If You Think The Atlanta Falcons Are Poorly Run.........................

Bring It

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best ran organizations in the NFL. We just happend not address the Oline and a decent pass rush the last couple of years and it came up to bit us this year. I believe TD will correct these issues in FA and the draft. If not he will get fired in August

All that comes from Blank, while my faith is fading that TD,Smitty and to a certain extent even Ryan can get it done. I do believe getting a championship here is his main focus, they got another year for better or worse,but he won't put up with another season like this. The goal is a Super Bowl anything less than a deep playoff run just has to get Blank thinking about changes.

All that comes from Blank, while my faith is fading that TD,Smitty and to a certain extent even Ryan can get it done. I do believe getting a championship here is his main focus, they got another year for better or worse,but he won't put up with another season like this. The goal is a Super Bowl anything less than a deep playoff run just has to get Blank thinking about changes.

If Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Ben Roe, Terry Bradshaw, Eli Manning could do it, so can Ryan.

If guys like Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Warren Moon, and Fran Tarkenton couldnt win a superbowl...that just goes to show you how much is predicated on luck and a good defense.

If Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Ben Roe, Terry Bradshaw, Eli Manning could do it, so can Ryan.

If guys like Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Warren Moon, and Fran Tarkenton couldnt win a superbowl...that just goes to show you how much is predicated on luck and a good defense.

Yeah, proves without a doubt that Superbowls are a team stat.

OMG! Thank you!! Ryan is arguably the best QB this franchise has EVER had and people are doubting that he can win a SB??? By some people's logic, Trent Dilfer > Dan Marino

Just thank God that Jerry Jones doesn't call Atlanta home.

Nuf sed.

I know Jerry has lost his mind as of late, probably the past 10 years but he has built one of the biggest franchises in the history of sports. He has managed some of the greatest teams ever in the NFL. I will even count the 2007 Dallas Cowboys as one of the very best teams I have ever seen. I could only wish the Falcons would be anything close to the 2007 Cowboys.

Arthur Blank has what now? A stupid Rise Up slogan. A ****** city to play in with probably the shittiest fans in the NFL. A team that people still won't believe in due to bad hiring and talent evaluation. Blank was very lucky to land the new stadium and we all better hope the team wakes up and gets real players and coaches.

What do you see in Eli Manning that screams SB caliber? Honestly?

i swear, the ignorance on this board regarding Ryan is astounding. It's impossible to even have an intelligent discussion because the criticisms are so exaggerated.

Here are the list of current QBs that have won a SB:

Peyton Manning - who was crucified as "a choker who can't win the big game" until his team had the fortune of playing Rex Grossman, and threw the game-losing pick-six in the 4th quarter of his only other SB appearance.

Tom Brady - the gold standard. the fact that he's 0-2 in his last two SBs, both losses directly attributable to subpar offensive performances by the Pats, is ignored because he was 3-0 before that. The most successful QB of his era.

Eli Manning - 2 SB rings means nobody cares he's thrown 25 INTs this year, or that he has led his team to more than 9 wins only 4 times in 10 seasons, and thrown more than 15 INTs in six of those ten seasons.

Ben Roethlisberger - 2 SB rings, great record as a starting QB (103-51)

Drew Brees - 1 SB ring. Consistently in the top 5 QBs of every season he's been healthy

Joe Flacco - 1 SB ring in one of the best playoff runs that any QB has ever had.

Aaron Rodgers - 1 SB ring, considered by many to be the best overall QB currently.

Put Ryan behind all of these seven. Who are the other three QBs that keep Ryan out of the top 10?

Philip Rivers? Tony Romo? Neither has had the team success of Ryan, despite flashy individual stats

Russell Wilson? Andrew Luck? perhaps based on potential, but that's hardly a strong argument when the knock against Ryan that is constantly regurgitated is results matter.

Kaepernick? RGIII? Newton? Again, either on-field results matter or they don't. RGIII and Kap had great first seasons as starters, only to drop off considerably in their second season as starter. This year will be the first season Cam had led his team to a winning record (23-23 as a starter)

Over six seasons, Ryan has proven to be a top 10 QB. It's crazy that a Falcons message board requires educating fools about this every day.

The **** business do I have watching Eli manning? **** he got to do with the Falcons?

If you cannot answer the question then just ignore it. Eli manning...**** are you even talking about.

Eli Manning is not a "Super Bowl" quality QB yet has won two of them. I'm simply making a point that a "super bowl" quality QB doesn't exist when guys like Manning and Dilfer win Super Bowls and Dan Marino never did.

DIdn't think I needed to spell it out like that but since you asked...

Also, don't get so mad. We are having discussions about things we have no control over in a message board. Don't take things so seriously, you'll end up with high blood pressure that way.

i swear, the ignorance on this board regarding Ryan is astounding. It's impossible to even have an intelligent discussion because the criticisms are so exaggerated.

Peyton Manning - who was crucified as "a choker who can't win the big game" until his team had the fortune of playing Rex Grossman, and threw the game-losing pick-six in the 4th quarter of his only other SB appearance.

Tom Brady - the gold standard. the fact that he's 0-2 in his last two SBs, both losses directly attributable to subpar offensive performances by the Pats, is ignored because he was 3-0 before that. The most successful QB of his era.

Eli Manning - 2 SB rings means nobody cares he's thrown 25 INTs this year, or that he has led his team to more than 9 wins only 4 times in 10 seasons, and thrown more than 15 INTs in six of those ten seasons.

Drew Brees - 1 SB ring. Consistently in the top 5 QBs of every season he's been healthy

Joe Flacco - 1 SB ring in one of the best playoff runs that any QB has ever had.

Aaron Rodgers - 1 SB ring, considered by many to be the best overall QB currently.

Put Ryan behind all of these seven. Who are the other three QBs that keep Ryan out of the top 10?

Philip Rivers? Tony Romo? Neither has had the team success of Ryan, despite flashy individual stats

Russell Wilson? Andrew Luck? perhaps based on potential, but that's hardly a strong argument when the knock against Ryan that is constantly regurgitated is results matter.

Kaepernick? RGIII? Newton? Again, either on-field results matter or they don't. RGIII and Kap had great first seasons as starters, only to drop off considerably in their second season as starter. This year will be the first season Cam had led his team to a winning record (23-23 as a starter)

Over six seasons, Ryan has proven to be a top 10 QB. It's crazy that a Falcons message board requires educating fools about this every day.

Wasn't expecting that.

Damnn good post.

Not sure if that was supposed to be a criticism of my comment but I think we agree. Everyone is getting their panties in a bunch but literally the ONLY point here I'm trying to make is that winning a Super Bowl isn't 100% predicated on having the best QB that has ever played the game. You have to have a championship team, not just a champion QB. That being said, I think we DO have one of the best QB's in the league, Top 5? No way! Will he be a Hall of Famer, I doubt it. But he is more than capable of winning a Super Bowl assuming the rest of the team is good enough.

If Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Ben Roe, Terry Bradshaw, Eli Manning,Joe Flacco, Ben Rothlesberger could do it, so can Ryan.

FIFY

And what has that status gotten us?

If the knock on Ryan is that he has yet to leaf us to a super bowl or a decent playoff record...how is that exaggerated?

Sounds like facts to me.

I only care about the Falcons do what other qbs have done doesn't matter to me. Looking at the Falcons these past six years, don't look like Ryan is built for this to me.