For Those Of You That Want To Debate About Phil And A&e....

Rave

At least get your facts straight....

This is what he said....

GQ - What, in your mind, is sinful?

Phil - “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

There is nothing wrong with that. He was asked "what in HIS mind" is sin. Thats what he believes and he has the freedom of speech to say it.

If A&E want to commit financial suicide, let them.

The Robertsons werent hurting for money before "Duck Dynasty" and they surely wont be after it.

When did it become a bad thing in this country to stand up for what you believe in? For right and wrong?

Homosexuality, beastiality, adultery, idolatry, etc. are all sins in the eyes of God. Period. There is no grey area about it.

Dont ask a Christian a question about sin and then be surprised when he comes out of the Bible with his answer.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure thats all he said? or is that what you want us to think? if your setting facts straight why don't you post everything even the offensive parts.

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/201401/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson?printable=true

That IS all he said. Its funny how you are jumping to defend the media's attempt to twist his words, yet you have no intent to think Phil may have not said the things he is being said to have said.

It really is said that Christians are guilty until proven innocent, instead of the other way around.

Grab up your pitch forks and torches.....even if there is nothing more to the story than a man standing on his beliefs.

The reporter shouldn't have asked him that question. They new where it was gonna lead.

I don't care for Duck Dynasty, but even if that could be deemed offensive to some I don't see the reason for taking him off the show.

Several homosexuals work for A&E work on that show and expressed their displeasure with his statements.

WFW has already posted the GQ interview she/rave in the wifi thread...we want to talk about the saints demise and panthers rise up to the division title!

200.gif

...and I want to get my phone fixed.

However, others are on a witch hunt....

The reporter shouldn't have asked him that question. They new where it was gonna lead.

I don't care for Duck Dynasty, but even if that could be deemed offensive to some I don't see the reason for taking him off the show.

Who the **** watches that show anyway? Unless you're a duck hunter that needs serious help or an inbred backwoods deliverence style wannabe, WHY would you?rolleyes.gif

This is what he said....

Phil - “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

There is nothing wrong with that. He was asked "what in HIS mind" is sin. Thats what he believes and he has the freedom of speech to say it.

The Robertsons werent hurting for money before "Duck Dynasty" and they surely wont be after it.

When did it become a bad thing in this country to stand up for what you believe in? For right and wrong?

Homosexuality, beastiality, adultery, idolatry, etc. are all sins in the eyes of God. Period. There is no grey area about it.

Dont ask a Christian a question about sin and then be surprised when he comes out of the Bible with his answer.

Whatever happened to the Christian high-ground of cast no stone and the like?

http://www.gq.com/en...?printable=true

That IS all he said. Its funny how you are jumping to defend the media's attempt to twist his words, yet you have no intent to think Phil may have not said the things he is being said to have said.

It really is said that Christians are guilty until proven innocent, instead of the other way around.

Grab up your pitch forks and torches.....even if there is nothing more to the story than a man standing on his beliefs.

FYI I am a Christian, so your statements are moot and completely unfounded try again. If we are going to debate it will be with facts.Turn off fox, turn off rush and open your mind.

Since you want to play stupid ill help you

"It seems like, to me, a ****** — as a man — would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

“start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.” Then, the GQ writer paraphrases Corinthians saying, “don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers — they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field…. They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!… Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

...and I want to get my phone fixed.

However, others are on a witch hunt....

Why don't you call your ISP or Samsung. Perhaps, investigate it yourself, instead of relying on others to do the work for you.

oh wait, I forgot you're part of the entitlement generation, that still lives with mom and expects everything to be done for them.

carry onrolleyes.gif

The issue isnt what hes said and whether it was wrong or he was right.

The issue is whether or not the advertisers want their product to be associated with what he says.

If there had been no pressure by the people who pay the bills, then there would be no issue here.

But, Phil and his crew signed on to collect money from these advertisers and then those advertisers made a calculated business decision.

I actually really likie the show, but the production of it isnt free and business needs to look out for its own interest, not only today, but for many years to come.

Right on to Phil for standing up for his belief and right on to the advertisers for doing the same.

Thats why living in America is great.

This is what he said....

I don't see the government stopping him from making statements?

I don't see the media stopping him from making statements?

