This Was Actually Our Rebuilding Year!

kelvin31063

This season has been painful to watch but there is a bright side for years to come from this train wreck. We will likely have one of the youngest teams in the league come next year with a lot of youth that has had an abundance of playing time as well as made great strides in performance. We will be a team of young players with enough experience to compliment the veterans that SHOULD be brought in during Free Agency and the offseason. With a strong defensive line and at least one quality linebacker position, I see as a top 10 Defense next year and this is with Nolan at command. Just fix the offensive line and our offense will be back.

"Great strides" ??? We have gone backwards so far this year Smith and TD think we're first. I've been watching a mess this year, the roster that TD and Smith put on the field was a joke and we are exactly what our record says we are. That was before injuries as well....the cobbled together lines our idiots put together never had a chance and our over rated regime was exposed so we paid for it. Now we are in need of a major rebuild by a GM and a HC that are in total win now mode to save their azzez. I see a bunch of crazy azz panic moves , more patching, cobbling and bad decision making.....that's the history of these guys , why is it going to change after 6 yrs ? We have never been able to compete with top echelon teams and I don't see that changing next year if we are putting the reins in the same guys hands, our record proves that. So strides?.... backwards yes.

I know what ya mean, we got rookie DEs, LBs and CBs lots of work.

We only have two special players that I've seen going into next year. Doesn't mean people on our roster won't improve, but we need more talent on our LOS or we'll still be rebuilding after next year.

It is hard to believe we're going to be able to bring in three or four draft picks and a couple of FA's and fix every weak spot on both sides of the football. With the experience the young guys got this season, it's possible we could be measurably better, but to think we will be a top-tier team without adding further pieces in 2015 is probably not realistic.

It is hard to believe we're going to be able to bring in three or four draft picks and a couple of FA's and fix every weak spot on both sides of the football. With the experience the young guys got this season, it's possible we could be measurably better, but to think we will be a top-tier team without adding further pieces in 2015 is probably not realistic.

I agree. It takes a little cohesiveness to become a machine, especially on the OL.

I've pretty much been shaking my head in wonder at our success with some of these defenses we've run out and the lack of the OL to gain a yard in crucial situations, it's like how the hel did we win so much, lol.

The truth is, I've thought for 5 years we were a couple years away from being good enough to win a SB...and we still are I'm afraid

With our 3 starting DTs all being FA, and Tony and Asante's salaries coming off the books, and money carrying forward from this season, we are going to have money to spend.

With high draft picks we are going to have the ability to bring in some top prospects.

With our depth getting extensive playing time we are going to have a better bench- Partly because we will finally drop the non performers, and partly because the other guys will be that much better/experienced.

And most importantly, getting all of our injured players back will make a huge difference. Adding Julio, Roddy, Spoon, Baker, Ewing, SJAX, etc.- the first three are like adding 3 top free agents.

So no matter how much the naysayers want to predict doom and gloom, it's hard to imagine the team not improving significantly. Especially because we actually had lots of losses where 1 play going the other way was the difference in the ballgame.

Yes, "the process" was started all over again.

I think the FO would be fired if they tried to claim we were starting "the process" all over again. This is more of a reload. We have a strong secondary, LBs who have flashed, and Probowl QB and WRs. SJAX is not washed up either. An offensive line would have us right back in the mix, and a defensive line would make us a top contender. "The process" is for when we start over with new FO, HC, and schemes.

With our 3 starting DTs all being FA, and Tony and Asante's salaries coming off the books, and money carrying forward from this season, we are going to have money to spend.

With high draft picks we are going to have the ability to bring in some top prospects.

With our depth getting extensive playing time we are going to have a better bench- Partly because we will finally drop the non performers, and partly because the other guys will be that much better/experienced.

And most importantly, getting all of our injured players back will make a huge difference. Adding Julio, Roddy, Spoon, Baker, Ewing, SJAX, etc.- the first three are like adding 3 top free agents.

So no matter how much the naysayers want to predict doom and gloom, it's hard to imagine the team not improving significantly. Especially because we actually had lots of losses where 1 play going the other way was the difference in the ballgame.

If the Falcons don't have 8-12 new players on the 53 man roster on opening day next season then things aren't going to be any better. Serious upgrades are needed across the board.

You now to me our 13-3 season last year didn't really look all that different than this season. Blown leads, shittyz 3rd quarters, offense and defense not playing a full game together, stupid and predictable play calling, games coming down to the wire. Just we lost more this year, but the same problems

Who we will target come draft time is really a mystery to me. Seems like we get a curveball every year from whom We think will be drafted. Add on top of that all of the youth we have (especially CB, LB, DE), its hard to imagine where they will go with the pick.

I will say, though, I expect our second rounder to be traded, probably to get back up into the late first.

You now to me our 13-3 season last year didn't really look all that different than this season. Blown leads, shittyz 3rd quarters, offense and defense not play a full game together, stupid and predictable play calling, games coming down to the wire. Just we lost more this year, but the same problems

Exactly. People talk about that but we had the same issues. It's just last year we had the ball bounce our way where as this year it didn't.

You now to me our 13-3 season last year didn't really look all that different than this season. Blown leads, shittyz 3rd quarters, offense and defense not play a full game together, stupid and predictable play calling, games coming down to the wire. Just we lost more this year, but the same problems

Good points PA. which makes me wonder if Koetter is safe whether or not he gets the Boise St job

You now to me our 13-3 season last year didn't really look all that different than this season. Blown leads, shittyz 3rd quarters, offense and defense not playing a full game together, stupid and predictable play calling, games coming down to the wire. Just we lost more this year, but the same problems

I definately agree with what you are saying.

We have spent too many draft picks building from the outside in and

if 2014 is not focused on the Lines I see the problem getting worse.

However if TD and Co. focus on the lines, 2014 will be a year of growing

pains, but we will be moving in the right direction.

Cheers

The rebuilding lies ahead. It would be a huge mistake to pass this season off as an injury anomaly.

Maybe we have different definitions of rebuilding. Mine is when you cut most of your veterans, bring in new coordinators and schemes, eat a bunch of dead money and use the high draft picks from your predictably bad season to start over.