Real Talk.

ELux85

First off, I got to say somethin that needs to be said. I understand we want to see the Falcons having a ticker tape parade with the Lombardi Trophy but the fanbase here on TATF has gotten way too sarcastic for a guy like me to even enjoy being here and I have been here for 7 years now. The fans here expect too much and yet they are the first to blast and villify the team when they fall short. I learned that in those 3-13 seasons even here in Tampa Bay this year with their Bucs. Fans here have a problem with envy here. Fans here envy New England and other teams that are successful but have no love when they lose. If you don't believe in the team in the losing times, don't call yourself a fan. I understand that there is many long time Falcon fans here including me as well. But stuff like what happened in pre-season are actually game plan killers for any coaches like losing Mike P. Johnson and Kroy Biermann early doesn't help the coaches either. Now after all that ranting earlier and now with a calm mind,It goes without saying that injuries are the responsibility of strength and conditioning. There needs to be a change there. Also, canning the offensive & defensive Coordinators in their 2nd seasons is NOT the way to make a good football team. It starts in the lower positional coaches. With better positional coaching this team can be something special in 2014. Falcons have the personnel and players, just need positional and strength coaching. Remember when one door closes, another one opens. 2014 is wide open for this team. Just needs better coaching positional wise.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you settle for "less", you're going to get less....I've waited too long for the Lombardi, I want one now, I agree with the assessment on the lower coaches (my target of Hill & Dunn esp) but our only move from last season was "canning (Jeff) Fish. A strength & fitness guru...how did that pan out? We still faulter after the halves.

agreed, allot of over reacting this year but, it's understandable. We don't need drastic changes, we need effective tweaks.

Koetter could be the best Offensive coach in the world but, play calling gets limited when you can't run and your QB is in the dirt.

Nolan's season was going to be a bit of a gamble with the rooks at DE and CB but, he couldn't have expected his LB core to disappear for the season and have to start over again with additional rooks at those positions.

with that being said my biggest frustration was seeing Konz, Reynolds and Trueblood game after game. This kind of stubbornness needs to go. If not for the injuries we may have never found out PW and JB were as good as they are. It's a shame that we find out Hawley is decent only after the coaches have conceeded the season. It's a shame to wait so long to see Teran and Shreader. I sincerely hope we get to see Replogie and Robertson in this last game.

did anybody think this season would be this bad? I doubt it. But as they say "it is what it is" and don't try to sugar coat the ugly truth. The O-line was so bad it was a sad joke, the defence is ranked 29 out of 32 teams,"failing to plan is planing to fail"the coahing staff and the GM dropped the ball plain and simple. Now the question is what to do about it ,that question is for Mr. Blank to answer.

agreed, allot of over reacting this year but, it's understandable. We don't need drastic changes, we need effective tweaks.

Koetter could be the best Offensive coach in the world but, play calling gets limited when you can't run and your QB is in the dirt.

Nolan's season was going to be a bit of a gamble with the rooks at DE and CB but, he couldn't have expected his LB core to disappear for the season and have to start over again with additional rooks at those positions.

with that being said my biggest frustration was seeing Konz, Reynolds and Trueblood game after game. This kind of stubbornness needs to go. If not for the injuries we may have never found out PW and JB were as good as they are. It's a shame that we find out Hawley is decent only after the coaches have conceeded the season. It's a shame to wait so long to see Teran and Shreader. I sincerely hope we get to see Replogie and Robertson in this last game.

I have to agree with Konz and Reynolds. Reynolds played his way out of a job, Konz at best is a backup RG. Trueblood is a backup himself. But he won't start next season with either Mike P. Johnson or possibly Jake Matthews/Michael Oher @ RT. Why Oher? Oher is a guy that needs snap timing changes on how he starts blocking and that can be fixed by solid o-line coaching.

When you lose the caliber of players we did both sides of the ball we did it spelt doom from the start.

Personally when I saw these guys go down that early the writing was on the wall all the rest is history now and all we have to now is add some more talent and tweak like the OP said.

TBH this season may well have been a blessing in disguise for us.

When you settle for "less", you're going to get less....I've waited too long for the Lombardi, I want one now, I agree with the assessment on the lower coaches (my target of Hill & Dunn esp) but our only move from last season was "canning (Jeff) Fish. A strength & fitness guru...how did that pan out? We still faulter after the halves.

