Outside The Lines

I truly feel like this team is a monster DT and backup + a mean OG & OT from being a contender again.

I feel like trading up at all for Clowney is a terrible idea, and I really endorse the notion of going 3-4 and picking up Khalil Mack if we do miss on Clowney.

That being said;

What positions do you hope we fill in FA/Draft after seeing us play what was arguably our toughest game?

I really think DeCoud needs to go. I hope we get lucky and find a FS in the draft, or my personal favorite - move McClain to FS and Franks to NB (Franks is really not a bad DB, not good but not bad either), and then pick up a FA/Draft FS.

We also need a project RB, a downhill, SJax style one. We have our Sproles and speedster guys already.

Outside the DTx2 and OG/OT I think we need:

OLB/DE (for 3-4)

FS

RB - big guy, my dream would be Todd Gurley but ....

FB (Ewing needs to go and DiMarco is too small imo)

Thoughts?

I truly feel like this team is a monster DT and backup + a mean OG & OT from being a contender again.

I feel like trading up at all for Clowney is a terrible idea, and I really endorse the notion of going 3-4 and picking up Khalil Mack if we do miss on Clowney.

That being said;

What positions do you hope we fill in FA/Draft after seeing us play what was arguably our toughest game?

I really think DeCoud needs to go. I hope we get lucky and find a FS in the draft, or my personal favorite - move McClain to FS and Franks to NB (Franks is really not a bad DB, not good but not bad either), and then pick up a FA/Draft FS.

We also need a project RB, a downhill, SJax style one. We have our Sproles and speedster guys already.

Outside the DTx2 and OG/OT I think we need:

OLB/DE (for 3-4)

FS

RB - big guy, my dream would be Todd Gurley but ....

FB (Ewing needs to go and DiMarco is too small imo)

Thoughts?

Why do we need a Steven Jackson type RB when we already have Steven Jackson. Also, no one on the team is Sproles like. Quizz has nowhere near Sproles speed or ability to break a big run off. We need speed, speed, speed at the position to go along with Jackson.

Todd Gurley is not going to be worth a **** in the NFL. Highly overrated and injury prone.

We need a big NT in the middle. Gore could have been dropped many times last night had a LB playing 10' off the line not had to make the tackles.

I couldn't care less if we get Clowney, because we need a push in the middle, to get a better pass rush on the edges anyway. We need a high motor smart player on D be it a LB, safety or NT.

Sorry but I'd put the O-line needs ahead of the DTs

and for about 2 years I've written about the need of better DTs so I fully understand that

the DTs are BAD but the entire O-line is TERRIBLE

No doubt about it the OL is terrible, but did you see our defense getting gashed on the run last night. The OL needs to be addressed, because we are dead last in rushing.

Sorry but I'd put the O-line needs ahead of the DTs

and for about 2 years I've written about the need of better DTs so I fully understand that

the DTs are BAD but the entire O-line is TERRIBLE

If we take OG/OT in the 1st 4 rounds and pick up one or two in FA we will be set. Combine that with a DT or two and we should be good to go I think.

Honestly the lines might be better addressed in FA anyway, but I think we have to go OL/DL in the 1st 4.