Since Word Is That Smitty May Be Retained, What Coaches Will Take The Knife 7 Be Let Go?

Club212

Will Dirk K find a home in the Colleges? Will the 2 OL Coach Bozo's Hill & Dunn finally leave town for a circus? Ray Hamilton - we keep bringing in FA's only to be "busts" (R Edwards & Osi) or no DL "pressure!, K Armstrong _ why is Bosh a leading ST tackler? When will we get a KO or PR touchdown? Blocked Punt? Or KO return better than the 30? Why does each year begin with "who will be our PR guy?" Terry Robiskie, just what are you telling Smitty as Assisant HC? Is he upset the Falcs cut his son again?

I think it's completely up to Smith as to whether any or all of his coaches and coordinators stay or go. Which probably means no changes will be made. This staff is his, he's comfortable with their performance (I assume he is, they're all still here), he's loyal to them, he trusts them. It would be totally against my perception of Smith's conservative, play-it-safe nature to dump a bunch of his staff and bring in strangers for what might well turn out to be his swan song season with the Falcons. And personally, as much as I'd like to see a lot of heads roll on this coaching staff ~ yeah, including Smith's ~ there's some kind of poetic justice to have them go into 2014 as a unit. If they succeed, then all will share in the glory; but if they fail, they will doubtless all be leaving town on the same train and a true, blank canvas, fresh start could be achieved.

I think it's completely up to Smith as to whether any or all of his coaches and coordinators stay or go. Which probably means no changes will be made. This staff is his, he's comfortable with their performance (I assume he is, they're all still here), he's loyal to them, he trusts them. It would be totally against my perception of Smith's conservative, play-it-safe nature to dump a bunch of his staff and bring in strangers for what might well turn out to be his swan song season with the Falcons. And personally, as much as I'd like to see a lot of heads roll on this coaching staff ~ yeah, including Smith's ~ there's some kind of poetic justice to have them go into 2014 as a unit. If they succeed, then all will share in the glory; but if they fail, they will doubtless all be leaving town on the same train and a true, blank canvas, fresh start could be achieved.

I know you've lost all confidence in Smith. I think he is basically forced to cann a lot of guys just as sacrificial lambs. Blank will want to see something happen. I can only wish it's the people I want gone but it's beyond Smittys control now. The godfather wants blood.

I know you've lost all confidence in Smith. I think he is basically forced to cann a lot of guys just as sacrificial lambs. Blank will want to see something happen. I can only wish it's the people I want gone but it's beyond Smittys control now. The godfather wants blood.

It will be very interesting to see what transpires at the end of the season. If there are going to be some staff shake-ups, I'm sure they'll start happening probably within a matter of days. Makiing changes Smith is comfortable with could save his HC job, but I'm not sure if any Jacksonville coaches are going to be available to transfer over to Atlanta. Dicey situation, this one is.

It will be very interesting to see what transpires at the end of the season. If there are going to be some staff shake-ups, I'm sure they'll start happening probably within a matter of days. Makiing changes Smith is comfortable with could save his HC job, but I'm not sure if any Jacksonville coaches are going to be available to transfer over to Atlanta. Dicey situation, this one is.

Oh for sure about it being done quickly. I really think Hamilton gets the wave the next morning after Carolina.

I think folks need to get over the Big 3 going anywhere b/c I don't see that happening. I think there's a strong chance Hill is gone. I think Hamilton will return and I think Armstrong will be here too.

Smitty may not even want to get rid of Hill but if he doesn't I think there will be some strong nudging.

Good here

1st one gone has to be Hamilton. Right after the Panthers game, BAM!! HE GON!!

I would also like to see the two Olineguys gone too. What they fielded was eembarrassing. TD should be tarred and feathered for that too. Some blistering scars to remind him to be smarter.

Agreed , I also hope that mike smith isn't that comfortable when it comes to job security .

We sucked since week 1 , smith has to accept some of that blame as well.

Will Dirk K find a home in the Colleges? Will the 2 OL Coach Bozo's Hill & Dunn finally leave town for a circus? Ray Hamilton - we keep bringing in FA's only to be "busts" (R Edwards & Osi) or no DL "pressure!, K Armstrong _ why is Bosh a leading ST tackler? When will we get a KO or PR touchdown? Blocked Punt? Or KO return better than the 30? Why does each year begin with "who will be our PR guy?" Terry Robiskie, just what are you telling Smitty as Assisant HC? Is he upset the Falcs cut his son again?

If Smitty stays, so does the majority of the coaching staff. Doubt we see anybody go unless they get a better offer (yeah, was hard to type that most of our coaching staff could get a better offer without laughing)

I tend to agree, that maybe one or two line coaches go but most stay. That being said, if we don't make the playoffs next year at a minimum, then Smith gets the ax too

Edited by Nono