Why Don't They Just Count 4-3 Des And 3-4 Olbers As The Same Thing For The Pro Bowl?

Big Bubba

OLBer for the pro bowl are a disgrace.

It irks me...................... This kid isn't even on my team, and it's unsettling that David, isn't on the pro bowl team, simply because a guy like Abraham, a pure f'n pass rusher, gets the spot?

They need to change some things.. at least put a little line in the sand, grab four 3-4 OLBers and four 4-3 OLBers. Otherwise, guys like David, will never see a pro bowl, simply because he will never get as many sacks as a 3-4 OLBer whose only goal is to rush the passer. and Sacks are apparently all that matter at that position.

Seriously, think about that sh1t. A guy could be the best 4-3 OLBer in the league, and get zero credit for it, simply because every OLBer spot is taken by pure passers.

Besides all that................... isn't the main scheme of pro bowl defenses, 4-3? Do they sprinkle in 3-4 every now and then? I honestly can't remember, I just remember the four down linemen, and the 3 LBers in the middle behind the Dline, basically a 4-3.

Okay, I'm done ranting now.

Agreed, over the past few years with the rise of the 3-4 OLB the popularity vote has screwed the 4-3 OLB. Lavonte David is the victim this year and I remember someone being hurt by it last year. My solution would be to run a 4-3 in quarters one and three and a 3-4 in two and four. Basically just the quarterback system. Another position that suffers from this are 3-4 nose tackles and ends, this system has a 3-4 defense vote and a 4-3 defense vote.

good question.....ive also wondered why they dont make a seperate award for qb's other than mvp because 9 times out of 10 qb's win the mvp award.....they should make cy young type award for qb's that way recievers oline has a chance at winning mvp.......

Edited by still smokin

Yeah, I was kind of irked about the Lavonte snub myself and the dude is a d*mn division rival. It's just completely f*cked up he got snubbed. Same thing with our boy TD... I love some Kraken but no way in heII did he deserve the Pro Bowl over TD. TD and David are playing the OLB position better than anybody in the league right now. David especially, he's put together a monster season.

seriously..... 4-3 pro bowl defense......................you aren't even allowed to blitz the freaking passer.. why the need for 2 pass rushing 4-3 DEs and then 2 pass rushing 3-4 OLBers?

First step to make the pro-bowl decent is to stop using a 4-3 scheme most of the game with the above mentioned DEs and 3-4 OLBers.......... because all that means is offenses reign supreme again and again, because each defense has two freaking OLBers that can't cover the pass to save their lives and look somewhat lost when they aren't used as a primary pass rusher.

Without sending more than 4 guys at the passer, in a 4-3, guys like Abe will just wander around the middle of the field with his thumb up his azz. Whereas guys like David would actually go out there and ball, flying all over the field.