Why Does Last Night Still Hurt So Bad The Following Morning?!

RI Falcon

I am still absolutely miserable after last night's loss. In a game where we had nothing to play for, I reacted to a loss like it was the Super Bowl. In a season full of injuries, poor calls, and unlucky turnovers, last night was a culmination of everything. A team playing for a playoff spot, their last game in a stadium that has all but tortured the Falcons for the last two decades, and let alone a team that stopped us just short of the Super Bowl. A win last night would have been a cherry on top of the crap sundae that is this season. It would have been one bright spot to look at as we wait for next year. I'm not going to point fingers, everyone played their part. Whether it was Douglas' butter fingers, or Osi somehow not knowing where the line of scrimmage was, one of our best DT's going down, or horrible, horrible calls from the ref doesn't matter. We should have won last night, and fell short in the most dramatic fashion. Now rather than a win to look at all off-season as a bright spot for next year, we've got this to look at as the definition of our season. I don't even care about next week, I'm not a tanker in the least, but I just don't care now.

Here's to a season nearly as rough as 07 but in a different way. Here's to hoping this team gets everyone back healthy and makes the right moves to get us on track next year. I heard the announcers mention Tony would consider coming back if we were 9-2 in a run for the playoffs and called him up. Let's get to that point, let's bring him in for cheap late next year and get him that dang ring we should be fighting for this year. Enjoy Christmas with family and friends TATF, I'll sure as heck be doing that.. with a ton of alcohol to drown this season out.

Not sure why you are hung up over a meaningless game we were suppose to lose anyway.You took this game way too seriously. We were a 4 win team in a lost season going into a powerhouse and we really put it to them. Gruden even mentioned how shocked he was.

The Falcons didn't lay down and gave them all they could handle and that in it's own is a remarkable achievement at this point in the season. I am proud of the way they fought out there.

Last nights loss was embarrassing in a way that only the Falcons could have provided. It was like Dieon getting the int on Jeff George, and the "My House" thing afterwards. Like losing to the Bears many years ago and Ditka holding up the championship rodeo belt buckle, because Ditka was making fun of Glanville for having a California state champion trophy made the week before. It was Chris Miller shooting us the Bird. Losing to the Panthers when they had no QB playing most of the game. Iw ould mention the David Archer era, but there were way too many embarrassing moment for that.

Dishonorable mentions go to Eugene Robinson and his gotta have a BJ moment, Michael Vick for going to Prison, and Joey Harrington for just plain all out sucking.

Shyt I forgot the blowout losses to the Packers and Giants in the playoffs.

Edited by 4dabirds

except for last year, 49ers havent really been a big rival of ours for over a decade. It sucks but its not too bad, honestly its kinda good as if the 49ers win next week, along with the bucs and panthers, the saints dont make it in the playoffs... if we won, the saints would have an easier chance for the wildcard.

I don't mind that we lost, cause our draft position, but the thing I did care about is we finally showed some fire and desire to win (minus a few players, holmes schaerder konz mcclain) and we did pretty good.. This is a team that went to the superbowl last year, and is arguably top 4 in the NFL right now with a beastmode defense and we held up great against them even with a craptastic OL and refs screwing us over. If that was Julio on the last play of the game (let alone the other 3 quarters) it wouldnt even be close, we'd win a blowout.

Only thing that concerns me now is these 3rd quarter slumps still happening... inexcusable. But once we pick up a few vet OL and DL this offseason and get Julio and Roddy at full health, we should be golden..