A Fine 5Th Round Rb

BirdonaWire88

I see this guy as a real sleeper, could possibly get him in the 5th round. Battering ram, ex GT QB with fresh legs could be an emergency QB, Wildcat type, even play some FB. Since I dont want to go RB till after 4th round I think he could be a steal for us .....

David Sims GT RB 5-11 225

inline_147655345129.jpg

12/13/2013 - 2013 ALL-ACC HONORABLE MENTION (COACHES): RB-David Sims, Sr.-R, Georgia Tech (9)...Sims, who has more than 2,200 career rushing yards, leads Georgia Tech in rushing (846 yards this season), rushing touchdowns (11), overall touchdowns (12) and he has averaged 5.6 yards per carry. Sims, who has rushed for 100-plus yards in three of his last five games, has just one negative yardage rushing attempt among his 151 carries this season. - Georgia Tech football

Overview

In any option offense, the run attack is main focus of the team's play calling, especially in Georgia Tech's triple option formation.

A former quarterback, Sims transitioned to the B-back position a year ago, joining A-back Orwin Smith in the backfield. In Paul Johnson's offense, the role of the B-back is generally a runner with fullback size, but the speed of a running back, a role Anthony Allen and Jonathan Dwyer filled during their time in Atlanta. And last season, Sims finished second on the team in rushing behind quarterback Tevin Washington with 698 yards and seven touchdowns on the ground, averaging 5.2 yards per carry.

He was a three-star quarterback out of South Carolina and spurned an offer from the Gamecocks to play in the Yellow Jackets' option offense. However with Washington entrenched as the starter, Sims moved to the B-back role last season in order to get on the field. It was a tough transition as he was forced to learn on the fly, but with a full year under his belt, Sims, who spent the entire offseason studying the position, could be one of the top rushers in the ACC.

Edited by BirdonaWire88

Sims is a SLEEPER who has a chance. In Paul Johnson's TO offense you didn't get a chance to see all he could do. That happens to a lot of GT players because of the distaste for the triple option. In fact one site list him as a FB which he is not. But he will be a good pickup as a UDFA much like the UDFA's we have now who are contributing.

Crowell in the 5th.

I wouldn't mind Crowell, he obviously has some talent. The hope is that he received a "wake up call" buy getting kicked out of UGA. A 5th or 6th round pick is nothing really. He will be paid the NFL minimum and 5th rounders on down get cut every year. He steps out of line, he is gone. No DUI's, no possession charges of any kind, no fights. Stansly Maponga has 4 tackles and no sacks in 11 games. He was a 5th round pick. So if our 5th round pick was cut, we wouldn't have lost anything of value really. I honestly would take a chance on a guy like Crowell.