How I See The Panthers Vs Saints Rematch Going

Trouble

I think this game comes down to coaching. In that regard i think the Saints coaching staff is just way above the panthers.

I expect Payton will slow the game down.

Things to watch from the Saints.

1) if the defer their kickoff to get the ball first in the second half.

2) the final 2 mins of the first half.

Those 2 things could be deadly to the Panthers. Also this very well could be a momentum killer to take fans right out the game.

Something Payton manning did like a art form. Could turn be down by 14 closing in on the second half. In less than 2 min total between that and the first drive of the second half. Throw up 21 points.

------------------------------------

Saints week: Payton played the "ill fire you" card.

Like we did with Ray Edwards. near the end of the season.

He is a big motivator as is. But these roster changes could have people giving above 100% and might be a fired up physical team. Panthers might not be expecting the fight they could be in for. Watch the Saints D to be very aggressive (all week hearing how good the Panthers line is the best).

---------------------------------

The panthers need their fans support. If they arent loud, The saints could be hard to stop. Trying to get the LT to make mistakes being new could be a key area to attack. even if the pass rush isnt there, mistake could be deadly in 3rd down situations.

They need to keep Brees under pressure. To force int`s. If they cant get pressure. The saints will get rolling again.

But on the coaching side. I think Saints are way above the panthers. Payton will capitalize on any mistakes the Panthers make.

Its a big game and Brees knows big games and both teams know each other.

Very good observation donut!

Who ya got in this game?

Im say the saints. Coaching is gonna clearly shine through. I think the saints will be motivated and gameplan wise the saints will be calculating.

If the Saints deffer the kick off or get the ball first in the second half. The panthers will be out coached yet again like the first meeting.

Even if the saints go down 7 in the first half they saints will be ready in the second. Payton is very good at half time adjustments.

The saints can only beat themselves. with penalties or turnovers. I doubt either happen.

The Panthers need to keep the scoring lower and play mistake free. Keep scoring close. You dont want the saints throwing up 7 right before the half and them coming out with the ball first and dropping a bomb on you and scoring 7 more to gain a 14 point lead. That will all but kill the fans and will be hard for a team like the Panthers to recover from. Especially vs a team that can get in a shoot out.

They need to keep the score with in 3 points at half time. Then play it like a brand new game after the half. I would not let the saints get the ball first after half time. let them half the ball first at the start of the game when the fans will be rocking. Look for a 3 and out and hope they get get the upper hand.

I think Payton knows the panthers will attack at LT and he will have plays to compensate for that to slow the pass rush to that side. If the Panthers get pressure up the middle or from the RT then the Saints are in for a long day.

This all goes to game planning and coaching. Payton just is to good for the Panthers staff i think.

I dont expect much from the saints in the first half. Payton will be boring as he slowly bores the fans to sleep and also shows they cant stop them. But the second half the saints will chip away and just keep chipping for the win and at the end of the game. They will make it look easy.

I see the Saints and Panthers in a very close game. But I believe the Saints win by 3 points. Both teams will lay it all on the line and leave nothing on the field. Should be the Game of the Week.

It will be closer unless the Panthers give up control near halftime. Panthers arent the best come from behind team and the saints are built for a shoot out.

But Payton knows they have had probs on the road. Mistakes like turn overs have to be avoided. So i suspect less risks in play calling. Much like Payton called vs the Falcons. He took less shots to lower risks of turn overs.

I remember the first meeting and all i could think at the near of the first half was "crap the Panthers are gonna give it away now". You dont let saints control anything near the end of the half. Much like the Cowboys blew last years game.

If the Panthers are up 14-7 at the end of the half and the saints get the ball first. Expect that score to be 14-14.

This game means a lot and if it was in the super dome it would be a lock. But because it has actual implications im go with the coach who has been there and handled more big games.

The timing of those cuts is perfect. this will be the saints playoff game on the road to prove to themself they are as good as they think they are.

Im not saying the Panther are gonna lay a egg or just lay down. They will come out hyped like the falcons did. But no mistakes and the saints will chip away and the game will slide away from the Panthers.

Panthers will have a chance to win i think. But they will settle for a field goal or 2 in the second half that they need TD`s. It just wont be enough.

Thats what my magic 8-ball tells me.

It will be closer unless the Panthers give up control near halftime. Panthers arent the best come from behind team and the saints are built for a shoot out.

