going to assume why he wears the stuff without anything to base my assumption on though.

I meant to bring this up earlier. But William Moore had a dark visor against the 49ers, and I believe in every game this year. That game was at night time.

Is this supposed to be intimidating and cool? It's as dumb as guys that wears sunglasses inside the gym. It's not making you cool, and in the case of an NFL player in a night game, it probably does more bad than good

In the NFL, unlike college, you need a medical reason to wear a tinted visor. You can't just wear one because you think it looks intimidating.

I remember Kerney talking about this years ago. In college he wore a tinted visor but he couldn't do it in the NFL without a reason. It may not necessarily be medical but you have to have a reason to wear it.

May have something to do with sensitivity with the bright stadium lights. Trust me, my eyes are sensitive to bright lights. I don't players wear them just for style

Dude you will find anything to whine about won't you?

Depends on the time of year. But at the beginning of the game it was not dark yet. And yes I have been to Candlestick was actually the first NFL game I went to.

This is a photo of the pregame ceremony. Not dark yet?

49ers24_pgk_027.jpg

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/12/23/photos-from-the-last-regular-season-game-at-candlestick-park/#19143-50