Bartu And Nicholas

me4falcons

I thought Bartu had a great game against a Playoff team like the Niners with his 11 tackles 1 TFL. He's gone unnoticed

but has been solid and seems to get better and better.

Also Nick is letting people know he can still play this game and play at a high level. 11 tackles 2 TFL 1 PD 1 sack

giving props where props is due.

Edited by me4falcons

Bartu's been very solid. He and the LBs will benefit from a better front four allowing them to roam and make plays.

Nich has always been solid IMO. Nothing special but he left a bad taste in a lot of people mouths after last years playoffs.

We save 2 million cutting him. He's probably gone unless we renegotiate...

Nic was solid, but he's still behind Worrilow, Bartu, and Spoon on the depth chart. The first two of which at least are constantly improving. Point is, Nic still isn't worth his price point, and Dent is better at ST. If we could cut Nic's cap hit to about 1mil, though, then I'd be OK with it.

Edited by hjerry

Nic was solid, but he's still behind Worrilow, Bartu, and Spoon on the depth chart. The first two of which at least are constantly improving. Point is, Nic still isn't worth his price point, and Dent is better at ST. If we could cut Nic's cap hit to about 1mil, though, then I'd be OK with it.

Yeah but, it was great having a veteran presence out there with those rookies. Maybe he should have been starting because

it was clear SW56 wasn't healthy.

This thread will go downhill fast once the Nic apologist gets here, so I'm glad that I got my post in first.

This topic was about giving props to Bartu and Nick for a solid game against a playoff team.

Although too bad our DTs where getting push off the ball so often.

Edited by me4falcons

Nich gets a bad rap, he's a very good football player. Our entire defense struggled with tightends last season, the scheme was as much a problem as him. I'd love to keep him as depth on a restructured deal

no we didn't, we contained TEs very well except for Jimmy Graham but we shut him down the second game. we struggled against mobile read-option QBs and besides in the play-offs the only other TE that had a good day against us was Olsen for the Panthers, another team with a RO QB. people wanted Nic on the bench and that's where he went but when he got to play he only did what he's always done. be solid and play lights out.

Nick played one of the best games of our linebackers this year. Not sure why they don't give him a shot. It's not like he was just making tackles beyond the line of scrimmage like some of our backers get praised for. He was also able to make one on one tackles. In the past two weeks I've seen a backer that's been given a lot of praise miss several one on one tackles. Nick made impact plays in that game. Some of us see what we want to see.

no we didn't, we contained TEs very well except for Jimmy Graham but we shut him down the second game. we struggled against mobile read-option QBs and besides in the play-offs the only other TE that had a good day against us was Olsen for the Panthers, another team with a RO QB. people wanted Nic on the bench and that's where he went but when he got to play he only did what he's always done. be solid and play lights out.

End of thread

Nick played one of the best games of our linebackers this year. Not sure why they don't give him a shot. It's not like he was just making tackles beyond the line of scrimmage like some of our backers get praised for. He was also able to make one on one tackles. In the past two weeks I've seen a backer that's been given a lot of praise miss several one on one tackles. Nick made impact plays in that game. Some of us see what we want to see.

I thinly veiled swipe at Warrilow. LoL. Whitey Hater in the hizzie !!!

I'm over Spoon.

I dont think Nic brings enough to warrant his cap hit. We can use it to shore up the Lines and Bartu/Worrilow can substitute him just fine.

I dont think Nic brings enough to warrant his cap hit. We can use it to shore up the Lines and Bartu/Worrilow can substitute him just fine.

Nic isn't paid hat much anyways so just keep him

we've struggled against tight ends since Smith has been here. Not to the level that we do against Graham, and did against Miller and Davis, but we have. Not saying 150 yard games every week but they've always found soft spots in our zones.