Could Td Draft Two Dt's With Our Top 3 Picks

primetime

It just hit me with the Corey Peters injury and Babs and Jelly FA's that TD could double up on DT's like he did last season at cb. Peters will be out till the start of the season at best and even then will struggle to hit top form until the second half. I think our first pick will be BPA at OT or DE/OLB however our 2nd and 3rd picks could be DT's. the only way this doesn't happen as I see it is either;

Resign Babs or PJ - I'd be OK if they were team friendly as Babs is 34 and PJ is solid but unspectacular and rotation at best. Either way these guys have been a real weakness in the run game.

Or we pickup a stout DT in FA - this guy needs to be a run stuffer. However we really need to address the oline with FA pickups (ideally two starters) so there might not be a lot of cash to go round.

TD will reach for players if needed - I can see the double dip at DT happening here. I also see him resigning PJ for a fairly decent deal as he's TD's pick and hasn't done enough to warrant a huge contract somewhere else.

We also need a knuckle dragging DE. We need a true slot receiver, not HD. We need a slot man in the mode of Welker or Amendola (SP). We need a speed back , KR and PR, these can be obtained in the later rounds. I don't see HD returning and Quizz is just about useless. He is neither fast, quick, or elusive. He does not have the talent for any of his jobs.

I agree that we should be a player in the free agent market. W e will have about 9 mill coming off the books due to cuts and FA losses , so we will have money to spend. We have a lot of holes to fill.

We also need a knuckle dragging DE. We need a true slot receiver, not HD. We need a slot man in the mode of Welker or Amendola (SP). We need a speed back , KR and PR, these can be obtained in the later rounds. I don't see HD returning and Quizz is just about useless. He is neither fast, quick, or elusive. He does not have the talent for any of his jobs.

I agree that we should be a player in the free agent market. W e will have about 9 mill coming off the books due to cuts and FA losses , so we will have money to spend. We have a lot of holes to fill.

HD83 is signed through 2015 and has a 1k season. He'll be back

Unless the o-line has already been addressed in FA, then that draft would be a huge failure

Agree. I could see us going OT first and second and 3rd on DTs. Or maybe Hageman if he blows up the combine with the first pick--right now he's not top 10 ranked --followed by OT or OG and a space eater in 3rd

If we have 1 OL and 2 DTs I'd be happy, unless we get Clowney

But it's hard to get good FA OL. Easier to find FA DTs.

As far as DE goes if no Clowney, I'd rather sign Michael Johnson

man HD aint goin nowhere, idk where you ppl are getting all this slot talk from, all HD had to do was hit 1k and the staff is sold. Also i dont think we need a speed back because we have antone smith who has shown to be perfectly capable of playing that role. IMO quizz could be cut as smith is more valuable.

While its possible I would say address DT via Free agency(Joseph,Houston,Jones,Cody,Raji) I would say add 2 from that list and resign peters. In the 1st round go Mack,Matthews or small chance of Clowney, in the 2nd our priorities should be RG(Richardson,Yankey,Jackson) will all be a nice addition, in the 3rd look for a DT like Sutton,Donald or McCullers and then look for a OT like JuWaan James or Moses in the 4th

While its possible I would say address DT via Free agency(Joseph,Houston,Jones,Cody,Raji) I would say add 2 from that list and resign peters. In the 1st round go Mack,Matthews or small chance of Clowney, in the 2nd our priorities should be RG(Richardson,Yankey,Jackson) will all be a nice addition, in the 3rd look for a DT like Sutton,Donald or McCullers and then look for a OT like JuWaan James or Moses in the 4th

id like to see us resign peters and either joseph or walker, then get donald in the second. Guard should be addressed in FA we need vets on our oline. Id try to nab mccullers in the fourth and james in the third or vice versa, i think james is ranked higher though.

id like to see us resign peters and either joseph or walker, then get donald in the second. Guard should be addressed in FA we need vets on our oline. Id try to nab mccullers in the fourth and james in the third or vice versa, i think james is ranked higher though.

I agree with everything except McCullers. I'm not really impressed with him.

I rather get a vet at C like Mack, and possibly sign a RT like Schwartz. Get a rookie RG in the Draft, I think a guard can be successful sooner than an OT. Get someone like Moses or James to develop behind Schwartz

I rather get a vet at C like Mack, and possibly sign a RT like Schwartz. Get a rookie RG in the Draft, I think a guard can be successful sooner than an OT. Get someone like Moses or James to develop behind Schwartz

i actually like what we are getting from hawley and i think he deserves a shot to start. Mack will command some hella cash. I agree that a rookie guard would be better than tackle, but my presumption is that the coaching staff will stick with holmes and baker as the starting tackles, i wont agree with it but i just feel it, that makes it more viable to get a proven guard and a back up tackle in the draft.

Just Watching the Chicago v eagles game. I knew that they oline drafted 2 rookies on their right side but I didn't realise the left were both FA additions. They completely rebuilt that line and it is very solid in the run and pass. No reason we can't add 1 or 2 FA olineman for C, right OG and right OT. The left side is a lock with baker/Holmes and blalock. I think we have enough future potential at the line in Holmes, Konz, schraeder, gunn etc. we need solid starters now. Apart from an OT in the first or OG in the second I think we go DT early. The big question is who do we resign - peters is a lock as I see it but what about PJ or Babs??????

EDIT: oline hasn't looked as good as the game has progressed :-(

Edited by primetime

Just Watching the Chicago v eagles game. I knew that they oline drafted 2 rookies on their right side but I didn't realise the left were both FA additions. They completely rebuilt that line and it is very solid in the run and pass. No reason we can't add 1 or 2 FA olineman for C, right OG and right OT. The left side is a lock with baker/Holmes and blalock. I think we have enough future potential at the line in Holmes, Konz, schraeder, gunn etc. we need solid starters now. Apart from an OT in the first or OG in the second I think we go DT early. The big question is who do we resign - peters is a lock as I see it but what about PJ or Babs??????

EDIT: oline hasn't looked as good as the game has progressed :-(

If we went with Blalock, Hawley and baker and added Matthews or Robinson or Lewan or Erving and a guy like Richardson later on in draft we'd be solid now and future. For one, Holmes could be cheap depth with starter experience in 14. Two Shraeder could develop as well as Konz. Flash forward 15, you cut baker, move our first pick to LT, move a more experienced and conditioned Holmes or Shraeder to RT, maybe Konz beats Hawley and were young but good for the long run.

If we went with Blalock, Hawley and baker and added Matthews or Robinson or Lewan or Erving and a guy like Richardson later on in draft we'd be solid now and future. For one, Holmes could be cheap depth with starter experience in 14. Two Shraeder could develop as well as Konz. Flash forward 15, you cut baker, move our first pick to LT, move a more experienced and conditioned Holmes or Shraeder to RT, maybe Konz beats Hawley and were young but good for the long run.

Honestly we just need one quality vet starter at either RG or RT. we can't go with two rookies on the right side for next season. I'm happy to keep Schroeder and Konz but we need to get at least one immediate quality vet starter (if not two if we include centre also)