Since Word Is That Smitty May Be Retained, What Coaches Will Take The Knife 7 Be Let Go?

NOT ONE TIME.......has ANYONE brought up the fact that our coordinators were interviewing for OTHER coaching positions in the MIDDLE of our playoffs last year. THAT means their not happy!!!!!!! IF your heart isnt in what your doing for a job, you won't be successful!

Authur, you have any further thoughts. Would you keep a retail manager that wanted out in the middle of your largest selling weeks of the Fiscal Year??? No!

NOT ONE TIME.......has ANYONE brought up the fact that our coordinators were interviewing for OTHER coaching positions in the MIDDLE of our playoffs last year. THAT means their not happy!!!!!!! IF your heart isnt in what your doing for a job, you won't be successful!

They were hot coordinators last year. Don't think anyone interviewed them this season. Who wants warm garbage?

Authur, you have any further thoughts. Would you keep a retail manager that wanted out in the middle of your largest selling weeks of the Fiscal Year??? No!

Part of falcons philosophy. Bend over backwards to allow coordinators the opportunity to advance their career. I would love for them to say NO! You may not interview for such and such job during our playoff run. It's soft up down left and right. Everything is soft.

All our problems are due to the lines IMHO. The talents sux there as well as the coaching. No coordinator can win with the garbage lines we field.

Fix the lines, and all will be golden.

Very well said .... It's not the position coaches, or cords.....the talent sux. So who is to blame???? TD????? Or did Smitty tell TD he was ok with what's there???

Consider the 2008-2012 records? Hmmmm, one pathetic, come-from-behind play-off win. Abysmal FAIL. Time for massive changes.

\]

Pretty much EVERY superbowl winning coach i nthe last 6 years has had some playoff issues aswell.

Like the saints are 0-3 on the road ) and will be (0-4 after this year) and their lone superbowl came in a year where they had bounties on opposing players iuncluding hte nfc title game where the refes litterally GAVE them the game in OT.

The Packers have been 1 and done in every year except 2010 and in 2011 became the ONLY 15-1 number 1 seed to be 1 and done.

Or the Steelers getting beat at home by Tim Tebow

Or the packers in 09 giving up a 50 burger to the cards

There are other examples of playoff failure by many other great coaches.

The only " fail" is idiots like you who can not see the forest for the trees and then discount anything that this team does that is positive and over inflate the negative.

\]

Pretty much EVERY superbowl winning coach i nthe last 6 years has had some playoff issues aswell.

Like the saints are 0-3 on the road ) and will be (0-4 after this year) and their lone superbowl came in a year where they had bounties on opposing players iuncluding hte nfc title game where the refes litterally GAVE them the game in OT.

The Packers have been 1 and done in every year except 2010 and in 2011 became the ONLY 15-1 number 1 seed to be 1 and done.

Or the Steelers getting beat at home by Tim Tebow

Or the packers in 09 giving up a 50 burger to the cards

There are other examples of playoff failure by many other great coaches.

The only " fail" is idiots like you who can not see the forest for the trees and then discount anything that this team does that is positive and over inflate the negative.

Let's cut to the chase, shall we? Smittyball sucks. It only beats the crap teams in meaningless games. Mike Smith is not a great HC, and what's worse, he's got two morons drafting his players for him when you count both him and TD. The only "fail" are vacuous, shirt slobbering morons like you who practically wet themselves in adoration for mediocrity. I don't give a rip about "positive" things the team does. LOL. Do you know that all NFL teams do "positive" things? I care about getting a Super Bowl win, so no, I'm not nearly as likely to spaz out because the Falcons manage to do a few positive things when the "big picture" is that of a franchise heading steadily further up shlt creek with no paddles and a big hole in the boat. One last thing, at 4-12 is there any way to "over-inflate" the negative? Nope.

Read the above. Consider the 2008-2012 records. Then consider your stance on 2013.

Hahahhahahah. There is much, much more to it than record. Besides that, you can't just say this year doesn't count. It does no matter how much you wish it might not. I'm talking about the repeated mistakes we see on the field. Over and over. Guys with poor tackling. Poor Player/scheme fit. Poor line play. Poor clock management. Poor talent evaluation. Phantom "open competition". Second half collapse. Second half passivity. Passivity in general. Deviation from things that are working for no apparent reason (ie run game).

Edited by Falcons Rage

I think it's completely up to Smith as to whether any or all of his coaches and coordinators stay or go. Which probably means no changes will be made. This staff is his, he's comfortable with their performance (I assume he is, they're all still here), he's loyal to them, he trusts them. It would be totally against my perception of Smith's conservative, play-it-safe nature to dump a bunch of his staff and bring in strangers for what might well turn out to be his swan song season with the Falcons. And personally, as much as I'd like to see a lot of heads roll on this coaching staff ~ yeah, including Smith's ~ there's some kind of poetic justice to have them go into 2014 as a unit. If they succeed, then all will share in the glory; but if they fail, they will doubtless all be leaving town on the same train and a true, blank canvas, fresh start could be achieved.

I hate to agree with this, but this is it, in a nutshell.

One could only wish Smitty would cut some of his inept staff loose in the same way he lets our best players go.