Is The Market Set For Dts Now For The 2014 Season

atlbaby

I don't watch much NYG football. Is he commanding regular double teams? Is he consistently disruptive? I mean, is he opening it up for the other linemen to make plays? Because I expect a lot for 5+ million/yr. If you told me adding him would instantly fix our run defense then I'd be all for it. Ultimately the player has to make a significant impact to justify 5+mil/yr.

I don't watch much NYG football. Is he commanding regular double teams? Is he consistently disruptive? I mean, is he opening it up for the other linemen to make plays? Because I expect a lot for 5+ million/yr. If you told me adding him would instantly fix our run defense then I'd be all for it. Ultimately the player has to make a significant impact to justify 5+mil/yr.

He does and he would be worth his contract.

Been on Joseph for awhile if they decide to go D-line I'd love me some LeMarr Houston aswell you add those 2 guys upfront we have now soughted the our d-line for years to come and it also allows us to go full force with the o-line in the draft.

I'm kind of glad Lamarr Houston didn't make the Pro Bowl, only because his agent can't over value his client now

He's probably there #1 run stuffer I managed to watch a few NYG games this year and watching him on running downs was a thing of beauty he either drilled his man into the backfield making the RB go the other way or held at the POA and made a tackle for a minimal gain.He's probably the stoutest DT they have at the POA.

I watched them against the Redskins and they just gave up running at him after trying to go there early as he stuffed there attempts time after time he'd either do the above or penetrate and it just stopped there running attack in its tracks.

I honestly think you'd get him in that 4-5 mill per range as he isn't a 3 down guy he plays in there rotation and is mostly in on running downs.

Edited by kiwifalcon

I'm kind of glad Lamarr Houston didn't make the Pro Bowl, only because his agent can't over value his client now

Yeah I remember when Houston first came out at the combine and drills he made alot of noise he's a perfect fit as a base LDE in a 43.I don't think we'll go there they'll probably stick with Goodman but as I first mentioned if they added Houston & Joseph via FA you'd have alot of happy campers on this board for sure.

Yeah I remember when Houston first came out at the combine and drills he made alot of noise he's a perfect fit as a base LDE in a 43.I don't think we'll go there they'll probably stick with Goodman but as I first mentioned if they added Houston & Joseph via FA you'd have alot of happy campers on this board for sure.

Houston can also play 4-3 DT and 3-4 DE. He's perfect for Nolans defense.

Question being is will TD pony up the $$$$$ to lock him up long term from his history and at that position I'm not feeling it.

TD has tried to bring us a legit DE/DT, but the prices just got too high with Peppers and Johnson. I think Houston flys just under the radar enough to stay in our price range. There was zero doubt that we were in the bidding war with those two guys though.

Yep that why I think Dimitroff will target him.

I really hope your right I'd love to have him.

TD has tried to bring us a legit DE/DT, but the prices just got too high with Peppers and Johnson. I think Houston flys just under the radar enough to stay in our price range. There was zero doubt that we were in the bidding war with those two guys though.

Houston will be in big demand I personally think he'll get paid by who well I'm not feeling TD pulling the trigger especially at DE his history though he has attempted to go for guys I think deep down he doesn't really like spending on outsiders but he will do it on his own guys but I'm just not feeling him spending in that 8-10 mill range.

I really hope your right I'd love to have him.

Houston will be in big demand I personally think he'll get paid by who well I'm not feeling TD pulling the trigger especially at DE his history though he has attempted to go for guys I think deep down he doesn't really like spending on outsiders but he will do it on his own guys but I'm just not feeling him spending in that 8-10 mill range.

I think he'd be comfortable with the 8-10 range. Peppers and Johnson got up in the 12 mil range was the problem. Houston doesn't have multiple double digit sack seasons like Johnson though. He's just a solid football player who does everything.