But Payton knows they have had probs on the road. Mistakes like turn overs have to be avoided. So i suspect less risks in play calling. Much like Payton called vs the Falcons. He took less shots to lower risks of turn overs.

I remember the first meeting and all i could think at the near of the first half was "crap the Panthers are gonna give it away now". You dont let saints control anything near the end of the half. Much like the Cowboys blew last years game.

If the Panthers are up 14-7 at the end of the half and the saints get the ball first. Expect that score to be 14-14.

This game means a lot and if it was in the super dome it would be a lock. But because it has actual implications im go with the coach who has been there and handled more big games.

The timing of those cuts is perfect. this will be the saints playoff game on the road to prove to themself they are as good as they think they are.

Im not saying the Panther are gonna lay a egg or just lay down. They will come out hyped like the falcons did. But no mistakes and the saints will chip away and the game will slide away from the Panthers.

Panthers will have a chance to win i think. But they will settle for a field goal or 2 in the second half that they need TD`s. It just wont be enough.

Don't you mean the Magic 8ball of crack you've been smoking all season told you?

Saints road losses are all about slow starts and turnovers.

Jets game had the offense slowed missing 2 of 3 receivers. They tried to feature Toon with his dad being a Jet, but he drops what could have been a TD and deflects up a reception that gets picked off and led to 7, just Those two plays is 14 point swing. Otherwise Brees was still able to move ball and lost a close game.

Pats game got us in big hole early, Saints start clicking and failed to out the game away with 3 chances and lost on last play with 5 seconds left.

Seahawks was terrible start and offense didn't get going entire game, just a terrible game!

Rams game came down to 2-6 in redzone on top of 3 turnovers.

Bottom line, the defense is stopping opponents after 1st qtr, and offense is moving ball but turning it over. Limit the mistakes and they should win,

You saw the worst red zone game that the Panthers have played this season, so you can be forgiven for some of your thoughts. But the Panthers offense looked off during the Saints game in ways that had nothing to do with their opponent. You don't generally get that sort of anomoly twice in three weeks, so I wouldn't count on the Panthers just giving this game away.

You saw the worst red zone game that the Panthers have played this season, so you can be forgiven for some of your thoughts. But the Panthers offense looked off during the Saints game in ways that had nothing to do with their opponent. You don't generally get that sort of anomoly twice in three weeks, so I wouldn't count on the Panthers just giving this game away.

So what are you really trying to say?

I've got Panthers all the way. In fact, they may even win handily. They are a different team away from the dome, that's just the way it is and I'd be very shocked if they can beat a good team like the Panthers in CAR.

Panthers pass rush should do well at home against the Saints, and their defense in general should play better. I very much doubt they give up the control at the end of the first half that the OP was mentioning. This time, their D should play like a top D.

Early in the game, they looked very good and were outplaying NO 2 weeks ago. I expect that to continue on through the rest of the game come Sunday. Panthers won't let the game slip away, and will be able to dominate running it. They will do a good job of their clock control, and hold NO to about 7 possessions like they've done to multiple teams this year. With only 7 possessions, they should be able to hold NO down below 20 in my opinion.

There is this myth that the Saints are in another class than the Panthers despite their records, that their play simply doesn't reflect. It could be based on a number of things. Perhaps it's some BS about Brees being better than Cam, but that's just one player and really apples and oranges when you consider their different styles. Perhaps it's because NO won a ring in the Payton era, but that was another season. Perhaps it's because CAR is more built to win close, but they've proven they can win close against good teams, and have played some of them better than NO has. Perhaps it's because NO started out better

Either way though, it's a myth that should be busted Sunday. Of course, it's not like it was founded on logic so it may still be believed.

Let me translate :

It wasn't that the Saints kicked our azzes...it was more that we didn't play well.

You suck at translating.

The Saints have gotten by all year on protecting the most important part of the field. They're a good red zone defense, and I don't expect that to change tomorrow. However, the Panthers defense can't play that badly every game. They haven't shown that kind of week-to-week talent. Tomorrow I expect the units to be much more evenly matched than they were.

You suck at translating.

The Saints have gotten by all year on protecting the most important part of the field. They're a good red zone defense, and I don't expect that to change tomorrow. However, the Panthers defense can't play that badly every game. They haven't shown that kind of week-to-week talent. Tomorrow I expect the units to be much more evenly matched than they were.

Agree. instead of the Saints winning by 18 this time, I have them by 3 in this game.