Mike Munchak

BirdonaWire88

He is widely considered the best O line coach in football. If the Titans fired him I would try to find a way to get this guy at all costs. Maybe offer him asst. HC/Offense title or something to entice him to ATL. He has never been an OC, not sure if he would be capable of replacing Koetter Xs and Os wise, but he is a guy that could do wonders for the O line. If he loses to JAX his HC job could be in real jeopardy.

ob271.jpg

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Jacksonville Jaguars already cost one NFL coach his job this season.

It could happen again.

The reeling Tennessee Titans (5-9) visit Jacksonville on Sunday, quite possibly with coach Mike Munchak's future at stake. The Titans have lost three in a row, five of six and eight of 10. Five of those eight losses were by eight points or fewer, but playing close games seemingly has done little for Munchak's job security.

New president and chief executive officer Tommy Smith said last week he will thoroughly review the franchise after the season and make any changes deemed necessary. Munchak surely doesn't want getting swept by Jacksonville (4-10) on his resume.

"You get numb to it because you know that it's part of the process the last month of the season," said Munchak, who has been with the franchise as a player and coach for three-plus decades. "If you're not in the playoff hunt, then there's only one other thing to dwell on, and that's what changes do you make. So you've got to endure that a little bit, so that's what we're going through here now."

Winning out certainly would help Munchak's case. After all, Tennessee is 0-4 in the AFC South and is the only team in the league with losses against Houston (2-12) and Jacksonville this season. The then-winless Jaguars beat the Titans 29-27 in Nashville last month.

"I think they will like what they see if we finish strong," Munchak said. "We need to finish and get the job done. ... I can't do anything about that now other than win football games."

Tennessee turned the ball over four times in the first game against the Jaguars. Those mistakes led to 17 points and Jacksonville's first win under coach Gus Bradley and general manager Dave Caldwell.

It also proved a turning point this season for a team that lost its first eight games by double digits. The Jaguars have won four of six since that 0-8 start, including two wins against the Texans that helped get coach Gary Kubiak fired. Owner Bob McNair said the Texans have a "lot better talent" than the Jaguars and losing to them twice was unacceptable.

It wouldn't be a stretch to think Tennessee's front office feels the same way.

"So much of that stuff is out of our hands," Titans quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said. "We're going out there to play and try to get wins. I'm trying to play my best game. ... I don't think we're going out here trying to save a particular job. I think we're just going out there to win a particular game."

Works for me. Sorry, I don't buy that Hill is a good coach despite what people on here keep saying. The O-line was mediocre when he arrived, and terribad now. Konz and Holmes should be much better than they currently are under his tutelage. Finally, forget the injury excuse. That can explain not making playoffs, but not the total collapse of this team. Our results require a sacrificial lamb or two to atone for the disaster. I nominate both line coaches myself. If for no other reason, Hill needs to be fired for the way NOT ONE LINEMAN even went to help Ryan back to his feet after the Vacarro cheap shot. I have no dayum respect for a line that shows no heart for protecting their QB myself. At the very least. I expected one of them to run over there and yank Vacarro off of Matt instead of skulking back to the huddle with their heads hung low.

If I had the power, I would make the entire O-line watch that play over and over before camp next year just to reinforce their obligation to stand up for their QB like men and not sheep.

Sorry had to get that off my chest: it still enrages me.

I liked when we had a wide receiver coaching our offensive line lol

We did? Didn't even realize that. Was this around the time we had an Olineman coaching our WRs? (George Stewart)

That dude was the worst, but it's part of the reason I think maybe a new coach can remedy our issues. Everyone thought Roddy was a bust until he got a real WR coach, etc.

We did? Didn't even realize that. Was this around the time we had an Olineman coaching our WRs? (George Stewart)

That dude was the worst, but it's part of the reason I think maybe a new coach can remedy our issues. Everyone thought Roddy was a bust until he got a real WR coach, etc.

We could also use a veteran like joe horn. I think that's another huge issue on our line. We have no veteran prescence or experience. Except trueblood...

Blalock has been solid, but I'd like us to add a veteran that might not have the talent but has a mean streak. We've missed that with Dahl and Clabo gone. Despite what everyone said about their skills waning.

Kinda why I want Incognito. If he can get out of the media and start new here, his meanness on the field would be a good thing.

I'm not saying no by any means but, I did see a large improvement with Hill's arrival. We still could win the short yardage battles but, even with Konz on the line they did pretty well. If they go a different way this sounds like a good way to go but, I'd like to see what hill can do if we give him the tools to succeed.

You can't really put it all on hill with Baker regressing and getting injured, Muddcuck retiring, clabo being cut, Konz sucking, Trueblood being worthless and Reynolds regressing.

who did hill really have to work with?

Edited by The O.D.B

Bruce Matthews would be fine as well. Someone needs to inject a new identity to both these lines, but especially the O-line. I don't know how you achieve it, but they need to instill some nastiness, aggressiveness, passion, fire, blood and guts football playing spirit back into them. The line we had in the early days under Smith were fairly average players, but the unit played above their individual skill levels.