Mock Draft 12/21/13

Early for a mock draft as we all know a lot will change over the next few months but I was bored.

#1 Houston Texans – QB Teddy Bridgewater

The franchise QB the Texans desperately need.

#2 St. Louis Rams (from Redskins)- OT Jake Matthews

Provides protection for Bradford to determine if he is the player of the future. Rams should really give the Redskins something for Christmas for the RG 3 trade that is still paying dividends.

#3 Oakland Raiders – DE Jadeveon Clowney

The Raiders either take him for themselves or trade out to stock up more picks. Either way he doesn’t fall past the 3rd pick.

#4 Jacksonville Jaguars – OLB Anthony Barr

Johnny Manziel has to be a consideration but I think they go defense in round one and pick a QB with their 2nd round pick.

#5 Atlanta Falcons – OLB Khalil Mack

Pass rusher the team desperately needs and a 3 down player. Don’t rule out a trade up for Clowney or Matthews.

#6 Cleveland Browns – WR Sammy Watkins

They take the best player available and team him with Gordon to create a scary WR combo of the future. I believe they are fond enough of Brian Hoyer to give him a chance next year.

#7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – OT Taylor Lewan

Not a flashy pick but a need none the less. Mike Glennon has the protection needed to succeed.

#8 Minnesota Vikings – QB Johnny Manziel

They get their franchise QB and defenses can no longer put 8 in the box to stop Peterson.

#9 Buffalo Bills – OT Cyrus Kouandjio

Potential left tackle prospects go early and he fits a need.

#10 Tennessee Titans – DL Ra’shede Hageman

Freakish athleticism for a player over 300 lbs.