Saints Fans: I've No Trash This Week For You. This Game Is Too Monumental For Insignificant Trash Talk. Here's To No Injuries.

Big Bubba

If the Panthers win........... they keep their division hopes alive, and trade losses with the Saints.

If the Saints win. They would have earned it, facing a division rival, on the road, with a good record, and beating them and locking up the #2 seed.

The wild thing is... if a miracle happens and the 9ers win out and the Seahawks lose out.......... then either the Saints or the Panthers have a chance for the #1 seed. Depending on the outcome of this game of course!

Week 17 is a "must win" either way, for the Panthers.. whether they win or lose against the Saints.

Week 17 for the Saints depends on a lot. If they lose to the Panthers, then the Bucs game is a MUST WIN.. if they beat the panthers, they could afford to rest starters against the Bucs, unless the Seahawks lose to the Cardinals this week and the 9ers beat the Falcons... then that #1 seed is still on the table for another week.

Title of the thread gives you away. Not a monumental game for the Saints. It's important, but not that critical. They've won a Super Bowl recently. Even if they lose out and miss the playoffs, nobody is doubting Brees or Peyton.

It is a monumental game for the Panthers- Rivera and Newton can change their public perceptions with a win. This is uncharted territory for Cam- a win here would signal a maturation in Cam's game, because. without a great game from Cam, Panthers lose.

Title of the thread gives you away. Not a monumental game for the Saints. It's important, but not that critical. They've won a Super Bowl recently. Even if they lose out and miss the playoffs, nobody is doubting Brees or Peyton.

It is a monumental game for the Panthers- Rivera and Newton can change their public perceptions with a win. This is uncharted territory for Cam- a win here would signal a maturation in Cam's game, because. without a great game from Cam, Panthers lose.

:lol: Because Brees and Payton couldn't possibly want another SB win or division title. If it's not too critical for a team to win more than one SB in a range of a few years, then someone needs to tell the Pats and Steelers to give some of that sh1t back, and quit being so greedy.

Seriously...

What you said makes zero sense. If anything, it's even MORE critical to the Saints, they've experienced that high of winning it all, they will sacrifice everything in order to get back there and feel that way again.

For the Panthers, it's monumental due to them trying to build onto the first winning season they've had since 2008.. This has been the first legit chance Rivera and Cam have had at winning the division. They are trying to build up the team and the fanbase, and for that to happen, the Panthers need more big wins.

laugh.png Because Brees and Payton couldn't possibly want another SB win or division title. If it's not too critical for a team to win more than one SB in a range of a few years, then someone needs to tell the Pats and Steelers to give some of that sh1t back, and quit being so greedy.

Seriously...

What you said makes zero sense. If anything, it's even MORE critical to the Saints, they've experienced that high of winning it all, they will sacrifice everything in order to get back there and feel that way again.

For the Panthers, it's monumental due to them trying to build onto the first winning season they've had since 2008.. This has been the first legit chance Rivera and Cam have had at winning the division. They are trying to build up the team and the fanbase, and for that to happen, the Panthers need more big wins.

Makes perfect sense- Brees legacy is secure, really good bet he's a first ballot hall of famer, he's got tons of individual records [ just ask Saintray] and a super bowl ring.

Didn't say the game didn't matter to the Saints-This game is important to the Saints, Monumental to the Panthers.

Makes perfect sense- Brees legacy is secure, really good bet he's a first ballot hall of famer, he's got tons of individual records [ just ask Saintray] and a super bowl ring.

Didn't say the game didn't matter to the Saints-This game is important to the Saints, Monumental to the Panthers.

So because Brees has a good legacy........................................ there are no more monumental games for the Saints?

Good to know.

Well he didn't have a great game by any means. But d*mn if he didn't have a masterful final drive.

But but, GWD's are a team stat and the Saints played prevent and if Cam scored more points earlier GWD wouldn't've been necessary and y'all were at home and bla bla bla

Pretty sure I never said any of those things, I usually avoid those Matt Ryan conversations altogether unless Cam gets brought up. If I ever even bring up Matt's GWDs it's jokingly because I'm usually ribbing WFW because he uses them as the end-all be-all stat in football when he talks his smack.

I admitted Cam played like crap, but I also acknowledged he made the 3 best throws all day, probably of either quarterback, in the final moments of the game and drove the field in 30 seconds with no timeouts.

I don't really care about GWDs honestly, because they're not all created equal and misleading as heII. Kicker nails a 50+ yard FG with 5 minutes left? Yeah, that's lame to call that a GWD IMO (or ****, even getting a TD with extended time left in the quarter). What Cam did today, however, WAS a GWD through-and-through.

Aaaand with all that said, yeah he should've played better so we never even would've been in that situation - no arguments from me there. He has for the most part this year. Saints defense is tough as nails, lost Smitty for the game on the beginning of our second friggin' possession, a d*mn Monsoon came down for a good portion of the game, and Cam was gimpy all day... so I'll cut him a bit of slack. He did, in fact, win afterall. biggrin.png That's what's all-important around these parts, right?

Edited by Ginn & Juice

It is a monumental game for the Panthers- Rivera and Newton can change their public perceptions with a win. This is uncharted territory for Cam- a win here would signal a maturation in Cam's game, because. without a great game winning drive from Cam, Panthers lose.

fify