Thats It Cowboys Fans....

Rave

Tony Romo out for rest of season

Updated: December 23, 2013, 4:32 PM ETESPN.com news services

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo will miss the rest of the season due to a back injury, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

nfl_u_romo_gb3_300x200.jpg

Brad Mills/USA TODAY SportsTony Romo overcame a back injury Sunday to rally the Cowboys past the Redskins, but he will not be able to play the rest of the season, a source said.

The Cowboys (8-7) host the Philadelphia Eagles (9-6) on Sunday with the winner capturing the NFC East title. Kyle Orton likely will now get the start against the Eagles.

Romo said Sunday he would undergo an MRI on his back Monday, but he didn't believe it would jeopardize his availability for the game against Philadelphia.

Romo said his back, which was sore coming into Sunday's victory over the Washington Redskins, troubled him after a hit in the first half.

"That triggered it a little bit," Romo said Sunday. "Whatever the kid did on that one play, it really sent something that didn't feel comfortable.

"But it's in a completely different spot than the back stuff I had last year, so that's a good sign."

Romo had surgery in April to remove a cyst from his back and did not take a snap until the team reached training camp in Oxnard, Calif., in July.

Romo was noticeably limping as he carried out play fakes on running plays. In the fourth quarter, he appeared to be in trouble even more after spinning free from the pocket on a third-down throw to Miles Austin. Romo appeared to kick the back of his leg as he escaped trouble, but he did not miss a snap.

Romo completed 17 of 27 passes for 226 yards, including the game-winning touchdown to DeMarco Murray on fourth-and-goal from the Washington 10 with 1:08 to play.

Romo has dealt with numerous injuries over the years, including a broken rib in 2011. He hurt his ribs again in last year's season-ending loss to the Redskins.

ESPN.com Cowboys reporter Todd Archer contributed to this report.

I'm with Pox. Orton can come in and win this game, he's not a scrub - heck look what McCown did for Da Bears.

Yes sir. Orton has came in, in the past and has looked absolutely brilliant. He may not be starter material, but he can guide a team to greatness, in short doses.

I mean Orton isn't terrible. It isn't like the Eagle's D isn't hitting on anything anyway.

I really hate to hear this through. Seriously. I like Romo waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I should as a Giants fan. I feel like he's the NFL's Charlie brown. He just can never catch a break.

I mean Orton isn't terrible. It isn't like the Eagle's D isn't hitting on anything anyway.

I really hate to hear this through. Seriously. I like Romo waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I should as a Giants fan. I feel like he's the NFL's Charlie brown. He just can never catch a break.

Eagles D rebounded very well after that Viking game...against a very good Bears O

But the main reason I responded is your comparison of Romo to Charlie Brown. Spot on...

u don't like gay people rave? why? what they do to you?

Never said that I hate gay people. A close friend of mine is gay. She and I work together.

However, I believe in the Bible and that homosexuality is a sin.

Thats all Im going to say on the matter. There is already a thread about Phil on the board. No need to post about it in here.

While this is an unfortunate event, it might actually give some respite to a cowgirls QB that has been in this position over the last few seasons and has failed miserably.

200.gif

Id be excited if our defense werent trash.

Orton being in would mean less checking out of run plays and more opportunities for Murray.

Murray has the league's 2nd highest YPC average, but is averaging just 14.8 carries a game, 31st in the league.

Maybe if we had a QB that wasnt constantly changing the play to a pass our offense could do more.

Never said that I hate gay people. A close friend of mine is gay. She and I work together.

However, I believe in the Bible and that homosexuality is a sin.

Thats all Im going to say on the matter. There is already a thread about Phil on the board. No need to post about it in here.

I'm curious Rave (not bi-curious mind you tongue.png ) but I believe that most gay people are born that way, that somehow they either have too many male or female chromozones for the body they were born with. Two of my most recent supervisors (who reported to me) are lesbians and this wasn't a choice. I've met male homosexuals who are obviously flamers (not the brimstone and ****-fire) and you just know that they've always been that way.

Would you agree with me on this point and if so how does the Bible view those 'sinners' who aren't choosing to sin?