What Was Your Most Favorite Ever Christmas Gift As A Small Child?

brodyrox

By the way , my topic, keep it on topic or get out.

Out of respect for almost 400 posts as a fake girl, I'll play along.

In 6th grade I got a bike with a little front tire and like a car shifter in front of the seat, seems like it was a 3 or 5 speed. Pimped around the neighborhood all day :)

Anyway, your thread reminded me of a happy time, Merry Christmas

Edited by Truthhurts

Out of respect for almost 400 posts as a fake girl, I'll play along.

In 6th grade I got a bike with a little front tire and like a car shifter in front of the seat, seems like it was a 3 or 5 speed. Pimped around the neighborhood all day :)

Anyway, your thread reminded me of a happy time, Merry Christmas

Holy shite, I found my bike...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raleigh_Chopper

Holy shite, I found my bike...

http://en.wikipedia....Raleigh_Chopper

Incredible that I found mine too. Sometimes you have to love the internet

I bet I put a several thousand miles on that badboy. I was seven that Christmas and I remember my brother and I waking up around 3:00 A.M. to find Santa had left two of these matching bikes for us, then the torture of sitting on them in the living room until the first light of dawn, at which time we hit the dirt road and rode them till after dark that evening. My brother and I played football for the Northwest Steelers, so my parents also bought us matching Pittsburgh Steelers track suits and toboggans with the big black and gold ball on top. I still have the photos they took of us riding that Christmas morning. I'll have to go drag those out today and show my children what a old time Christmas Morning used to be like... to **** with all these PS4s and iPads kids get today, these were freedom on wheels for a seven year old

img_20130807_200914_468_custom_blowup.jpg

Like Truthhurts said, thanks brody for this idea. Great memories

Guest Regular Guy

I have 2 favorites. One was a bike that was called a "Krazy Kat" that I got when I was 9 or 10, it was very much in the vein of the bikes listed above. I have searched for it and can't seem to find any info of its existence on the interwebs at all! The middle brother i the family rode it to a friends house about 2 miles away and it was stolen while he was inside. I had that wonderful bike for 2 days then it was stolen. That actually is pissing me off thinking about it, that a-hole!

The second was when I was 12 I got a Commodore 64 during the summer (sold a Go-Cart via Atlanta Advertiser) and for Christmas I got a COLOR monitor for it LOL. A 1702 13 inch COLOR monitor and I thought it was AWESOME! Then I got a 1541 disk drive as well, I was in geek heaven!

Thanks to the posters that have a little perspective/ less haunted dreams and kept the thread on topic and in the spirit it was meant to be, happy Christmas memories in a time that was a lot more innocent for you. I had a bike one Christmas too, but I was too little/scared to learn to ride it that it ended up being given to someone else. Later when I was older I had a great bike though that I loved to terrorize the neighborhood in, lol. Nothing ever beat the Easy Bake oven though.