Maori Mock Offseason

maorifalcon

With what we have we don't need alot of tinkering around, Saffold and Richardson will hold the o-line down. I think with improved play at the DT position, which we should get with Starks and Jones along with Babs and Peters the secondary will be fine. Decoud will return to his play making and dance moves. Mack and Attochu will make for a nasty outside combo and gives flexibilty to run 3-4 looks. Thomas will bring a legit home run threat, something we havent seen since Norwood.

Restructure-

Samuel, Nicholas (We need a Vet presence)

Resign-

Peters, MacClain, Coffman, Davis, Babs, Hawley

F/A-

Randy Starks- DT

Rodger Saffold- OT

Alex Mack- C

Draft

- 1st- Kalil Mack- OLB

2nd- Cyril Richardson- OG

3rd- Daquan Jones- DT

4th- Jerimiah Attochu - DE

4th (Comp) D'Anthony Thomas- RB/PR/KR

5th BPA

6th BPA

7th BPA

Edited by maorifalcon

trade the FA OT for a OG and I could be down with this.

id feel better if we also did a TE in the 4th or 5th. Dri Archer could return for us as well

I like Richardson because of his size and ability, A coupley nastys in the middle of our line is what we need.

As for TE, TBH I am happy with what Coffman brings to the table. He looked decent in the preseason with first team and I think he should be our number ahead of toilolo who really is just a redzone threat to me. Don't know who Archer is, but Thomas brings that legit threat everytime he has the ball in his hand/

Edited by maorifalcon

First off Merry Xmas and Happy New Year from the East Coast Bro.

I love the FA signings but if we bring in Starks what do you do with Babs.I like both but I see this as a trade off like they did with the Abe let go for Osi to me the exercise is one of futility.Honestly I don't like that.

So instead of Starks I'd get a guy like Linval Joseph instead you get a legit run stuffer/pocket mover and Babs can still fill the same role.Also Joseph could be had for alot cheaper.Joseph is already used in a rotation so for me he's a direct fit for what we do and with the Peters injury I really think he's a key go get.

Love the Mack signing I was against it a few weeks ago but for me adding him and Saffold solidifies the unit long term.

The Draft.

Mack normally I'd be all over this but I'm still on the come **** or high water train when it comes to Clowney.to me a trade up scenario can't be ruled out here and if he is still there At 4 and we are picking at 6 I'm seriously thinking of going up to get him.

I know trade up sounds like a train wreck for us but for DE has been a serious hole for too long and I want it fixed long term especially when it comes to RUN D our DE's are just average with regards to that I'm over it and I believe by adding the above he'll fix that.

Samuel's done in my eyes and Nicolas seems to have fallen out of favour though he did play well the other night unless we can get them back at favourable cap hits I'd let them hit the street.

Edited by kiwifalcon

First off Merry Xmas and Happy New Year from the East Coast Bro.

I love the FA signings but if we bring in Starks what do you do with Babs.I like both but I see this as a trade off like they did with the Abe let go for Osi to me the exercise is one of futility.Honestly I don't like that.

So instead of Starks I'd get a guy like Linval Joseph instead you get a legit run stuffer/pocket mover and Babs can still fill the same role.Also Joseph could be had for alot cheaper.Joseph is already used in a rotation so for me he's a direct fit for what we do and with the Peters injury I really think he's a key go get.

Love the Mack signing I was against it a few weeks ago but for me adding him and Saffold solidifies the unit long term.

The Draft.

Mack normally I'd be all over this but I'm still on the come **** or high water train when it comes to Clowney.to me a trade up scenario can't be ruled out here and if he is still there At 4 and we are picking at 6 I'm seriously thinking of going up to get him.

I know trade up sounds like a train wreck for us but for DE has been a serious hole for too long and I want it fixed long term especially when it comes to RUN D our DE's are just average with regards to that I'm over it and I believe by adding the above he'll fix that.

Samuel's done in my eyes and Nicolas seems to have fallen out of favour though he did play well the other night unless we can get them back at favourable cap hits I'd let them hit the street.

Merry kirihimete bro...ill be down there next week, well almost going out te kaha and torere.

I like having two good penetrating DTs along with Big boys. Id honestly consoder drafying sutton in the 3rd because he is so disruptive yhough undersized. Maybe scrap the starks signing and pick up a big NT.

As for the trade up, I cant go with that bro. Ive watched barr, mack and clowney and I honestly think mack is the safest of the lot. He is basically the next von miller.

Attachu was to keep the homers happy lol, he is fierce. He is a better Maponga