Tony G Return?!

RI Falcon

Did I hear correctly on the TV Monday night? I swear I heard something about Tony saying, if the team was 9-2 or whatever, about to make a playoff run, and Atlanta called him, he'd highly consider coming back. Was my mind making things up, or was that actually said? I'd be OK with it. At that point I know his contract would be a very minimal one and it would really be for the ride to a potential Super Bowl even though I still think he'd be able to at least be a little help on the field to get us there.

Any confirmation on my ears hearing this/thoughts?

I might not mind him coming back for a playoff run if we made it to the playoffs next year.. but I would wonder if he would disrupt chemistry.. but I'd be totally ok with him playing 10-15 snaps each game, as a backup role, just because he deserves to get a ring. If we win the superbowl next year without him and Abe, I'd really wish they could get two rings to give them because honestly, they carried our team for years.. Tony G was the only person playing with passion this whole year it seems, only one who cared.. And clearly we see what happens to our D without Abe.

No, I really think this is it for Tony. While he has been GREAT for this team, he/we need to move on, and see what we have in Toilolo ---- I hope to be pleasantly surprised!

I mean, we have a decent back-up in Chase Coffman, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us take a TE late in the draft, or through FA, either...

I might not mind him coming back for a playoff run if we made it to the playoffs next year.. but I would wonder if he would disrupt chemistry.. but I'd be totally ok with him playing 10-15 snaps each game, as a backup role, just because he deserves to get a ring. If we win the superbowl next year without him and Abe, I'd really wish they could get two rings to give them because honestly, they carried our team for years.. Tony G was the only person playing with passion this whole year it seems, only one who cared.. And clearly we see what happens to our D without Abe.

I'm going to need you to tell me about that telecaster, friend. I spot a 21 fret neck and (brass?) 3 barrel vintage bridge.