Well said and I agree. The only thing most Falcon fans are guilty of is being far too willing to worship TD and Mike Smith for racking up five straight winning seasons. It actually took awhile before a few more discerning fans began to realize the impressive regular season record was just a sham, because the team was still being dominated in big games, nationally televised games, by division rivals and, of course, in the play-offs. The ugly truth was this team was built and coached to be a bottom-feeder beater, not a Super Bowl contender. And with the crap job TD has done with acquisitions on the OL and DL, this season's rash of injuries exposed the roster as being built like a house of cards. And TD is going to be the guy in charge of rebuilding. What's wrong with this picture? LOL.

Well said and I agree. The only thing most Falcon fans are guilty of is being far too willing to worship TD and Mike Smith for racking up five straight winning seasons. It actually took awhile before a few more discerning fans began to realize the impressive regular season record was just a sham, because the team was still being dominated in big games, nationally televised games, by division rivals and, of course, in the play-offs. The ugly truth was this team was built and coached to be a bottom-feeder beater, not a Super Bowl contender. And with the crap job TD has done with acquisitions on the OL and DL, this season's rash of injuries exposed the roster as being built like a house of cards. And TD is going to be the guy in charge of rebuilding. What's wrong with this picture? LOL.

real talk

I have to agree with Konz and Reynolds. Reynolds played his way out of a job, Konz at best is a backup RG. Trueblood is a backup himself. But he won't start next season with either Mike P. Johnson or possibly Jake Matthews/Michael Oher @ RT. Why Oher? Oher is a guy that needs snap timing changes on how he starts blocking and that can be fixed by solid o-line coaching.

I am ready to cut Johnson a guy that can never stay on the field. Would not mind Oher but I see Saffold as a better option if we go FA at RT. He could compete at 4 positions on the O line, is younger and cheaper than Oher. He could solidify RT IMO and we could draft an OG like Richardson Yanke or Jackson.

You guys amuse me with this whole "oh ya'll settle for less too much". What the **** are the fans supposed to do? As I said in another thread, the organization doesn't read this MB, if they did it wouldn't be here. Fans booing at the game seems to have no effect on them, and merch is gonna sell no matter want. So I want you people to explain to me, as fan, what we are supposed to do send a message to the organization that we don't want to settle for less. You guys gonna organize a protest?

You guys amuse me with this whole "oh ya'll settle for less too much". What the **** are the fans supposed to do? As I said in another thread, the organization doesn't read this MB, if they did it wouldn't be here. Fans booing at the game seems to have no effect on them, and merch is gonna sell no matter want. So I want you people to explain to me, as fan, what we are supposed to do send a message to the organization that we don't want to settle for less. You guys gonna organize a protest?

Steve may still have group 2 up and running LOL.

Real talk for sure poker!

Stop showing up to games

Don't buy season tickets

Don't buy falcons memorabilia

air displeasure on radio and message board

Falcons front office will get the message if all above start happening

My complaint isn't with the criticism - losing seasons in years that started with SB talk warrant criticism. The problem is too many on here have no clue how to articulate a nuanced claim, or warrant the claims they do make with valid evidence. In the minds of too many on here, there is no spectrum of performance, just "great" or "awful." It's difficult, if not impossible, to have an intelligent debate because the combination of trolls and fair-weather no-nothings only know how to express themselves like sensationalistic news media programs.

"Ryan needs to take more risks down field" becomes "Ryan is a coward" (always an lol line from someone anonymously posting on the internet). Mistakes aren't made, they "always happen." Missed opportunities become "proof" that success "never" occurs. Seriously, it's like trying to converse with elementary school children.

I'd be more sympathetic to the asinine nature of most of these posts if the Falcons franchise had experienced some 'golden age' of greatness, e.g., Dallas or Miami. But given that the last half-decade has been BY FAR the best stretch of football from Atlanta, such emotional outbursts simply read like the whining of people who don't really know much about the sport they claim to be a fan of.

Steve may still have group 2 up and running LOL.

