My 2014 Off-Season Mock

jfalconsp

I am ready for the off-season! There are so many directions we can go here, it's going to be fun seeing what TD and Co. come up with. It's early, but let's get to it.

2014 Roster Pre-Offseason ($9.7 mil under cap + $4 mil carry over)

QB: Matt Ryan, Dominique Davis

RB: Steven Jackson, Jacquizz Rodgers, Jason Snelling, Antone Smith, Josh Vaughn

FB: Bradie Ewing

WR: Julio Jones, Roddy White, Harry Douglas, Darius Johnson

TE: Levine Toilolo, Adam Nissley, Andrew Szczerba

OT: Sam Baker, Lamar Holmes, Ryan Schraeder

OG: Justin Blalock, Garrett Reynolds, Harland Gunn

C: Peter Konz

DE: Osi Umenyiora, Kroy Biermann, Jonathan Massaquoi, Malliciah Goodman, Stansly Maponga, Cliff Matthews

DT: Travian Roberston

LB: Sean Weatherspoon, Paul Worrilow, Joplo Bartu, Stephen Nicholas, Akeem Dent

CB: Asante Samuel, Desmond Trufant, Robert Alford, Saee Lee

FS: Thomas Decoud, Kemal Ishmael

SS: William Moore, Zeke Motta

K: Matt Bryant

P: Matt Bosher

LS: Josh Harris

Cut/Retire (+$19.9 mil)

Asante Samuel, CB (+$5.3 mil)

Tony Gonzalez, TE (+$7 mil)

Stephen Nicholas, LB (+$2 mil)

Garrett Reynolds, OG (+$1.3 mil)

Andrew Szczerba, TE (+$0.5 mil)

Adam Nissley, TE (+$0.5 mil)

Saee Lee, CB (+$0.5 mil)

Cliff Matthews, DE (+$0.6 mil)

Stansly Maponga, DE (+$0.4 mil)

Steven Jackson, RB (+$1.8 mil)

Re-sign (-$10.5 mil)

Chase Coffman, TE (-$1 mil)

Drew Davis (ERFA), WR (-$0.5 mil)

Robert McClain (RFA), CB (-$0.5 mil)

Jonathan Babineaux, DT (-$4 mil)

Corey Peters, DT (-$3 mil)

Joe Hawley, OC (-$0.5 mil)

Dominique Franks, CB (-$1 mil)

Free Agent Pickups (-$18 mil)

Michael Johnson, DE (-$8 mil)

Rodger Saffold, OT (-$3 mil)

Sam Shields, CB (-$3 mil)

Brian De La Puente, OC (-$2 mil)

Josh McCown, QB (-$2 mil)

Draft—Drafting 4th/32 Teams (-$6-8 mil)

1(4)- Traded to Minnesota Vikings for 1st and 2nd (they get their QB)

1(8)- Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo

Buffalo-Bulls-Khalil-Mack.jpg

I think we end up around 4 overall in the draft position when it's all said and done, and Minnesota will stay around 8. I'm assuming Clowney is gone at this point, and we decided to trade down. Minnesota answers the call to get them a QB, and we grab their 2nd in the process. Mack can cover in space and get after the QB at the LB position which we need both of. Would probably play OLB in the SAM spot in our defense and set up our LB core as a strength.

2 (36)- Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State

L169_CIFR83adf284f470f8519933030668ceabc4.jpg

I could see him fitting in as a 3-4 DE as well, but I've seen him eat double teams as a 4-3 DT. Dude gets crazy pressure up the middle and would significantly help our pass rush. That is my overall theme with this off-season: pass rush.

2 (40- From Vikings)- Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State

gabe-jackson.jpg

Shores up our RG position, which is our weakest on the o-line. With C and RT taken care of in the off-season, our o-line is set.

3 (68) – Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington

UW_IdahoSt_16-620x413.jpg

I would absolutely love to get Melvin Gordon (MG3) if he declares for the draft. I like him as much as I did Doug Martin before TB grabbed him. That said, I go Sankey here. I know some will scream that it's too early for a RB, but I think that most of our other needs are addressed. Steven Jackson is old, and while he could produce for another year, its time to get younger. I wish we could see more of Antone Smith before the seasons up to know what we have, but adding Sankey will take care of us. He reminds me a little of Ray Rice- somewhat smaller, but still strong and able to shed tackles both at the line of scrimmage and in space.

