Which 2014 Fas Do You Want Your Team To Go After?

Big Bubba

Aside from re-signing your own FAs, since the quality guys like Graham, Hardy, etc, goes without saying that fans of those teams will want those guys re-signed.

Mine would be......

Top tier FA wishlist.

Alterraun Verner (CB) 25 yrs old.

Talib (CB) 28 yrs old.

Maybe Byrd.

Highly unlikely of course, not counting on much this off-season... maybe a couple mid-tier FAs.

My wishlist:

One of the many middle tier HBs such as Donald Brown or Toby Gerhart

An OT, Eric Winston or Brandon Albert (unrealistic with money tied up in Baker) Veldheer or Saffold are a little cheaper so maybe.

A guard such as Brian Waters or Matt Slauson

Would absolutely love Alex Mack but that would probably cost too much.

Micheal Bennett is back on the market and he would be a nice fix.

Henry Melton alongside either Peters or Babs would be nice.

If we could get one or maybe two of these guys I would consider it a big win.

Falcons would have to open their wallets and pay big for Hardy. He's 26 years old....and he is just now starting to scratch the surface of his potential. I love how they move him all over the Dline.

Would probably take a contract that completely hits it out of the ballpark, where the Panthers can't even come close to it.. he said he'll give the Panthers a discount, we'll see exactly how much. laugh.png

Graham is awesome

but hes not like TG

hes a stretch the field kinda TE, hes Great, but lets get real, there is only 1 TG and no TE in History can do what he has done, and is still doing, no TE is gonna make those spectacular Grabs in the end zone and on 3rd and Medium TG has made a career of...

even if we did get Graham , hes not gonna be TG, and Frankly I dont know how well he would fit in with Falcons Offense....

I Think Falcons need more of a Possession TE than a game breaker like JG, our Game Breakers are on the outside.....

Now Hardy is a Dif Story lol

he is the one we are more likely to go after....

Just figured I'd shed a little light on Hardy from a fan's perspective to rival fans since I've seen a lot of Falcon fans talk about going after him this year and he seems to be one of the hot free agents this year in general...

Johnson is the better straight up pass rusher than Hardy right now... but honestly Hardy is more valuable just because of how ridiculously versatile he is (great STer, and we're able to really bring the heat in certain pass rushing packages due to his ability to effectively play any position on the line), and his pass rushing skills are coming along pretty d*mn nice to the point where he's nearly just as good as CJ and probably will be better sooner rather than later. He's also younger than CJ... 25 compared to 27.

If we're not able to retain him - which I doubt we will - then he's going to get some big bucks wherever he goes (Rosenhaus is his agent). I can easily see him being one of the perennial premiere DEs in this league if he keeps up his development. So be prepared to open the checkbook.

The only thing with him is I think he needs a militant strong-willed style defensive coach and strong locker room to keep him in order. I love the dude, but I think if you let him he could get out of hand. He's really seemed to develop a bit of an ego the past 2 seasons.

Hardys versatility is nice. His pass rush is above avg but not in the elite category. His contract will reflect his pass rush ability. It won't be top dollar but it will be high.

Graham isn't leaving New Orleans.

He will be the saints big off season contract.

Players I'd like the saints to look at who may be cheap.

Sam Shields Cb GB

Corey Graham Cb Balt

I've always thought going for the big name guys is a mistake. They rarely pan out as expected after getting the brinks truck contract, plus a change of teams. I much prefer the organization looking deeply at young, hungry emerging talent and chasing them instead.

Mid-sized contracts and the chance to start and prove yourself appeals to me. As an example, last year the Saints landed CB Keenan Lewis of the Steelers. Many had never heard of him. He was being groomed to start in Pittsburgh, but the Saints offered him a starting role and a nice contract. Pittsburgh couldn't afford the match. Lewis was a very strong player in New Orleans this year.

If you are chasing a known talent, stay in your cap structure and take hungry guys ... Curtis Lofton has been a solid player at LB, Jabari Greer at CB, Hawthorne at LB, Sproles at RB. None of these guys ripped the salary cap apart to sign.

Free Agency success is fleeting for many teams, so team chemistry/proper evaluation is crucial.

I've always thought going for the big name guys is a mistake. They rarely pan out as expected after getting the brinks truck contract, plus a change of teams. I much prefer the organization looking deeply at young, hungry emerging talent and chasing them instead.

Mid-sized contracts and the chance to start and prove yourself appeals to me. As an example, last year the Saints landed CB Keenan Lewis of the Steelers. Many had never heard of him. He was being groomed to start in Pittsburgh, but the Saints offered him a starting role and a nice contract. Pittsburgh couldn't afford the match. Lewis was a very strong player in New Orleans this year.

If you are chasing a known talent, stay in your cap structure and take hungry guys ... Curtis Lofton has been a solid player at LB, Jabari Greer at CB, Hawthorne at LB, Sproles at RB. None of these guys ripped the salary cap apart to sign.

Free Agency success is fleeting for many teams, so team chemistry/proper evaluation is crucial.

Yep, same thing with Mitchell and Ginn for us this year. They're both making peanuts and reviving their careers this season - heII, Mitchell has had a Pro Bowl type year. Both were buried in the depth charts on their respective teams and looking for a chance to start and prove their worth.

Just the bad thing is... they're both only on 1-year deals. sad.png

Hardy is definitely one of the few players in this situation I'd look to retain though. Like I said before his versatility opens up a lot of other stuff and he's just now beginning to scratch his potential, that defensive line has also developed some pretty good chemistry. He's young and he's only getting better.

Edited by Ginn & Juice