Yes, indeed, Group 2 is still going strong. It's now expanded into a more global mission however, with operatives involved in bringing permanent world peace and developing a cure for all diseases and creating new energy sources. But yes, on the local level we do in fact have a small research & development staff putting the finishing touches on a micro-drone that will fly up TD's nose and inject him with a powerful mind-control implant. This implant will block any attempt to draft Boy Scouts, choir boys, class presidents, underwear models, Academic All-Americas, amateur drinkers, pot-heads who drive with bogus paperwork and anybody with chronic injury problems. We won't publicize anything of course, but if successful, the results will be readily apparent.

Mike Johnson is no better. Real talk.

First off, I got to say somethin that needs to be said. I understand we want to see the Falcons having a ticker tape parade with the Lombardi Trophy but the fanbase here on TATF has gotten way too sarcastic for a guy like me to even enjoy being here and I have been here for 7 years now. The fans here expect too much and yet they are the first to blast and villify the team when they fall short. I learned that in those 3-13 seasons even here in Tampa Bay this year with their Bucs. Fans here have a problem with envy here. Fans here envy New England and other teams that are successful but have no love when they lose. If you don't believe in the team in the losing times, don't call yourself a fan. I understand that there is many long time Falcon fans here including me as well. But stuff like what happened in pre-season are actually game plan killers for any coaches like losing Mike P. Johnson and Kroy Biermann early doesn't help the coaches either. Now after all that ranting earlier and now with a calm mind,It goes without saying that injuries are the responsibility of strength and conditioning. There needs to be a change there. Also, canning the offensive & defensive Coordinators in their 2nd seasons is NOT the way to make a good football team. It starts in the lower positional coaches. With better positional coaching this team can be something special in 2014. Falcons have the personnel and players, just need positional and strength coaching. Remember when one door closes, another one opens. 2014 is wide open for this team. Just needs better coaching positional wise.

I feel your pain, man. We need a LOT, to make this team better. We've sat on our "laurels" thinking that success breeds success, and we'll get to where we want to be (SB) by osmosis. It takes planning for the future, and IMO, TD & Co. has dropped the ball in that category. If changes aren't made in some key categories, we can expect more of the same, next year.

I, for one, am willing to give the present regime ONE MORE YEAR to get this thing headed in the right direction, and make significant strides in talent level (especially on our lines), or I would be in favor of "cleaning house", i.e., new GM, new HC and new coordinators.

Are you listening, Mr. Blank?

Stop showing up to games

Don't buy season tickets

Don't buy falcons memorabilia

air displeasure on radio and message board

Falcons front office will get the message if all above start happening

Those things sell regardless of record. As for the last one, again, I doubt they will care what some guy on a radio says.

Those things sell regardless of record. As for the last one, again, I doubt they will care what some guy on a radio says.

You think so ? I bet our attendance has dipped and has even dipped when we were winning from the Vick era . You couldn't walk around Atlanta without seeing a Vick jersey for a day .

Attendance means a lot to Blank especially now with new stadium about to be built another poor season , not many people are going to buy season tickets and then future PSL

Since Atlanta is not a proud franchise that has waiting list for tickets and very fickle fan base you start losing less and less people lose intrest .

You think so ? I bet our attendance has dipped and has even dipped when we were winning from the Vick era . You couldn't walk around Atlanta without seeing a Vick jersey for a day .

Attendance means a lot to Blank especially now with new stadium about to be built another poor season , not many people are going to buy season tickets and then future PSL

Since Atlanta is not a proud franchise that has waiting list for tickets and very fickle fan base you start losing less and less people lose intrest .

Vick sold more because he was an exciting player to watch. Not because of our record.

The fans that I see all have some weird kind of team envy, like "Why can't we be like that team? Why can't our quarterback be like that quarterback?"

The funny thing is, when that particular team or player they envy isn't doing too good, they excuse their losing ways or terrible performance, but can't seem to do the same for their own team or players. It's like some kind of weird confirmation bias where they only pick out the good of what they're trying to compare our team or players to, but only comparing it to the bad of our team or players.

Just a weird situation I usually see on this board.

Every team has problems, every team that we think is godly has detractors on their boards criticizing certain aspects. I've seen so many Saints fans calling for Payton's head and how his coaching costs them games. Kind of funny, eh? Especially considering the immense amount of envy some Falcons fans have regarding him. I guess our board's fans are no more unique than other successful teams.

Edited by Mr. Lubba Lubba©