3 - Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech

com_120810_adelson_Jeremiah_Attaochu_120810.jpg

Read: pass rush. I am a homer and come from GT, but this guys is the real deal IMO. More depth at the 4-3 DE position to go into our rotation and keep us fresh at getting after the QB. We give up our 5th to move our 4th up into the 3rd round to grab Jeremiah.

4- Traded to move up in 3rd

5- Traded to move up in 3rd

6- TJ Jones, WR, Notre Dame

Somehow this guy is projecting to go in the 6-7 round or undrafted. I personally think he could be gone by our pick here, but if not, he's been highly productive this year at ND. Decent height at 6' and good speed as he runs 4.45 40. Good kid, definitely passes the Falcons filter.

7- Ty Zimmerman, FS, Kansas State

Has had some problems with an ankle injury, but another TD-type player. He calls the plays and is a smart football player. Big guy, but not the fastest. He takes good angles and does well enough in coverage. Worth adding as depth at the FS position.

FS or TE are probably the weakest areas after this, but I still think this puts us back in the playoffs next season. The roster below gives us 55 spots, so 2 wouldn’t make the final roster which should make us about even with the cap.

2014 Roster Post-Offseason

QB: Matt Ryan, Josh McCown, Dominique Davis

RB: Bishop Sankey, Jacquizz Rodgers, Jason Snelling, Antone Smith, Josh Vaughn

FB: Bradie Ewing

WR: Julio Jones, Roddy White, Harry Douglas, Darius Johnson, Drew Davis, TJ Jones

TE: Chase Coffman, Levine Toilolo

OT: Sam Baker, Rodger Saffold, Lamar Holmes, Ryan Schraeder

OG: Justin Blalock, Gabe Jackson, Peter Konz, Harland Gunn

C: Brian De La Puente, Joe Hawley

DE: Michael Johnson, Osi Umenyiora, Jeremiah Attaochu, Kroy Biermann, Jonathan Massaquoi, Malliciah Goodman

DT: Jonathan Babineaux, Will Sutton, Corey Peters,Travian Roberston

LB: Khalil Mack, Sean Weatherspoon, Paul Worrilow, Joplo Bartu, Akeem Dent

CB: Desmond Trufant, Sam Shields, Robert Alford, Robert McClain, Dominique Franks

FS: Thomas Decoud, Ty Zimmerman, Kemal Ishmael

SS: William Moore, Zeke Motta

K: Matt Bryant

P: Matt Bosher

LS: Josh Harris

Guest King Jigsaw

Isn't Ty Zimmerman like a late 2nd early 3rd round guy? That you have in the 7th? Sutton might be available in the 3rd, but I don't know if Sankey or Jeremiah are and I doubt Gabe is there at 40.

Other than some rankings seemingly off and a lot of FAs signed, I like the direction you went in in terms of positions addressed.

Isn't Ty Zimmerman like a late 2nd early 3rd round guy? That you have in the 7th? Sutton might be available in the 3rd, but I don't know if Sankey or Jeremiah are and I doubt Gabe is there at 40.

Other than some rankings seemingly off and a lot of FAs signed, I like the direction you went in in terms of positions addressed.

Thanks. I have us picking up another 2nd with trading back in the first, so Sutton is a 2nd round pick. I think everyone else is in the right area as far as where they will be drafted- I've seen anywhere from 3-7 for Ty Zimmerman. He could definitely go earlier though.

Id prefer donald over sutton and mason over sankey but i like the direction you went here. I think you over did it by resigning babs, id rather see a younger cheaper guy like walker brought back in. Also thought you over paid mccown and left no money to sign draft picks. Too many FAs. And dominique franks was an unnecessary resign. Maponga shouldnt be cut and im not sure they get de la puente but if they got him cheap i wouldnt be against it.

Against some of this but overall good offseason B+