THIS IS NOT A MATTER OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

It is a matter of a free market,

AE feels his statements a detrimental to their business it is their decision no one is hanging this dude, or punishing him for what he said except his employer who has every right to terminate employees for what they deem misconduct.

Edited by SPITFIRE

Several homosexuals work for A&E work on that show and expressed their displeasure with his statements.

Asking Phil (a Christian) what he believes is a sin is the same as asking the owner of Chick-Fil-A (a Christian) where he stands on Homosexuality.

Its obvious, you know where Christians stand on the subject. The only thing you seem to be missing is the ploy to tar and feather said Christians through the media.

Homosexuality is a sin. If you ask any Christian how they feel about Homosexuality, they will say its a sin. Period.

Its in the Bible, its not something Phil just came up with.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 -

9Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Who the **** watches that show anyway? Unless you're a duck hunter that needs serious help or an inbred backwoods deliverence style wannabe, WHY would you?rolleyes.gif

Because they are a good Christian family. Not everyone wants to watch zombies, vampires, or who's sleeping with who.

Its kind of bad when a good wholesome family show comes along it gets reduced to how you described it.

If more people in this nation lived by what the Robertsons live by, wed be in a much better state.

Asking Phil (a Christian) what he believes is a sin is the same as asking the owner of Chick-Fil-A (a Christian) where he stands on Homosexuality.

Its obvious, you know where Christians stand on the subject. The only thing you seem to be missing is the ploy to tar and feather said Christians through the media.

Homosexuality is a sin. If you ask any Christian how they feel about Homosexuality, they will say its a sin. Period.

THATS NOT WHAT THIS WAS EVEN ABOUT!

This was about an employee of a company stating his beliefs on homosexuality, the company fired him for misconduct. They don't want his statements to be a reflection of their company. The OWNER OF CHIC FIL A IS NOT AN EMPLOYEE HE OWNS THE BUISNESS HE CAN SAY WHAT HE WANTS WHO IS GOING TO FIRE HIM?

Phils beliefs are not in question or in jeopardy.

No need to defend what isnt threatened.

What is threatened is a legitimate business' decision to make a decision based on dollars and sense instead of by the rantings of the lunatic fringe.

And before you start deciding who is the lunatic fringe, just think for a moment where the real butthurt exists here.

THATS NOT WHAT THIS WAS EVEN ABOUT!

This was about an employee of a company stating his beliefs on homosexuality, the company fired him for misconduct. They don't want his statements to be a reflection of their company. The OWNER OF CHIC FIL A IS NOT AN EMPLOYEE HE OWNS THE BUISNESS HE CAN SAY WHAT HE WANTS WHO IS GOING TO FIRE HIM?

So this isnt about his freedom of speech.....ok, do explain.

Phils beliefs are not in question or in jeopardy.

No need to defend what isnt threatened.

What is threatened is a legitimate business' decision to make a decision based on dollars and sense instead of by the rantings of the lunatic fringe.

And before you start deciding who is the lunatic fringe, just think for a moment where the real butthurt exists here.

A man was asked a question, answered that question honestly (with a representative of A&E present), and was indefinitely suspended for answering said question.

There is no confusion at all on my part who is wrong in this matter. If A&E didnt want Phil's comments public they could have stopped it at the interview. This was a set up from the beginning. Phil and Willie have talked before about A&E not wanting them to use Jesus' name in the prayers at the end of show, wanting them to fight more, and even put in fake bleeps on the show to make it SEEM like they were cussing. Now, why would you do that?

So he was supposed to give a PC answer and not the one God give in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11?

If you were being paid millions by a company what would you do? He did what he thought was right and the company did what they thought was right. If you think AE is wrong then you don't believe in a free market and you are everything you claim not to be. We don't need to even go into the comments about the jim crow south everyone ignored that portion because of the LBGT community. The people who work for that show that are offended have every right to petition and complain who fights for their freedom of speech?

Why don't you call your ISP or Samsung. Perhaps, investigate it yourself, instead of relying on others to do the work for you.

oh wait, I forgot you're part of the entitlement generation, that still lives with mom and expects everything to be done for them.

carry onrolleyes.gif

I talked to a Samsung rep last night and tried what they said - no help.

Ive gone to multiple forums and done what they say to do - no help.

So I figured Id try and see if anyone in here knows anything about the subject.

Guess I just wanted someone to do the work for me...