BankerBird™

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballta...peeding-ticket/

Clowney gets another speeding ticket

Posted by Mike Florio on December 26, 2013, 6:27 PM EST

As defensive end Jadeveon Clowney counts down his launch to the NFL, he perhaps should go a little easier on the rocket fuel.

For the second time this month, Clowney has been ticketed for speeding in South Carolina. According to the State, Clowney received a $445 ticket Thursday morning for allegedly driving 84 miles per hour in a 55-mph zone.

Coach Steve Spurrier addressed the situation while also making it even more obvious that Clowney will be leaving the school with two years of eligibility remaining.

“I tell you, he needs to go to driving school doesn’t he?” Spurrier said at a press conference in Orlando conducted in connection with the team’s upcoming bowl game appearance. “At least he’ll have enough money to pay for it in a week or so. Hopefully, they’ll send him [to driving school] after the bowl game.”

Clowney previously was cited for driving 110 miles per hour, 40 mph above the posted limit.

The good news is he may not get any more tickets in the near future. Because he was exceeding the speed limit by more than 25 miles per hour on both occasions, he faces a maximum point penalty of six for each of the events, which could trigger a suspension of his license by putting him at 12 points.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000304379/article/jadeveon-clowney-cited-for-speeding-could-lose-license

South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney could lose his driver's license after being ticketed for speeding for the second time this month.

Clowney was cited for driving 84 mph in a 55-mph zone Thursday morning, The State reported.

Clowney was previously stopped for driving 110 mph in a 70-mph zone.

Any traffic stop for driving more than 25 mph over the speed limit could result in a maximum of six points being levied against Clowney's license. Drivers in South Carolina have their license suspended after accumulating 12 points.

Clowney (6-foot-6, 274 pounds) is arguably the most talented player in all of college football, an explosive presence off the edge capable of wreaking havoc in opposing backfields. However, he has just three sacks among his 10.5 tackles for loss this season and has been criticized for inconsistent effort.

With some evaluators already regarding Clowney as a boom-or-bust prospect, this second speeding ticket points to a larger pattern of questionable conduct for the junior, who is expected to declare for the 2014 NFL Draft after the Gamecocks' Jan. 1 appearance in the Capital One Bowl against Wisconsin.

Clowney can try to alleviate those concerns with a dominant showing against the Badgers and then throughout the pre-draft process. It's possible, though, that the one-time heavy favorite to be the No. 1 overall pick will have to endure a slightly longer than expected wait on draft day.

He doesn't even have the aptitude to realize he needs to chill until after the draft. You'd think w/ all the questions surrounding his performance this year, he'd try to stay squeaky clean.

This tells me he's got a 2 cent head, he's entitled, a prima donna and wont take personal responsibility nor learn from his actions.

It's a speeding ticket. Sure, it's his 2nd in a month. but he's also 20. how many guys get speeding tickets at 20?

It does give a sense of entitlement. I was broke when I got my 1st speeding ticket and when I saw the price I was like never again. He knows he's going to be rich soon so he's not as worried.

Most of us just want a player who is conscious of the consequences and I think it becomes a concern that he doesn't care and may think his talent supersedes these things. That draws a concern for when major issues come up.

Its like a gateway drug situation. When he gets in the NFL the temptation and peer pressure is going to become much more massive than they are now.

Now I hope he understands that there are more questions about him than before. There was already a little buzz there.

It does give a sense of entitlement. I was broke when I got my 1st speeding ticket and when I saw the price I was like never again. He knows he's going to be rich soon so he's not as worried.

Most of us just want a player who is conscious of the consequences and I think it becomes a concern that he doesn't care and may think his talent supersedes these things. That draws a concern for when major issues come up.

Its like a gateway drug situation. When he gets in the NFL the temptation and peer pressure is going to become much more massive than they are now.

Now I hope he understands that there are more questions about him than before. There was already a little buzz there.

Speeding tickets don't mean negative character to anyone in the NFL. No one gives a **** about them.

I didn't know getting multiple speeding tickets means acting entitled. I grew up in the poorest neighborhood in Miami and got a lot of speeding tickets. Who knew that means I was acting entitled. Learn something new everyday

It doesn't mean everybody but he has to understand what position he is in. He is in a much different position than you or I or a McDonald's working.

Matter of fact he is interviewing for a job from now until the draft. It comes with the territory of having millions. More money, more problem. The sense of entitlement comes from the fact that it APPEARS that he doesn't care or doesn't understand the microscope he is under.

Not saying its fair but instead of worrying about what's not fair if he is worried about it, he should learn that he is gonna be held to a higher standard and that these GMs are POSSIBLY going to look at these speeding tickets in 2 weeks as a negative ESPECIALLY when he had a lil bit of negativity surrounding him already.

You can't treat him like you or a McDonald's employee. People are expected to pay you millions if you fux up. That's a different element that you have to factor in.

His biggest thing he has to learn is that he is constantly on an interview and he has to act accordingly.

Plus speeding is technically dangerous regardless of how often it happens. Spend a top pick on Clowney and now he is speeding and crashes. He could die, get injured, kill somebody else.

Don't just look at it as young kid speeding. Look at the different elements.

I didn't know getting multiple speeding tickets means acting entitled. I grew up in the poorest neighborhood in Miami and got a lot of speeding tickets. Who knew that means I was acting entitled. Learn something new everyday

Just ask Robert Quinn. He had speeding tickets leading up to the draft. 3 in a 2 month span in Charleston. No NFL team ever cared. All were over 80 in 45-55 speed zones.

Speeding tickets don't mean negative character to anyone in the NFL. No one gives a **** about them.

Stop just looking at the speeding tickets alone.

I'm not saying he is negative because of speeding tickets. I still like the kid.

I'm advising that he has to depend on the perception and he can only control what others perceive by doing the right thing. There are consequences to doing the wrong thing no matter how ridiculous it sounds to you or me.

And most GMs aren't really concerned about the speeding tickets per se but the fact that he either doesn't know this brings a negative perception or doesn't care.

He is leaving it up to the GMs to decide which option it is.

It doesn't mean everybody but he has to understand what position he is in. He is in a much different position than you or I or a McDonald's working.

Matter of fact he is interviewing for a job from now until the draft. It comes with the territory of having millions. More money, more problem. The sense of entitlement comes from the fact that it APPEARS that he doesn't care or doesn't understand the microscope he is under.

Not saying its fair but instead of worrying about what's not fair if he is worried about it, he should learn that he is gonna be held to a higher standard and that these GMs are POSSIBLY going to look at these speeding tickets in 2 weeks as a negative ESPECIALLY when he had a lil bit of negativity surrounding him already.

You can't treat him like you or a McDonald's employee. People are expected to pay you millions if you fux up. That's a different element that you have to factor in.

His biggest thing he has to learn is that he is constantly on an interview and he has to act accordingly.

Plus speeding is technically dangerous regardless of how often it happens. Spend a top pick on Clowney and now he is speeding and crashes. He could die, get injured, kill somebody else.

Don't just look at it as young kid speeding. Look at the different elements.

speeding is dangerous. I think all teens should have to take a defensive driving course. But he is acting like a lot of people. Having a lead foot doesn't mean acting entitled. Just means immature. I expect most 20 year olds to be immature about some things