I Was Actually Proud Of How We Played

Nono

Sounds weird, but I was kinda proud given what I have seen the last 15 weeks. Gruden said it best we were starting 6 rookies on D, and the offense is slowly coming together. SJax played inspired after he got jacked, and Roddy and Tony played good. All in all another crappy loss, but I thought we would get embarrassed given our fragmented team and all the special events at Candlestick.

Some good players have emerged like Motta. Hel, Nicholas played good.

I am beginning to think we just had one sheet year and this coaching staff will figure this out.

Edited by Nono

Guest fibonacci

Ha, you have to admit for an UDFA he has played ok at times. We have learned the hard way what kind of depth we got.

i wish have got to see him at the start of the season. Because right now a lot of people are happy just to see anything over decoud.

i thought he was a late round pick. He's played ok at times but the big plays given up outweigh that, just like decoud

Honestly I thought we were going to get killed and we played inspired and had a chance to tie if not for a stupid play but you could go down the schedule and tweak one play in each game and we might be 7-8 not 4-11 starting with SJax dropping the TD pass against the aints in week one

Edited by Nono

Honestly I thought we were going to get killed and we played inspired and had a chance to tie if not for a stupid play but you could go down the schedule and tweak one play in each game and we might be 7-8 not 4-11 starting with SJax dropping the TD pass against the aints in week one

there were more than those one plays that lead to the defeat so I don't see the point in focusing on one play. But in the end they played with heart and got beat again. The issues with this team are pretty obvious. We'll see if they get fixed or not.

In chat during the games this year, (sorry I dont remember who does it each week), someone writes...."If you choose X Qtr for when our defense would completely give up, you have won the pool" I usually found myself shaking my head, but laughing....the good news after this game, even despite a pathetic 3d Qtr, didnt see anyone laying down....

**Playcalling (coaches) sucked AGAIN. I wanted to reach through the TV and strangle the OC after SJ's HB dive through the A gap not once, but TWICE FAILS on 3d and 1. WHY start from 7 yds back?? SF has the best squad of LBers in the league, starting from that far back just gives them the chance/time to fill every hole. I've coached 7-8 yr olds out of doing dumb garbage like this.

-MR played well, SJ played well...OLine(as a unit) did well, was glad to see a coaching adjustment; getting those chip blocks from the RB/TE's on passing plays. I dont think Lamar Holmes has a future at LT.

-Defense: At this level...if you cant tackle, GTFO....you cant coach someone how to tackle at this point....that should have been done at ages 4-14....if you dont get it after those 10 years of playing, you're just not going to get it.

I understand everyone's desire to draft a pass rusher. A good pass rush can camouflage many other weaknesses, but we really need a good MLBer too. Look at the difference Kuechly has made at Carolina. That guy has a very bright future. Same with the SF LBers, watch how well they got off the blocks. Its frustrating to know that a 6 year old kid with the rickets can completely wash our LBers out of each play.

Secondary played pretty well, DeCoud has taken a lot of flack lately. I only saw one garbage play by him last night (and a few pretty good ones)

-Officiating seemed a bit unbalanced toward SF (though nothing ever comes close to NO). Usually you take the good with the bad and it comes out pretty even. It really sucks when they play a part in the outcome of a game (the Warrilow PI really stands out) . If you watch a replay of the game, watch how many false starts SF OLine had, particularly their tackles. They appeared to be getting a jump on half of their plays.

At any rate, the team did not embarrass themselves and had a good chance to win the game.