The Iceman Cometh To Blow Out Candlestick Forever

fire mike smith

When the schedule was announced I was thrilled that the Falcons were scheduled to play this final regular season game (and quite possibly final game period) at Candlestick Park.

There has been many great NFL moments that have taken place on that field in Falcons vs. 49ers games. Most of those moments have been in favor of the 49ers but the Falcons occasionally had one of their own here and there.

How great would it be if the Falcons could beat the 49ers in the final game at Candlestick Park and knock the 49ers out of playoff contention on their way to another playoff season.

But unfortunately the Falcons don't stand a chance on Monday night. The 49ers will have all their all-time greats in attendance, the energy is going to be through the roof and the Falcons will get one last MNF embarrassment at Candlestick Park at the hands of the 49ers. Maybe it was kind of fitting that it worked out this way considering the history.

You know what? I've been telling all my friends to be ready for an upset. They're all Pats fans and they drive me crazy. Am I wrong? Most likely, it'll be very tough for the situation our team is in to travel into San Fran and pull out a win against a team clinging for a playoff spot. But you know what? I'm a fan of my team and I can admit our faults, but I will ALWAYS root for them to win, regardless of their situation. So I'll keep going around talking about an upset tonight, and crossing my fingers for one. I will scream and yell at the TV, and I will be supporting my team full on. This thread will receive a lot of flame from the "fans" on this board, but I love it! #RiseUp

You know what? I've been telling all my friends to be ready for an upset. They're all Pats fans and they drive me crazy. Am I wrong? Most likely, it'll be very tough for the situation our team is in to travel into San Fran and pull out a win against a team clinging for a playoff spot. But you know what? I'm a fan of my team and I can admit our faults, but I will ALWAYS root for them to win, regardless of their situation. So I'll keep going around talking about an upset tonight, and crossing my fingers for one. I will scream and yell at the TV, and I will be supporting my team full on. This thread will receive a lot of flame from the "fans" on this board, but I love it! #RiseUp

I never fail to do that but I still am realistic enough to understand the reality of the situation.

Our team is playing fairly competitive of late. If we can stop Gore, we stand a chance. Albeit a long shot with our JV Line play, we have a chance. Hopefully, the Niners are overlooking us and just thinking about their dumb stadium.

If the unthinkable should happen the Cardinals would clinch a playoff spot, meaning that either the 49ers or Saints would miss the playoffs and that the Falcons would play a role in that.