Luke Ties Nfl Single-Game Tackle Record With 24 (And A Pick)

Born A-Ginn

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Carolina Panthers middle linebacker Luke Kuechly tied an NFL record with 24 tackles in a 17-13 win Sunday over the New Orleans Saints.

STATS has been tracking tackles — as listed by press box stats — since 1994. That's the season tackles became a recognized statistic in the NFL.

Kuechly matched the single-game high held by David Harris of the New York Jets. Harris had 24 tackles on Nov. 4, 2007, against Washington.

Kuechly has more tackles than any player in the NFL since coming into the league in 2012. The former first-round draft pick from Boston College also intercepted a pass by Drew Brees as the Panthers clinched a playoff spot.

Since they've been a recorded stat anyways. I'm sure someone in the old days had like a thousand tackle game when they ran the ball all the time before they recorded tackles. Impressive either way in this day and age in an actual great defensive effort, and not just racking them up to rack them up.

is 24 the record ?????

well that makes Paul Ws back to back 21 look even better then

PUHLEASE!! Worrilow isn't even in the same class. My God who you REACH....rolleyes.gif

Luke's a once or twice in a generation player, Your boy Worrilow wouldn't even be starting on a lot of teams.

PUHLEASE!! Worrilow isn't even in the same class. My God who you REACH....rolleyes.gif

Luke's a once or twice in a generation player, Your boy Worrilow wouldn't even be starting on a lot of teams.

Idiot. Worrilow has been playing stellar and would be in DROTY consideration if he started the full season. Just because he's a Falcon doesn't mean you have to **** on him.

Idiot. Worrilow has been playing stellar and would be in DROTY consideration if he started the full season. Just because he's a Falcon doesn't mean you have to **** on him.

The games I've seen he looked bad, and overmatched. Plus quantity of tackles means next to nothing when they're 5 to 7 yards beyond the LOS. Your boy Keith Brooking made a career of getting hundreds of tackles beyond the LOS.

pretty sure it was 21

and not trying to compare him to LK

but 21 back to back is pretty impressive for an undrafted rookie lb imo

No doubt I wasn't hating... after all, somebody has to make the tackles to keep them from scoring. I heard plenty of it last year people trying to discredit Luke's tackles as he was going on that tackling rampage all season after getting the start in week 5. Granted I haven't seen hardly any of PW, so I don't exactly know the context of his tackles.

But I checked, and according to NFL it was in fact 19 back-to-back

Gtfsq6X.png

Maybe it was the team report that he had 21? Our team trackers always credit Luke with higher numbers after reviewing the film than the NFL does. They say he actually had over 200 tackles last year rather than the 164 the NFL gave him credit for.