Carolina Vs Atlanta Week 17!

ELux85

After the Carolina stunner of the Saints(YAY!), Falcons will have possibly not one but 2 primetime games! Which means 95% likelihood that the Carolina game WILL be flexed to Sunday Night Football! Also this means that the Saints has to root for Atlanta and that means a fitting end for Tony G with a win! However, if the Falcons tank so does New Orleans! So its a bit of poetic justice for us!

Edited by BladeGT

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what to expect from the Falcons next week. Will they go balls to the wall, or will they slack off a little?

A win over the Panthers would be huge for morale.........................................but, being a nail in the coffin that is the Saints chances at the division may be even sweeter.. Falcons seem to actually hate the Saints..

Whereas Panthers and Falcons, seem to hold no ill will against each other.. as was seen in our first match-up. When our players were helping each other up, patting each other on the back and chatting and laughing it up between plays.

Falcons would have possibly won the division in '08, had the Saints not used the final play of the game, on a very short pass, to get Brees closer to the yards record he was aiming for.. he took the ultra-safe pass, instead of taking a risk, to win the game against the Panthers.

I don't know what to expect from the Falcons next week. Will they go balls to the wall, or will they slack off a little?

A win over the Panthers would be huge for morale.........................................but, being a nail in the coffin that is the Saints chances at the division may be even sweeter.. Falcons seem to actually hate the Saints..

Whereas Panthers and Falcons, seem to hold no ill will against each other.. as was seen in our first match-up. When our players were helping each other up, patting each other on the back and chatting and laughing it up between plays.

I like the panthers. Its more of a brotherly rivalry.

With that said, yall should have no trouble with us. You're better than us even when we're at full strength. The panthers have a legit shot at a title. That front 7 is the best in the league. No doubt.

I like the panthers. Its more of a brotherly rivalry.

With that said, yall should have no trouble with us. You're better than us even when we're at full strength. The panthers have a legit shot at a title. That front 7 is the best in the league. No doubt.

Oh yeah.. The Vick era was the only time I hated the Falcons. That was mainly because it seemed like all you guys needed was an Oline and Vick, and you would constantly destroy the Panthers. I know the new era Falcons have won a lot against us, normally that's an entire team effort though, I may not like it, but I can respect it.

I'm starting to hate the Saints though. Saints have turned into public enemy #1 for every other team in our division. Always have been for the Falcons, but the Panthers and Bucs seem to be jumping on that bandwagon.

The good thing about a Mike Smith coached team is that they hardly quit. The bad thing about a Mike Smith coached team is that they rarely play above their heads. My hunch is that we'll come out hot and maybe even take the lead, but if Carolina withstands the initial frenzy, we'll probably see the Panthers winning by 2 TDs, pulling away.

Oh yeah.. The Vick era was the only time I hated the Falcons. That was mainly because it seemed like all you guys needed was an Oline and Vick, and you would constantly destroy the Panthers. I know the new era Falcons have won a lot against us, normally that's an entire team effort though, I may not like it, but I can respect it.

I'm starting to hate the Saints though. Saints have turned into public enemy #1 for every other team in our division. Always have been for the Falcons, but the Panthers and Bucs seem to be jumping on that bandwagon.

There's just something dirty about the saints.

Not too mention their arrogant attitude. Outside of Newton the panthers seem to be very modest hardworking guys. Not saying newton isn't. But he can have his moments...

Well their whole organization breeds animosity because of how they act. A bunch of Aholes.

Oh I'm sure we'll come out and play our hearts out and still get murdered.

It was funny what the OP said about the game getting flexed into Prime time. Good to see he hasn't lost his sense of humor.

How Is us getting flexed into primetime funny?? It makes sense...to see the outcome of the saints BUCS game first, then the panthers chances to clinch the second seed and the division..yea, it makes sense,,.

How Is us getting flexed into primetime funny?? It makes sense...to see the outcome of the saints BUCS game first, then the panthers chances to clinch the second seed and the division..yea, it makes sense,,.

I think the consensus is the Cowboys - Eagles, in what could be a do-or-die game, will be flexed

A loser team about to get curbstomped by a team already in the playoffs will not be flexed into primetime.

Exactly.

It's about ratings and neither the Falcons nor the Panthers have the fan base to justify moving the game into prime time when other teams have playoff implications for both teams.

I hate to break it to some people but other than us no one really cares about the Falcons.

Exactly.

It's about ratings and neither the Falcons nor the Panthers have the fan base to justify moving the game into prime time when other teams have playoff implications for both teams.

I hate to break it to some people but other than us no one really cares about the Falcons.

Well, week 17, there will be a lot of saints fans who will be falcon fans..

I am glad the Panthers beat the Saints. I can not stand the Saints. I have no beef with the Panthers or Bucs. I live in the greater New Orleans area so it will be great to see all the sad Saints fans walking around town.

smile.png

Edited by KGrillz