Who Has Played The Best This Year? Who Has Totally Flopped ?

Best: Bosher - he was pretty consistent and dependable all season.

Honorable mention - Julio. Before the injury he was straight beasting.

Worst: Konz. To be inserted in the lineup last season to play beside McClure and get

experience at RG and then to look so bad at his natural position, makes him hands down the

biggest flop. DeCoud runner-up.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Negatorris

Best is Ryan. Manning nor Brady would put up better stats in this offense this year.

Worst is Holmes. Dude does not care about his job. No passion, no heart, and just pure lazy. I don't understand how a player trying to get a starting role in the NFL comes into a season ridiculously out of shape. He is mentally slow and his technique is horrible. Playing the Tackle position seems to be a chore to him. Horrible player who needs to be canned immediately.

Bosher has performed the best, by a significant margin, of any Falcon this season.

Konz and Asante have performed the worst, given what was expected of them.

SJax has been the biggest disappointment, because he was expected to be able to make up for a subpar OL and his drop in the season opener was such a bad play in a key spot that got the season off on a bad foot.

lol gtfo

As I was saying, been a Falcons fan since the days of Atlanta Fulton County Stadium. Decided not to invest too much of my sanity in the team this year once it was clear this wasn't our year. Spent too much of my sanity on the team last year, and I've benefited from the break.

While feeling increasingly conflicted about supporting a sport that too often leaves its players in terrible mental and physical condition after the game is done with them, this year also brought much more important lessons with a good friend dying of brain cancer. He's 42, played LB for CU back in the day. He'll be lucky to live another month or two and he leaves behind a son. He remains a Broncos fan to this day, but me? It was good to take the year off and focus on my own work, wife, and kids.

Love your teams but remember that they aren't important at all. The people in your life are.

As I was saying, been a Falcons fan since the days of Atlanta Fulton County Stadium. Decided not to invest too much of my sanity in the team this year once it was clear this wasn't our year. Spent too much of my sanity on the team last year, and I've benefited from the break.

While feeling increasingly conflicted about supporting a sport that too often leaves its players in terrible mental and physical condition after the game is done with them, this year also brought much more important lessons with a good friend dying of brain cancer. He's 42, played LB for CU back in the day. He'll be lucky to live another month or two and he leaves behind a son. He remains a Broncos fan to this day, but me? It was good to take the year off and focus on my own work, wife, and kids.

Love your teams but remember that they aren't important at all. The people in your life are.

I agree 100% with you. I've been a fan since the late '80s. I've watched all but something like 4 games in the last 10 years. There was a time when a loss by the Falcons would ruin my entire day & possibly the next one as well (depending on the circumstances). However, something changed for me this season.

I thought we would suffer a bit of a setback prior to the start of this season, but had no idea it would get to the point it did. I watched the first few weeks, and knew we were screwed... so I stopped watching. I would still keep up, checking the score online occasionally, etc. but no longer was I going to get up early after working late the night before, drive all the way across town to a sports bar, pay a bunch of money for some mediocre food, and get stressed out watching this team fall apart. Been there, done that.

Maybe it's because until recently, this team has been d@mned near terrible far more often than it has been good. Some of us have been getting our hearts broken too long to continue to set ourselves up for disappointment.

By the time you get in your mid 30s, you start to realize how absurd it is to hinge so much of your own time, energy, health, and happiness on something you have absolutely zero control over. You start to realize that you can still cheer for this team to do well, and when they aren't & it is obvious they are not going to make the playoffs, you find something far more productive to do with yourself.

If this make me a "fair-weather fan", so be it. Ultimately, sports are nothing more than entertainment. If your favorite band puts out a sh!tty record, do you buy it & tell everyone else how great it is

(knowing full well yourself that it is awful)? Or do you say to yourself, "D@mn, I expected a little more out of these guys. Oh, well, hopefully the next one will be better"?

I agree 100% with you. I've been a fan since the late '80s. I've watched all but something like 4 games in the last 10 years. There was a time when a loss by the Falcons would ruin my entire day & possibly the next one as well (depending on the circumstances). However, something changed for me this season.

I thought we would suffer a bit of a setback prior to the start of this season, but had no idea it would get to the point it did. I watched the first few weeks, and knew we were screwed... so I stopped watching. I would still keep up, checking the score online occasionally, etc. but no longer was I going to get up early after working late the night before, drive all the way across town to a sports bar, pay a bunch of money for some mediocre food, and get stressed out watching this team fall apart. Been there, done that.

Maybe it's because until recently, this team has been d@mned near terrible far more often than it has been good. Some of us have been getting our hearts broken too long to continue to set ourselves up for disappointment.

By the time you get in your mid 30s, you start to realize how absurd it is to hinge so much of your own time, energy, health, and happiness on something you have absolutely zero control over. You start to realize that you can still cheer for this team to do well, and when they aren't & it is obvious they are not going to make the playoffs, you find something far more productive to do with yourself.

If this make me a "fair-weather fan", so be it. Ultimately, sports are nothing more than entertainment. If your favorite band puts out a sh!tty record, do you buy it & tell everyone else how great it is

(knowing full well yourself that it is awful)? Or do you say to yourself, "D@mn, I expected a little more out of these guys. Oh, well, hopefully the next one will be better"?

I certainly understand and respect that sentiment, to each his own. For me I work long hours of hoping to make enough to help support my kids and put back something for retirement etc. It's really all I have time for is work .Falcons football isn't my life but it is a welcome distraction/escape from my life. I understand if you have to put money into it or over the top drive time, I can spend a few minutes a day here 3 hours on game day and not think a second about work. Its a good place to get away to hoot and holler and have an attachment too. Put much more into it as a kid, but hopefully I'ver found a healthy balance, got February- September for other stuff too.

So basically you're boycotting football? Because a Falcons game is, at most, 5 hours out of every 168 hours...pretty easy for me to focus on my own work, wife, and kid and watch a Falcons game every week for 16+ weeks. Sorry about your friend

So basically you're boycotting football? Because a Falcons game is, at most, 5 hours out of every 168 hours...pretty easy for me to focus on my own work, wife, and kid and watch a Falcons game every week for 16+ weeks. Sorry about your friend

Pretty much, at least this year. No following blogs or message boards, no NFL Network or ESPN, no MNF or SNF or TNF or ... Can't say I've missed it all that much, but I really wanted to see the Falcons take the next step this year and it sucks that they didn't. Oh well.