Looks Like Nolan's Going To Be Fired

Sandy5prings

The last few reports from Vaughn McClure all hint at Nolan's impending firing. See this one from today: http://t.co/cwRTqJruVG

The D sucked azz all year but I'm not sure that Nolan is to blame. I think this looks more like Nolan being the fall guy for TD and Smitty. Nolan reportedly had significant inputs in his couple of drafts and FAs with the Falcons and if anything, he's made some brilliant picks - Trufant, Alford, Worrilow, Bartu, etc.

I'd love to see what he can do with a REAL edge rusher.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last few reports from Vaughn McClure all hint at Nolan's impending firing. See this one from today: http://t.co/cwRTqJruVG

The D sucked azz all year but I'm not sure that Nolan is to blame. I think this looks more like Nolan being the fall guy for TD and Smitty. Nolan reportedly had significant inputs in his couple of drafts and FAs with the Falcons and if anything, he's made some brilliant picks - Trufant, Alford, Worrilow, Bartu, etc.

Well this is news to me.

I think Koetter should go too

Ok I read it and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Please read again.

Atlanta Falcons defensive coordinator Mike Nolan is destined to be under the microscope next week as management reflects on the 2013 season and tries to recover from an epic fall.

There is a good chance the Falcons could go in a different direction based on a multitude of defensive woes, some well beyond Nolan’s control. The Falcons rank 27th out of 32 teams in scoring defense, 29th in total defense, 29th in rushing defense, and 29th in pass defense going into Sunday’s finale against the Carolina Panthers.

Edited by Sandy5prings

You are....

wrong-wrong-wrong-wrong-o.gif

Guest Negatorris

If they fire him then they should fire the entire stsff. Every coach sucked this year. I don't know if he should be fired for the simple fact that this is the first time he's not had a respectable D on any team.

This Vaughn character is just another writer with an opinion. He doesn't claim to have any kind of inside knowledge of any kind. He said that Nolan is 'destined' to be under scrutiny based on 'statistics'. Not really any indication he knows anything. He is just making assumptions. You are reading WAY too much into this.

Just because an opinion is written by someone at ESPN doesn't make it any more than that, 'an opinion'....

Edited by Pringle

I doubt it.

LOL @ blaming Nolan. If Nolan gets fired, then I hope we crash and burn to get rid of the rest of the bums. This is Nolan's second year in the system and he lost his best player as well as having to deal with injuries to multiple guys.

This, Unless Nolan highlyendorsed all the players on defense and his position coaches, Nolan is the one I'm more comfortable leaving alone than any of the other coaches Smitty included.

Remember the 2012 song and dance here about how new coordinators would fix everything?

Well, most weren't happy with the OC choice to begin with and Koetter has been basically Mularky v2,0 now with screen passes.

Nolan did improve the defense last year, but in our attempt to go younger this year there have been some growing pains.

I'd rather keep Nolan over Koetter at this point.

Remember the 2012 song and dance here about how new coordinators would fix everything?

They took the same team to the NFC Championship game.

Then we gutted the o-line, failed to address the already inadequate d-line, and had a crap-ton of injuries. I'm not sure the coordinators are anywhere near the top of the list of problems to fix with this team. We need help in the trenches, and while the offensive line gets all the attention, IMHO, the d-line is a much bigger problem, both because we need more pieces and because those pieces are harder to find.

If we fire Nolan and keep TD, then we have no shot at winning a Super Bowl with Blank as our owner. I understand the stats for the D this year but I have seen Nolan make some remarkable adjustments considering who he has to work with. I feel as though we are a pass rusher and NT away from having a decent D.