Who Would Have Thought After 08' Season

swiffcheese

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i expected more playoff success, but fewer playoff appearances. Given that the Falcons had never had consecutive winning seasons, 5 straight was definitely more than any Falcons fan could have expected. Our history had been set in stone - through multiple HCs and multiple QBs: good season-bad season-great season-terrible season- bad season-bad season-good season- bad season-terrible season...

6 years in 1 playoff win with Smith, TD and Ryan

I wouldn't have

Really? The falcons are 7-12 in the playoffs all time. Where did you get these unrealistic expectations from? Are you new to Atlanta?

Dimitroff is pretty much keeping pace with every other GM in falcons history. About 1 win every half decade. A lot more playoff appearances though, considering how we were 6-8 before he came around. Dimitroff must have hurt your feelings by giving you false hope during that 5 month stretch in 08, and now your taking it out any and everybody. It'll be ok, I promise. One day we will go back to not even sniffing the playoffs on a regular bases and you won't have to worry about Dimitroff, Smith, and Ryan's honest attempts at success.

Edited by abstract

Really? The falcons are 7-12 in the playoffs all time. Where did you get these unrealistic expectations from? Are you new to Atlanta?

Dimitroff is pretty much keeping pace with every other GM in falcons history. About 1 win every half decade. A lot more playoff appearances though, considering how we were 6-8 before he came around. Dimitroff must have hurt your feelings by giving you false hope during that 5 month stretch in 08, and now your taking it out any and everybody. It'll be ok, I promise. One day we will go back to not even sniffing the playoffs on a regular bases and you won't have to worry about Dimitroff, Smith, and Ryan's honest attempts at success.

What happened to all those old coaches and GMs? I seem to remember them being let go. So if TD is keeping with the status quo and those guys got the boot for creating the status quo, then doesn't that mean TD should get the boot as well?

I was expecting a down year just not as bad as it's been. This team is fundamentally weak and I blame TD for not fitting the correct players for our coaches scheme. It's like after the packers playoffs loss, TD wanted more flashy firepower and forgot what got us those wins in the first place. People can hate on Smitty but I think he's done wonders with what TD has given him. Honestly, we may have the worst talent in the division overall.

What happened to all those old coaches and GMs? I seem to remember them being let go. So if TD is keeping with the status quo and those guys got the boot for creating the status quo, then doesn't that mean TD should get the boot as well?

In 41 years the falcons had 14 playoff appearnces. In the last 6 they have had 4. Now I'm not very good at math, but I'm alright with english. And I can tell you that whoever told you the definition of "status quo" probably lied to you.

I was expecting a down year just not as bad as it's been. This team is fundamentally weak and I blame TD for not fitting the correct players for our coaches scheme. It's like after the packers playoffs loss, TD wanted more flashy firepower and forgot what got us those wins in the first place. People can hate on Smitty but I think he's done wonders with what TD has given him. Honestly, we may have the worst talent in the division overall.

+1 That's why TD has to go.

The change in offensive philosophy after 2010 is the most problematic. Not only could TD not gauge his team, but QB either. TD rolled the

dice, but came up craps this year...return to NFCCG/youth movement/30yr old F/As.

In 41 years the falcons had 14 playoff appearnces. In the last 6 they have had 4. Now I'm not very good at math, but I'm alright with english. And I can tell you that whoever told you the definition of "status quo" probably lied to you.

Thanks for the vocab lesson. So increasing playoff appearances, but not increasing wins per playoff appearances is still an improvement to you? If the radio is one playoff win per decade, but prior we had less playoff appearances, then we have actually decreased our playoff win to playoff appears radio with TD. So it really matters if you care more about playoff wins or playoff appearances. I care more about wins. Look at the braves. All those appearances, but little to show for it means nothing overall.

The braves have little to show for their success in the 90's? Maybe if your talking to a Yankee's, Red Sox, or Giants fan. I'm pretty sure everybody else is pretty impressed with what our soon to be 5(or 6) HOF's did during that time span. Not to mention winning more division titles in a row than anyone else...ever.

1 out of 32(in football) wins the championship every year. Don't get me wrong, I want a super bowl win bad. Really bad. But I have quite enjoyed watching meaningful football games every fall(except this one) for the past 6 years.

Edited by abstract

The braves have little to show for their success in the 90's? Maybe if your talking to a Yankee's, Red Sox, or Giants fan. I'm pretty sure everybody else is pretty impressed with what our soon to be 5 HOF's did during that time span. Not to mention winning more division titles in a row than anyone else...ever.

1 out of 32(in football) wins the championship every year. Don't get me wrong, I want a super bowl win bad. Really bad. But I have quite enjoyed watching meaningful football games every fall(except this one) for the past 6 years.

10000231-00-00-00-00_lg.png

Those are consolation prizes at best. I bet if you ask Chipper or any other brave if they would trade all those division titles for a World series trophy, I am willing to bet that they would have said yes.

Those wins are meaningless now. They did not help propel this team to greatness. I would trade them all and the next 5 years worth of wins for a SB.